Gathering bots now work under the map. Impossible to report.

@"kharmin.7683" said:

Exactly this. We really didn't need yet another thread on this topic when it's been discussed time and again.

Why do you care if there are more threads on this topic? After all you can still view the forums and and ignore those threads. It does not affect your forum viewing. Also there are tools where you can report threads and ask them to be merged with other threads on the same topic if you think it is appropriate. :)

Same thing with bots. Good grief this is the only MMO I have played where people try to make excuses for such things and shrug it off as well "Report it and shut up about it ."

Bots are active cheaters. They would not do it if there was no advantage by doing so.

It's botting and thus, should be banned. However, I'm not going to pretend that all botting is bad and that there isn't some that can be beneficial. Bot miners being one, depending on what is being done with those mats. It's simple really. Selling to a vendor generates new wealth and puts it into circulation within the player base but selling it on the TP means that money already in circulation is switching hands and this comes with an associated transaction fee which pulls money out of circulation. The former contributes to inflation while the latter contributes to deflation. Also, in the case of the latter, if the crafting mats are cheaper, the crafted items are cheaper. This is also a benefit. This doesn't mean those who profit off crafting will profit less. They profit off the margin. That is, selling price - crafting cost = profit margin. It's the drop in the crafting cost that allows the item to be sold for cheaper while maintaining the same profit margin.

In fact, this is better for crafters. Some people have more time to play than others. Some focus on the parts of the game that net them the most money while others prefer the story and events. Some can afford and are willing to buy gems with real money and buy gold with the gems while others are not or simply can't. This will naturally create an imbalance of wealth among players. This means, the more expensive items sell for on the TP, the more cost prohibitive they become to consumers which is bad for producers. The price you can sell the item for, regardless of the cost to make it, is largely influenced by the demand for that item. So if you can cut the cost to craft an item that is in high demand, the selling price doesn't have to come down all that much and instead you end up with a greater profit margin.

This is where ANet can make changes. I sometimes think they actually want to see inflation happen. Sell too many items too quickly on the TP and get an error. Something that has existed since day 1. Meanwhile I can vendor my entire inventory in a fraction of the time and not get such an error. Remember, time is money. If the goal is to make money, it's better to just sell the higher priced items on TP (rare and exotic gear) and vendor the rest. Thus, generating more money into circulation via selling to the vendor than what is removed via TP transaction fees. Get rid of this limiter already.

Then there are the items gained by leveling and completing quests. The kind that can only be deleted. Waste of opportunity there. Allow them to be salvaged. This will encourage TP utilization which will mean TP transaction fees. Simply put, the game should be designed to encourage TP use over vendor use.

Someone made a claim about ANet increasing the amount of mats require to craft end game gear because of the volume of mats on the TP that bots produce. Not only do I disagree with such a claim, I believe it is the other way around. It's because ANet goes with needing such large amounts of mats that people resort to botting.

@Zuldari.3940 said:Report it, time date location, they can pull up the server info see who it was. Remember Anet like blizzard bans in waves, for this sort of thing.

Bans in waves only the ones that are free and that don't buy things from the gemstore. If they have the DLCs, they will NEVER get banned. As long as anet profits, they don't give a damn, which is the same as it is in all MMOs.

@Vilin.8056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:What's the point? If this is a blip and then gone in a flash, how is it affecting your ability to complete content?
  1. It reduces the prices for materials on the trading post, which makes gathering almost worthless for the honest player.
  2. The overabundance of certain materials prompts ANet to increase the material requirements in new recipes, making them uncraftable without tedious grinding or buying the materials from the bots.
  3. The gold generated this way will end up on the black-market, circumventing ANet's gem to gold conversion and their profit share.
  4. The resulting account suspensions generate extra work for the support team, which delays other tickets.

None of those points address what I said. Also, they seem to be pure conjecture without any supporting facts.

And, no, I do not endorse farming or botting. I just don't see it as a problem that prevents players from completing content.Neither was duping and gold selling or any illegal acts to exploit the game's economy, so we should be mute about these too?I just don't see why is it your reason to continuously voice against players reporting a long standing issue?

The reason is clear ... because those players aren't actually using the established process to correctly report said long standing issue.

