Please fix the weird tilting already! [Merged]

GWMO.4785

On 2/8/2022 at 4:38 PM, Dami.5046 said:

I have placed a bug report twice for this. It was 'fixed' at one point then it broke again.

This was months ago.

It's never been fixed. There is only a temporary self-fix, and this thread, where you will also find what's causing it:

15 hours ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Yello.3406 said:

Hm, it could also be that the tilting is especially strong in human characters. On asura for example draw/stow still fixes it.

I've found that this workaround works regardless of race

On 12/3/2021 at 4:24 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

The only current workaround is to stow your weapons (or redraw, then stow, if they were already stowed), then wait 2 seconds for the character to realign correctly to gravity, then walk a step or two.

• Sad 1

well, it does not work for me. tested it a lot yesterday but what DOES work is transformation tonics! I put my endless Monkeyking Tonic in my Novelty Selection, transform for a second and the tilting is gone! so here is another workaround for you.

Novelties also have a keybind (standard U), so it is very convenient! 😃

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yello.3406 said:

but what DOES work is transformation tonics!

Yes, those work, too, unless it's a humanoid transformation that has the same animations as player characters. 🙂

9 hours ago, Yello.3406 said:

well, it does not work for me. tested it a lot yesterday

Did you try to draw your weapons again before stowing them (in case they were stowed already) and then waited 2 seconds for the character to re-align? (No offense, really, just wanted to make sure since it works on all races for me.)

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/20/2022 at 10:38 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Did you try to draw your weapons again before stowing them (in case they were stowed already) and then waited 2 seconds for the character to re-align? (No offense, really, just wanted to make sure since it works on all races for me.)

Yes I tried multiple times drawing, stowing, drawing, stowing, waiting in between. It works on Asura but not on Humans for me. But I'm fine with the Novelty-Solution for now. 😃

BUT they better fix this with the Expansion release! It is the most annoying bug next to making me switch maps every 2 minutes...

• Like 1

man this is a perfect S-Class Feature in gw2 please dont ever fix that, so much fun i had over the years with that, dont get  tilted being tilted its good being tilted once in a while because then u know the difference   ? . something like that, but ye dont fix pls .

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Noobondrugs.8320 said:

man this is a perfect S-Class Feature in gw2 please dont ever fix that, so much fun i had over the years with that, dont get  tilted being tilted its good being tilted once in a while because then u know the difference   ? . something like that, but ye dont fix pls .

You must be joking. "Once in a while"?? :classic_dry:

Please play through Echovald Wilds where you get constantly pulled and knocked back, causing this bug to occur, then we'll talk. :classic_rolleyes:

• Confused 1

i feel it got even worse with EoD. It seems that my character also bugs on other causes than being pulled/pushed. I know that on many times i just ran around exploring without a fight for a long time and suddenly my character still defies gravity. 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, if a bug persists this long it is no longer a bug, it is a feature. I have a feeling we will just have to live with it at this point. Was just looking up to see if anyone else had this problem because it has been driving me nuts.

Editing just to add: Its very random for me. I will also just be running around doing world completion for vistas and waypoints and it will just happen. I haven't found a reason other than randomness.

Edited by Okerlund.4139

6 minutes ago, Okerlund.4139 said:

In my experience, if a bug persists this long it is no longer a bug, it is a feature. I have a feeling we will just have to live with it at this point.

That would be terrible.

Even the NPCs are affected by it. It just looks ridiculous and embarrassing.

• Confused 1

Strange how this bug has not reached the devs yet. Especially with the new release, something that has been around this long should have been added to their work backlog as a "low-hanging-fruit" of a sort. Really hope this gets noticed and fixed soon.

Interestingly enough, this only happens for my Daredevil, but not on any of my other classes. And the cause is the same as for most people - getting CC'd. 

• Thanks 1

I haven't read all the post, but it seems the issue happens after certain emotes too.  /Kneel & /sit in my case, but not on all characters. When I get a mastery insight it does it since the character animation is kneeling.  On my Daredevil for instance, when it happens I can just do the /bow emotes and she get straight again.  I says, it happens more on human female characters in my experience.