WvW Has lost a great Commander and friend

• 1 year later...

It has been more than a year and I still remember and miss my friend Canis. I always stop by at north camp and pay my respect hoping I don't get killed by some lurking thief somewhere. Anyways, your guildies will always miss and remember you, Canis.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Varamyr.2839 said:

It has been more than a year and I still remember and miss my friend Canis. I always stop by at north camp and pay my respect hoping I don't get killed by some lurking thief somewhere. Anyways, your guildies will always miss and remember you, Canis.

I never met the fellow but whenever I am on an enemy BL, I run up. Pay my respects to the ghost wolf anet made for him, then take the camp. I will never take the camp without paying respect first. 

• Like 1

I regret that I didn't see this thread when it was originally posted, but Canis was a great friend, guildmate, and commander.

He, along with Grundlebad and Istaea, recruited me into Knights Templar [KT] back when the game was still relatively new and a handful of us were doing our best to hold SBI together after the "mass exodus".  So much fun was had back in those days, both in WvW and PvE (ah, those Guild Missions!).  I even had the good fortune to meet Canis irl along with a few other members of [KT] at Otakon in Baltimore back in 2014? 2015? and we all had a blast.  I'll never forget playing Cards of Humanity (with a few cases of beer in-hand) in the hotel lobby one night and asking random strangers to join in for a hand or two. He even went so far as to get a woman's phone number for me that we had met after I had already left to return home; that was just the kind of guy he was.  Like so many others, every time I pass through North Camp on the Alpine BLs, I stop to pay my respects to my old friend.

Miss ya buddy!!!

• Like 3