Really looking for a little help..HoT and PoF

7 minutes ago, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

As usual...Herald of Balthazar takes one swing and I am dead....getting off to a great start.

Preceeding that swing you should notice an animation where the herald raises her weapon and an orange cone shape appears on the ground in front of her. Watch for that and step or dodge behind her.

If that's too much to handle, hit me up in game and I can help you through it.

@HATORI HANZO.9562 I just tried to message you in-game, and I couldn't find you. I did manage to send you a mail though. I'll be on for an hour or two, so I might be able to help you figure some things out. By the looks of this thread, getting help through the text-based format of a forum, build website, or wiki really isn't going to help you.

1 hour ago, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

I jumped on the first raptor and fell of tying to review the first village....this is going well.

Oh I should have mentioned....I don't ever dodge...I just stand in front of my opponent and mash the 1 button as many times as I can.

Bad news is, this will get you killed on most elementalist builds, but I do have a pretty safe one that you might be able to get away with. That said, this game is built around avoidiance (dodging) rather than taking and surviving a hit. If dodging and not doing more than the basic attack is all you ever plan on doing, you probably need to level up a necromancer instead.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012

2 hours ago, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

I jumped on the first raptor and fell of tying to review the first village....this is going well.

Oh I should have mentioned....I don't ever dodge...I just stand in front of my opponent and mash the 1 button as many times as I can.

This is an action combat game. You'll always see poor results if you refuse to move or dodge. However, mirage replaces the standard dodge with one that doesn't move and can have some success standing in place spamming 1. If you want to get anywhere I this game that way, it's the only spec that can really do that.  See the video.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

That's a problem with you, not the game right there. In a game that is built around dodging and using skills, not dodging and not using skills isn't going to get you very far. To dodge, you simply double tap a movement key, it's not that complicated. Try to dodge when you see the orange/red markers on the ground. Basically when you see a marker like that, it's good to get out of the marked area, otherwise you will get hit. You need to use both hands to play this game and have your eyes on the monitor, which can be challenging I guess, but with a little practice you can manage it.

There is also the choice of weapon. Staff and Scepter have terrible auto attacks (skill 1) so if you are mashing the 1 button while using a Staff or a Scepter you won't go anywhere. If you want the proper "skill 1 experience" get a Dagger, slot Signet of Restoration for your healing skill (so every time you spam 1 you get healed) and then use the two Elemental Glyphs to summon Elementals to help you tank mobs. This can get you through every single area of the core game, you can play while half awake, without watching your monitor and only using the mouse. But it won't work very well in the expansions I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, maddoctor.2738 said:

here is also the choice of weapon. Staff and Scepter have terrible auto attacks (skill 1) so if you are mashing the 1 button while using a Staff or a Scepter you won't go anywhere. If you want the proper "skill 1 experience" get a Dagger, slot Signet of Restoration for your healing skill (so every time you spam 1 you get healed) and then use the two Elemental Glyphs to summon Elementals to help you tank mobs. This can get you through every single area of the core game, you can play while half awake, without watching your monitor and only using the mouse. But it won't work very well in the expansions I'm afraid.

The other problem is that weapons can have a 3-phase attack pattern on 1 (default key bind). For these, hitting 11111 stops the skill phasing, so only the first phase of the skill is ever activated, and the main damage is always on the last phase.