Best way to get Mesmer to Staff Mirage

Crunchbone.7341

I am a player with visual impairments, and have been enjoying this game so much! I made a GS/LB Norn Ranger day one & have played through all the stories & Xpacks. I find that I get overwhelmed at times & decided to try a Necro just for enjoyment going through everything again. I am not too worried about leveling the Necro normally to 80 through the stories & maps. My Necro is a baby Charr which fits for me.

I also wanted to make an aszura Staff Mirage Mesmer for JP completions. I can not calculate well on where my Norn will land & fail the puzzles repeatedly. I then abandon them. I don't figure the Charr Necro will do much better for me in JP, but should be great fun in open world pve. I have an aszura ranger that is much easier for me to jump accurately on, but I want to try Mesmer so I can help port others if/when I am successful in a JP. People in GW2 have been kind & helpful to me & I want to help others too.

However, I have read often that leveling a Mesmer is like pulling out fingernails until you get to elite specializations. I have 2 level 80 boosts from the HOT & POF purchases. Will I be more sorry if I boost the mesmer then do all the HP & stories, or if I try to level it normally? Also, if the recommendation is to level it normally, is there a good build or guide to follow? I do not do fractals or raids as my vision impairment affects my reaction times & I would hurt a group (I do play in & love Metas & World Bosses though!). I also need to play with as few spells & complication as possible, again due to very poor vision. Staff Mesmer seems to be a valid option, but I fear the journey to the Mirage part :)

Personally, I'd go ahead and boost the mesmer. Take some time to watch some videos on mesmer - I don't normally PvP at all, but, I still learned quite a bit about playing chronomancer by watching a couple of videos from Lord Helseth. Boosting is going to get you exotic soldier's gear, a great sword, long sword, and pistol. If you have the living world season 3, change out your trinkets for ascended ones and dump the soldier's trinkets as soon as you can. Then hop on a HP train and unlock mirage.

Staff Mirage is simple:

• gear: Trailblazer (or Rapid or Dire). In general I like Trailblazer. Exotic is good enough
  • traits: Dueling 1-2-3, Chaos: 2-3-3, Mirage: 2-2-3
  • Food: Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew. This is very important.
  • push Dodge button, auto attack, repeat
  • most other things are utility or how to get more Dodge

Everything revolves around dodge to get Mirage Cloak and everything else. Thats why proper food plays a big role. Google for more info and videos.

I like this video:

I use Trailblazer gear tho.

Boost? Well, you can only play Mirage at 80 and after you get enough hero points to fill in E-Spec.

Thanks for the input. I think I WILL boost the Mesmer! Hopefully I can still go back & do the personal story & such. My Ranger got Tybolt & I never forgot him. I have been wanting to try the other 2 storylines as well. The HP train is a great idea, & I saved chests with exotic choices for armor & exotic weapons in my bank so gearing at 80 should be easy enough. Just want to make sure I will not miss out on something very important by boosting. At least I have played through the entire game normally once with my Ranger first.

Thanks again! (Off to watch some videos)

Leveling Mesmer is not a struggle by any means. Metabattle has a good leveling build available but if you are comfortable with LB Ranger then GS Mesmer can play and feel similar.

That said, you do have the lvl 80 boost to use and as you are experienced in the game I'd say use it and free up the Shared Inventory Slot it takes up!

Of all the classes, I find leveling mesmer to 80 "the worst" followed by engineer. Once all the traits and gear are in place, everything is much better. So I too recommend using the insta-80 and then learning how to play by going back through the story, earlier zones, etc. as needed until you figure things out.

Then of course you'll have to figure out how to play the staff mirage version all over again. Not that it is entirely different, but depending on what weapon(s) you use with mesmer, could bring a learning curve.

Today i switched to staff mirage, Hizen's build, and i have to say...

LOL :sweat_smile:

I soloed the entire Deadhouse meta without dying once.My fingers cramp like hell from all that spamming though! :sweat_smile:

And you need the food and utility for it to work on champs, though it's perfectly fine on trash mobs and veterans without it. :+1:

Lord Hizen's build is the one I am after. Wondering if there is any way other than stacking 6 superior traveller's, surging, or fireworks runes on a spare set of armor to give my mesmer the 25% speed boost for the JPs. Ranger & Necro have it in build signets which works very well (Only activate when needed like for the JPs).

And all the profession conquering Lord HIzen does....amazing!

@Crunchbone.7341 said:Lord Hizen's build is the one I am after. Wondering if there is any way other than stacking 6 superior traveller's, surging, or fireworks runes on a spare set of armor to give my mesmer the 25% speed boost for the JPs. Ranger & Necro have it in build signets which works very well (Only activate when needed like for the JPs).

You can switch to the chronomancer. They have a speed boost by default. Just make a new build template where you have chronomancer elite selected, traits don't matter for JPs, just the Chrono elite. And you'll have your speed boost. Probably not as much as from runes, but it's still faster than core and Mirage.

@"Crunchbone.7341" said:Perfect, thank you. I am still trying out the trial 80 boost & finding it fun so far :)

Cool. :smile:Yeah, mesmer is fun when you don't have to be competitive haha. :tongue:

Also, if you plan on doing a lot of jumping puzzles, i suggest getting this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Position_RewinderSaved my sanity countless times.

Chrono speed boost, mesmer portal and this, plus stack as much alacrity as you can so you reduce the cooldowns, and you'll be finishing every JP in no time. :smile:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Crunchbone.7341 said:Lord Hizen's build is the one I am after. Wondering if there is any way other than stacking 6 superior traveller's, surging, or fireworks runes on a spare set of armor to give my mesmer the 25% speed boost for the JPs. Ranger & Necro have it in build signets which works very well (Only activate when needed like for the JPs).

You can switch to the chronomancer. They have a speed boost by default. Just make a new build template where you have chronomancer elite selected, traits don't matter for JPs, just the Chrono elite. And you'll have your speed boost. Probably not as much as from runes, but it's still faster than core and Mirage.

It's exactly the same speed boost as the one from runes. All the professions passive movement speed enhancements got normalised a loooooong time ago.

@Yoci.2481 said:

It's exactly the same speed boost as the one from runes. All the professions passive movement speed enhancements got normalised a loooooong time ago.

Ah, then it's definitely a cheaper, more flexible alternative to runes because you can then use Chrono for speed boost and Alacrity, and whatever runes you want. Then switch back to staff Mirage when you're done with JP with no equipment switching.

Cool! :smile: