Gathering bots now work under the map. Impossible to report.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Make a report in game when you see it happen and say what you saw in the comment section. Support should be able to use ingame reports to pull up the map information.

Altternative, you can also quickly press printscreen and make a support ticket to repot this. I do believe that having a printscreen helps support a lot. Best is to have the servertime in view as well.

@kharmin.7683 said:What's the point? If this is a blip and then gone in a flash, how is it affecting your ability to complete content?

1. It reduces the prices for materials on the trading post, which makes gathering almost worthless for the honest player.
  2. The overabundance of certain materials prompts ANet to increase the material requirements in new recipes, making them uncraftable without tedious grinding or buying the materials from the bots.
  3. The gold generated this way will end up on the black-market, circumventing ANet's gem to gold conversion and their profit share.
  4. The resulting account suspensions generate extra work for the support team, which delays other tickets.

@Parasite.5389 said:

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:
  1. The overabundance of certain materials prompts ANet to increase the material requirements in new recipes, making them uncraftable without tedious grinding or buying the materials from the bots.well that's just completely inaccurate

Well THAT'S just completely inaccurate. You don't mention what part of my comment is inaccurate.Assumption 1: You don't agree that overabundance of materials causes ANet to increase material requirements.In this case it must have been my imagination that refining materials like mithryl or elder wood costs more raw material than at launch. It also must've been my imagination that gen2 and gen3 legendaries require dozens of stacks of these materials.

Assumption 2: You don't agree that grinding these materials is tedious. How long do you need to gather 80+ stacks of Mithril?

Assumption 3: You don't agree that you have to buy the material from the bots. So I guess you have some secret method of avoiding the trading post listings made by bot accounts? Please teach me.

Assumption 4: You don't agree that farm bots causes an overabundance of materials on the trading post. In that case please elaborate where all these farmed materials end up and why they have no impact on the ingame economy.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

1. The overabundance of certain materials prompts ANet to increase the material requirements in new recipes, making them uncraftable without tedious grinding or buying the materials from the bots.well that's just completely inaccurate

Well THAT'S just completely inaccurate. You don't mention what part of my comment is inaccurate.Assumption 1: You don't agree that overabundance of materials causes ANet to increase material requirements.In this case it must have been my imagination that refining materials like mithryl or elder wood costs more raw material than at launch. It also must've been my imagination that gen2 and gen3 legendaries require dozens of stacks of these materials.

Assumption 2: You don't agree that grinding these materials is tedious. How long do you need to gather 80+ stacks of Mithril?

Assumption 3: You don't agree that you have to buy the material from the bots. So I guess you have some secret method of avoiding the trading post listings made by bot accounts? Please teach me.

Assumption 4: You don't agree that farm bots causes an overabundance of materials on the trading post. In that case please elaborate where all these farmed materials end up and why they have no impact on the ingame economy.

your assumption that bot farming is the root cause of increased refinement costs or Gen2 legendaries costing more intermediate crafting materials is inaccurate as it's pure speculation, you have no evidence to support the claim.you forget the fact that there are more ways to farm those materials since launch

there are people who farm materials directly from nodes to sell them?

Well to each his own, but I knew it only so that people do that as an extra and get the most of events and are happy about any price fluctuation in materials because they do the node collecting only to save money :''D.

Your accusation in assumption #1 is problematic. How do you know the overabundance of mats due to botting is what caused these recipes to call for so many of those mats? Do you have any evidence of this, or are you - gasp - just assuming?

EDIT: missed @Parasite.5389's post above lol. At any rate, you have to establish that your claim in assumption #1 isn't total BS for any of the other points to apply. Which is not to say the other points aren't valid - in fact, quite the opposite. The things in assumptions 2-4 are all true. It does take quite some time (especially if you don't dedicate yourself to farming them efficiently) to gather up the amounts of mithril and elder wood these recipes call for. The market is anonymous, so as you say, it is impossible to completely prevent your gold from flowing to bots. It also makes sense that the bots wouldn't hoard the mats, but instead would be putting them up for sale on the market, which undoubtedly depresses prices.

But again, none of that means anything for your argument if you can't show us any evidence that the recipes are the way they are because of bots. Otherwise, you're assuming as well, which I think is hilarious and fitting.

@kharmin.7683 said:What's the point? If this is a blip and then gone in a flash, how is it affecting your ability to complete content?
  1. It reduces the prices for materials on the trading post, which makes gathering almost worthless for the honest player.
  2. The overabundance of certain materials prompts ANet to increase the material requirements in new recipes, making them uncraftable without tedious grinding or buying the materials from the bots.
  3. The gold generated this way will end up on the black-market, circumventing ANet's gem to gold conversion and their profit share.
  4. The resulting account suspensions generate extra work for the support team, which delays other tickets.

None of those points address what I said. Also, they seem to be pure conjecture without any supporting facts.

And, no, I do not endorse farming or botting. I just don't see it as a problem that prevents players from completing content.

@kharmin.7683 said:

None of those points address what I said. Also, they seem to be pure conjecture without any supporting facts.

And, no, I do not endorse farming or botting. I just don't see it as a problem that prevents players from completing content.

Isn't botting against the TOS tho?

Not that I care.

@kharmin.7683 said:

And, no, I do not endorse farming or botting. I just don't see it as a problem that prevents players from completing content.Neither was duping and gold selling or any illegal acts to exploit the game's economy, so we should be mute about these too?I just don't see why is it your reason to continuously voice against players reporting a long standing issue?

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:Isn't botting against the TOS tho?

Not that I care.

There are plenty of previous threads on this point that I'm not going to re-hash it here.

@Vilin.8056 said:I just don't see why is it your reason to continuously voice against players reporting a long standing issue?Why do players post on the forum about it when there are tools in place specifically for reporting behavior in-game? The whining is irrelevant and serves no purpose. Players should use the tools provided and then move on.

@lokh.2695 said:Check the forums search function to see how much ANet cares about the issue. Report and move on with your life. Or don't, why bother.

Exactly this. We really didn't need yet another thread on this topic when it's been discussed time and again.

@Deedrick.4372 said:Multiple threads worked for mounts......

Maybe. I have to agree that reporting the issue using the report function is the best road. A thread may or may not be read by the devs that make decisions where a backup of support tickets on the same problem will more likely catch thier attention. After that we really aren't equipped with any info to draw conclusions about what they do about it. Posting here is probably even less effective than complaining on the in game chat.

@Parasite.5389 said:

your assumption that bot farming is the root cause of increased refinement costs or Gen2 legendaries costing more intermediate crafting materials is inaccurate as it's pure speculation, you have no evidence to support the claim.you forget the fact that there are more ways to farm those materials since launch

Farming bots are one of the many hoses pumping materials into an over-saturated market. I've never claimed they were the only source, nor have I claimed they were even the biggest source. I just claimed they are a source. Unless the bots delete all their farmed materials, there is no place these materials could end up other than the trading post. Are the bots as a material source big enough to impact the market in a noticeable way? I feel yes, but I can't proove it. No one can proove it in either direction, because no one has any data. Except maybe ANet, but they don't share their data.

So if you said my original post was speculative, I would have agreed. However you accused me of being inaccurate without ever accurately stating which part of my post was inaccurate.

Good now I can get my legendary for cheaper

• Thanks 1

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Isn't botting against the TOS tho?

Not that I care.

It's just a convenient excuse to hand-wave these threads. You know "With 100% certainty, i don't use bots and i don't care one way or another, but stop whining about it".