Please fix the weird tilting already! [Merged]

GWMO.4785

I've never enabled any camera or movement options other than what come as default. Though I occasionally find myself holding a kite in the middle of a battle, so I could have twitchy-fingered the wrong key, if there are keyboard bindings for camera options.

One thing I note is that I also experience this the most often during Claw of Jormag, when there's a lot of fear-running and cascades of ice shoving players down the slope. When I regain control of my character, it's reoriented to the physics of the object to which I'm nearest, rather than an x, y or z axis.

Edited by Danger Ferret.6342

On 6/13/2021 at 6:56 AM, Lanz.7312 said:

I've noticed this only exclusively with Action Cam turned on. Not sure if that's relevant for anyone else. 

I haven't used action cam for well over 2-3 years and it still happens to me regardless of what race or class I'm playing. I've seen it happen to others on my screen. I've even seen it happen on highest, mid range, and low settings.

As someone previously mentioned in this thread, it most notably happens after I've been hard cc'ed - usually by being knocked back.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, my daredevil seems to get this a -lot- whereas my Berserker isn't as often. The knock-downs/pulls may have something to do with it, because my Warrior often has Stability, aka not getting knocked around. That said, hopefully Anet -is- working on this, it's not the -worst- thing in the world but it just takes you out of the game/disorients you. And GW2's sense of depth where your character's feet positions/mount on hills is a charming aspect.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this is on the list of pre-EoD things to fix. 

I remember the tilt being a fairly prevalent problem at years ago, then it got fixed. Currently, it's happening to me again on all characters, regardless of class, race, or combat. It doesn't take a cc or knockdown to trigger it - as others have said, just walking up a ramp or over a rock out of combat has my characters in silly inclined positions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

I hope this is on the list of pre-EoD things to fix. 

I remember the tilt being a fairly prevalent problem at years ago, then it got fixed. Currently, it's happening to me again on all characters, regardless of class, race, or combat. It doesn't take a cc or knockdown to trigger it - as others have said, just walking up a ramp or over a rock out of combat has my characters in silly inclined positions.

Yeah now that you mention it I remember it being an issue a while back, then it disappeared for a bit, but now it's back in full force, if not worse.

• 3 weeks later...

Behavior: The player character's animations fail to reproduce angle-based animation(reference: https://imgur.com/a/beQcjdR). There is a chance of happening after getting CC'ed especially after a knockback but not limited to those cases. This bug will remain even during walking/running animations and can be undone by stowing your weapon and standing still. This happens very often breaking immersion due to how weird it looks and I have also seen it happening to other players as well while watching their streams/videos.

On 3/26/2021 at 5:39 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

It seems mandatory to say "Please don't be tilted about this", so forgive me. I couldn't help it.

But I've also checked on this for you and people are looking into it.

few things for the people looking into it,

Tilting is a cause whenever an emote is used usually atleast it can trigger it ( example : u stand in a tilted area, u /sit , u then move to stand up, boom character tilted )  .

also using few things like Shroud on reaper can remove the tilt, i think some tonics can aswell.

- personally i dont want it fixed i have plenty of fun  being tilted .

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/532604623194685452/858017083929657394/unknown.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Just started playing again after 5 years and this keeps throwing me off big time 😞

Other than this, I couldn't be happier about the way the game seems to have grown! Can't wait to see what comes next! Well, after the tilt fix...

Edited by VOID.4179

On 3/26/2021 at 12:39 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

It seems mandatory to say "Please don't be tilted about this", so forgive me. I couldn't help it.

But I've also checked on this for you and people are looking into it.

Still standing almost horizontally on the sides of steep hills 😞

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 1:00 AM, Halcyon.7352 said:

If it's not a bug that was fixed for charr since launch, why would it be considered a bug for any other race?

Because now it is constantly happening whenever your player character gets pulled, pushed or knocked down/over. It is no longer a random bug, it is the rule now.

So, are we going to see this fixed anytime soon or will the world of GW2 remain without realistic gravity forever? :classic_mellow: It is quite ridiculous to look at and makes me feel a little ashamed for the game.

• Like 3

Has this problem been acknowledged by anet since this comment in March?  It only started happening to me significantly this year after a patch.  Embedded link also talks about it.  I just started playing through the story again for the achievements, but my character is constantly tilting on sloped surfaces!  It sucks.  

Edited by Ankidius.7968
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 9:11 PM, Ankidius.7968 said:

Has this problem been acknowledged by anet since this comment in March? [...] It sucks. 

13 hours ago, StormyFae.2761 said:

So... is this still getting "looked at" or nah? 

https://i.imgur.com/Zkr0dgF.jpg

2 hours ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

Please for the love of Talos at least tell us you're looking into it. It actually affects my ability to complete jps - or even just simple jumps.

Dear devs,
if you see this, please, give us any kind of update on the issue.

Seriously... 9-10 months into it and not a word. :classic_huh:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Oh my goodness, that's my biggest beef with this as well--jp problems. There is an achievement in PoF's birthplace of Vlast that wants you to do a jp. Said jp requires you to balance very carefully on ropes (way less sturdy than beams). My character (male sylvari necromancer) was wobbling SO MUCH, quickly wobbling back and forth between hanging off the left then the right, that it was impossible to tell where his center of gravity was, making it where I couldn't accurately correct his balance, causing me to never complete the puzzle. There were points where he was completely horizontal or even hanging off under the rope somehow!? This happened in August 2021, but has been going on long before this (there was a point where, probably last year or farther, I was sitting down... on the vertical surface of a wall!). This also isn't limited to my sylvari necro (though he probably has the most examples, since he's my main); this has happened a lot with my male human mirage.

Edited by Starseer.1047
clarity, grammar
  • Like 2