Library in home zone

Hi there

I was skimming through the many and many achievements in GW2 and thought "that's a loot of books"GW2 has quite a complex lore with lots of small stories which can be retrieved by the player through completing these books achievements but once completed, these books just take a lot of place in your inventory and i guess for most players, they end up being discarded.

It would be nice to either have a sort of library in your Home zone where you can store all books and similar documents (contract of patronage, or discovery mails received for raids for instance).this would bring in 2 nice things:

• Being able to easily go through all of the books to review these interesting (and under used in my opinion) parts of the story
  • Showing off your large collection of books and trophies to players who visit your Home

Please give your comments if you think this could be interested, or could be setup differently!We know that there are already options to customize the home zone with cats, chef stations, and harvesting zones, it would be nice to see it being used for more things.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:if they take time to revisit "chairs in the world" is possible to revisit books.

oh no doubt it is possible - it is actually implemented at the Astralarium in Istan. Around that time I remember they had a British dev who was working on the new book interface, Ruby I think interviewed him but he said it wasn't an easy or quick job just making that new interface... bottomline is, don't even need that - just cut out a piece of the Home instance for shelves. Eventually with many more books something would have to be done to create more space, maybe a "door" to yet another instance that'd be an expandable library...

@Perisemiotics.4579 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:if they take time to revisit "chairs in the world" is possible to revisit books.

oh no doubt it is possible - it is actually implemented at the Astralarium in Istan. Around that time I remember they had a British dev who was working on the new book interface, Ruby I think interviewed him but he said it wasn't an easy or quick job just making that new interface... bottomline is, don't even need that - just cut out a piece of the Home instance for shelves. Eventually with many more books something would have to be done to create more space, maybe a "door" to yet another instance that'd be an expandable library...

yeah, if they "open mind" they could do it easy, they just need use the istan library as template, just a room with a "anchor" where user interact and trigger the book data.then they make current books gizmos as "consumables" that unlock that "anchor".