What a Longbow elite could look like for elementalist in EoD

Arheundel.6451

@Dadnir.5038 said:

I doubt it, the sheer amount of new skills to implement from a 5th attunment is what make it unlikely.

Weaver had just as many skills. Firebrand is also close.

@Arheundel.6451 said:Honestly how many of you think ele will get something even remotely close to this?

I'm actually expecting something like this as well. I'd like an F5 forge/avatar-like mechanic which charges with critical strikes (and maybe boon generation) and provides access to weapon arcane skills (so that traits could affect both utilities and F5 skills). Focus would be on single target (or low aoe) burst, boon generation/steal/removing and cc, so something that would be a great glass cannon for pvp/wvw modes, while not necessarily being an amazing dps spec for pve purposes (except maybe fractals/dungeons where short but strong burst matters more than constant dps).

I really want Longbow for my Elementalists.

But I don't really like the idea of an Arcane attunement.I'm just not feeling it like the people in favour of it do.I'd prefer a mechanic that rewards me for staying in one Attunement.

Also, the creator forgot about adding Arcane Trident skills.

We'll just get a a new weapon with 4*5 same skills, with a random F5 skill like a rage mode or something.

I'm pessimistic but teams already got cut in half by Anet/NCsoft those years ; I see less and less people connected in my contact list and guilds ... I don't think they have energy, time, and public, to design new elite-specs, with original mechanics and skills PLUS balance themwith all others classes and specs in PvP/WvW.

Plus they already had no clue how to balance Ele properly for like 7 years, yoyoing between godmode for some players and worst class ever, and ele is not single; I don't think new originals elite-spec are the best things we have to wish.

I just hope for a range weapon and some funny skills without powercreep.

@Fueki.4753 said:I really want Longbow for my Elementalists.

But I don't really like the idea of an Arcane attunement.I'm just not feeling it like the people in favour of it do.I'd prefer a mechanic that rewards me for staying in one Attunement.

Whats tempest if not one attunement Andy? You barely have to swap them or generally focus only around 2 if you want to maximize your role.

It's a cool write-up and extremely detailed and well presented, I'll give you that.

@"Fueki.4753" said:I really want Longbow for my Elementalists.

I agree with this. As is, Ele can be extremely congested with skills and cooldowns and this makes it 5x worse. Not only that but it's kind of a concept that exists with the Arcane skills and trait line. Just adding a "Mesmer-ized" attunement built around time and boon removal seems kind of boring. If it were an "Arcane Button" that sort of changed your current spells by injecting arcane power into them (so an F5 but it adds elements of crit, blocks, daze and boon destruction) to your next few spells (maybe even have a visual color shift to make the distinction visible...like blue fire, green water, yellow lightning and black earth) could be cool but I dunno...still feels similar to current arcane.

If I were creating a concept for an espec with Long/Shortbow Ele, I think having a mechanic that consumed an attunement to "charge" or "modify" an attack or set of attacks would be what I'd attempt to make. The complication is to use the more offensive attunements as modifiers, you can't BE in the attunement when it's consumed. You'd have to be in Air to charge your attacks with fire or be in Water to charge your attunements with both Air and Fire.

@steki.1478 said:Whats tempest if not one attunementTempest is not designed for staying long in one Attunement.It's designed to stay in an Attunement until you can overload it than than switch to the next.

Andy?Maybe you should not assume people's names.

You barely have to swap them or generally focus only around 2 if you want to maximize your role.That may be how people play it.However, that's not how it was designed.

Either way, people should forget about 1 attunement ele since it's virtually impossible to make considering that 4 specs affect 1 attunement each. It's already bad enough that a lot of traits dont work once you swap out of certain attunements, it would be even worse if you cant even get to use them.

1 attunement ele already exists, it's called a different class.

@Arheundel.6451 said:Thus far can we all agree on the fact that next elite must be ranged and not melee centered? The implementation is up to Anet but at 100% the next elite must be 1200 range focused we can all agree on that right?

I actually think that the range could vary between the Attunements.But 1200 on Fire and Air sounds good.But the weapon trait ought to give 20% more range.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Leo G.4501 said:I think it's a kind of turn of phrase...I don't know what it's called but it's supposed to use alliteration like Leisure-suit Larry, Know-nothing Nancy, Deadbeat Dennis, etc.That doesn't make it less inappropriate though.

I'm not commenting on the appropriateness of the post, only saying they aren't actually assuming your name is Andy lol

@Fueki.4753 said:

@The Boz.2038 said:Any weapon Ele is going to get is most likely not going to be a weapon that they already have as a Conjure. So, no longbow or shortbow, greatsword, axe, shield, or hammer.

There is no conjurable Longbow.

Conjure Frost Bow summons a weapon that has the exact same design as both a longbow and a shortbow. While the Conjure's range fits that of a shortbow, the overlap is obvious, and will be detrimental to the PvP/WvW experience.