Hmm .Maybe each time you harvest a resources , you get a Icon that changes color as you harvest more things , something like the Death Penalty that if you die repeatedly goes Grey>Yellow>Red .The same could apply here , dealing damage to you . And if you have "broken gear" because the bots wont repair , the effect is getting shorter .

Or rather than damage ...useless junksAfter of 30 tries , with 9 sec between the tries

Or:Dividing the map in 8 zones , where harvesting nodes have the same "color pallet" in that zome(the ones side by side) and doesnt trigger the effectAnd every nearby maps , have diferent colors also

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:What's the point? If this is a blip and then gone in a flash, how is it affecting your ability to complete content?
  1. It reduces the prices for materials on the trading post, which makes gathering almost worthless for the honest player.
  2. The overabundance of certain materials prompts ANet to increase the material requirements in new recipes, making them uncraftable without tedious grinding or buying the materials from the bots.
  3. The gold generated this way will end up on the black-market, circumventing ANet's gem to gold conversion and their profit share.
  4. The resulting account suspensions generate extra work for the support team, which delays other tickets.

I think you are mistaken somehow.This is the GW2 forum for a Fantasy MMO. People here play to have fun doing adventures and experience a lore.You know, with sword and shield n' stuff

The forum you are looking for would be Minecraft.com

@Kurrilino.2706 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:What's the point? If this is a blip and then gone in a flash, how is it affecting your ability to complete content?

I think you are mistaken somehow.This is the GW2 forum for a Fantasy MMO. People here play to have fun doing adventures and experience a lore.You know, with sword and shield n' stuff

Hahaha funny... not.Gathering is a part of GW2's PvE system. There are gathering nodes, equipment for gathering and ANet makes quite a lot of money by selling gathering tools in the gemstore. I see nothing wrong with expecting a system that is in the game from day one and heavily monetized to work and be worthwhile to use. Most players are here for the complete package that GW2 offers. This includes, but is not limited to, adventures, lore, a sense of community found in guilds, challenges in raids, fractals, PvP, etc and also gathering and crafting.

Also please name a major fantasy mmo that doesn't have gathering. It's almost like the "n' stuff" part includes pickaxes, shovels, axes and other gathering equipment for pretty much every fantasy world there is. If you want clear-cut borders between games, you should get rid of Guild Halls first. Building and decorating your own base is something that Minecraft does a lot better than GW2.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:What's the point? If this is a blip and then gone in a flash, how is it affecting your ability to complete content?

Hahaha funny... not.Gathering is a part of GW2's PvE system. There are gathering nodes, equipment for gathering and ANet makes quite a lot of money by selling gathering tools in the gemstore. I see nothing wrong with expecting a system that is in the game from day one and heavily monetized to work and be worthwhile to use. Most players are here for the complete package that GW2 offers. This includes, but is not limited to, adventures, lore, a sense of community found in guilds, challenges in raids, fractals, PvP, etc and also gathering and crafting.

Also please name a major fantasy mmo that doesn't have gathering. It's almost like the "n' stuff" part includes pickaxes, shovels, axes and other gathering equipment for pretty much every fantasy world there is. If you want clear-cut borders between games, you should get rid of Guild Halls first. Building and decorating your own base is something that Minecraft does a lot better than GW2.

Even though gathering is a fundamental element of many MMO's, that's not sufficient to demonstrate that the level of auto-gathering happening in this game is not being dealt with in an appropriate way.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Even though gathering is a fundamental element of many MMO's, that's not sufficient to demonstrate that the level of auto-gathering happening in this game is not being dealt with in an appropriate way.

Or causing an adverse effect on the in-game economy.

I don't think it's a problem if the prices for materials drop: Cheaper to buy them then. For sellling it never really seemed interesting to me to farm them. (Too much hassle to stop to gather every time.)

More of a problem is - I guess - when the bots selling that stuff use their gold to either sell it for real money (RMT) to other players or use it to buy stuff on the TP. (And other players buying the gold for real money can use it to buy stuff on TP.)

Though RMT trades probably easy get detected. ArenaNets system afaik is sooo good that it sometimes even generates false bans.

If the users playing with bots use the money for themselves (and no harsh ban waves on bots yet) ... it might increase prices of other stuff. (Being bad for people that want to buy other stuff.) If the bots can just pay high prices (keeping the sell offers high if the high prices get taken by bots) - for expensive rarre stuff.