make activities apart of festivals

If you mean the one in lions arch that rotates daily I can tell you exactly why no one does them, the reward, once you have the AP why spend the time in there for basically nothing, a couple of silver if you win is worthless compared to what you could make just killing random things and harvesting what you come across in the same time frame.

@"artcreator.4859" said:The activities in this game are really really fun but no one plays them, maybe making them part of a festival with it's own rewards would help drive player engagement

The weekly rotation killed Keg Brawl. Wish they removed the "you can only play X day" restriction from them, it's pointless and counterproductive.

Stuff needs to be on maps that are actually visited a lot. I know some activities had acces on the map. (Keg Brawl in Hoelbrak I think.) But there is no other real incentive to play them ... besides the achievements.

They should make some mini arenas in certain maps lol. Or maybe a permanent daily achievement? People probably will only do stuff when there is "daily activity" required. As for the festivals: Sanctum Sprint is not (anymore) even included in festival achievements I think ... pretty empty and no reason to play it during festival. (Halloween at least gives reasons for Reapers Rumble and the survival thing - by having achievements. Be it only a daily.)

If those activities were really fun then I think people would play them for fun. After all they only take a few minutes to play. But most of them IMO are not and relics of old GW2. Abandoned and just ignored at this point. I actually enjoy Sanctum Sprint and have played it enough that I am in the top 25 most played according to GW2E. Yeah I know GW2E does not represent the entire player base. You can throw all the rewards you want at it at those activities . But if you do then people will get angry because they might feel obligated to play something they do not enjoy just for rewards. Instead make it fun and people will play it. I think the Metal Legion event is a great example of that. Not so great rewards, but fun to play..

@Illumine Sparkler.6019 said:If you mean the one in lions arch that rotates daily I can tell you exactly why no one does them, the reward, once you have the AP why spend the time in there for basically nothing, a couple of silver if you win is worthless compared to what you could make just killing random things and harvesting what you come across in the same time frame.

I do them every time they are part of the dailies.

@artcreator.4859 said:The activities in this game are really really fun but no one plays them, maybe making them part of a festival with it's own rewards would help drive player engagement

Yeah, if only ANet didn't remove the rewards and tracks they used to have for them in the first place. They probably did so because they didn't want to maintain the content, which has all in some way or another become a buggy mess they don't care to deal with, so encouraging interaction with it isn't preferable.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:I highly doubt this would make a difference. Making them more rewarding would attrack more players, but making them part of a festival would not.

Rewarding things attracts people. Festivals are rewarding. Making activities part of festivals won't attract people.

Genius.

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:If those activities were really fun then I think people would play them for fun.

"Fun" for 99% of the playerbase is chasing incentives. Look at every post above yours talking about how rewards drive incentives and the game doesn't get attention because it doesn't offer rewards. Read the threads about Living World zones becoming dead as soon as they aren't the freshest content. Read the threads about bosses and encounters that get no activity if they haven't been updated in years and aren't part of a daily. Fun as in "the part where you control stuff, and have it interact with other stuff" is of no matter to a cultivated playerbase of skritt.

You can throw all the rewards you want at it at those activities . But if you do then people will get angry because they might feel obligated to play something they do not enjoy just for rewards. Instead make it fun and people will play it.

See practically every daily and time gated content ever.

@"Fueki.4753" said:I do them every time they are part of the dailies.

And like 99% of other people, you are probably gone as soon as you've gotten your credit. No more incentive to drive you there, guess it's not "fun" for you anymore.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:I highly doubt this would make a difference. Making them more rewarding would attrack more players, but making them part of a festival would not.

Rewarding things attracts people. Festivals are rewarding. Making activities part of festivals
won't
attract people.

Genius.

I takes a Genius to master the art of reading comprehension.For example. I never said that festivals are rewarding.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

Rewarding things attracts people. Festivals are rewarding. Making activities part of festivals
won't
attract people.

Genius.

I takes a Genius to master the art of reading comprehension.For example. I never said that festivals are rewarding.

And because you didn't say it, it's therefore it's not true or something? Achievement, skin, and token chasers don't exist? Are you somehow not aware of the whole development of the thread where practically everyone admits that rewards drive activity?

@Shayne Hawke.9160 said:

won't
attract people.

Genius.

And because you didn't say it, it's therefore it's not true or something? Achievement, skin, and token chasers don't exist? Are you somehow not aware of the whole development of the thread where practically everyone admits that rewards drive activity?

I'm not saying it is true or not. I also never said that festivals are not rewarding either. It is besides the point.My main point is that changing the reward structure would help to promote activities. Making them apart from a festival does not help to promote them. It is the reward that helps, not the occasion.