Purity of Purpose should not convert chill into Alacrity.

God.2708

People seem to forget what the zerglings’ reaction would be to nerfing this with a cooldown... unless something gets reworked, nerfs to durations/damage/support result in stacking the build even more.

Scourge for example. The shade skills are god awful, the targets per shade are god awful but all number nerfs do is result in more people playing the nerfed build to make up for the loss in damage/corrupts in zergs, but the same nerfs basically eliminated it from wvw outside of blob fights. If you put a cooldown on Purity, zergs would just run more scrappers to make up the difference. Personally I think the scourge trait Feed From Corruption is equally as busted a Purity of Purpose and both should be removed completely.

So what I’m basically saying is, all this boon ball complaining, is not a result of singular builds or traits, its the extent of which they are being stacked, which no number of nerfs is ever gonna solve. You could legit stack 50 minion mancers and there would be something which stands out to be nerf worthy, but the result is the build itself is weak. The game should not be balanced for these blob fights as number nerfs related to this way of playing affect all aspects of the game mode and I don’t think that’s fair for people that enjoy smallscale. If people wanna play blob vs. blob then they should just accept that boon ball will always be the norm at that scale because it certainly isn’t the case in any other scale.

@Faolain.2374 said:People seem to forget what the zerglings’ reaction would be to nerfing this with a cooldown... unless something gets reworked, nerfs to durations/damage/support result in stacking the build even more.

Scourge for example. The shade skills are god awful, the targets per shade are god awful but all number nerfs do is result in more people playing the nerfed build to make up for the loss in damage/corrupts in zergs, but the same nerfs basically eliminated it from wvw outside of blob fights. If you put a cooldown on Purity, zergs would just run more scrappers to make up the difference. Personally I think the scourge trait Feed From Corruption is equally as busted a Purity of Purpose and both should be removed completely.

So what I’m basically saying is, all this boon ball complaining, is not a result of singular builds or traits, its the extent of which they are being stacked, which no number of nerfs is ever gonna solve. You could legit stack 50 minion mancers and there would be something which stands out to be nerf worthy, but the result is the build itself is weak. The game should not be balanced for these blob fights as number nerfs related to this way of playing affect all aspects of the game mode and I don’t think that’s fair for people that enjoy smallscale. If people wanna play blob vs. blob then they should just accept that boon ball will always be the norm at that scale because it certainly isn’t the case in any other scale.

anet should’ve never incentivized stacking in the first place. that is already awful combat imo. fights are way more fun when they are spread out and multiple types of builds have a purpose.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"Faolain.2374" said:People seem to forget what the zerglings’ reaction would be to nerfing this with a cooldown... unless something gets reworked, nerfs to durations/damage/support result in stacking the build even more.

anet should’ve never incentivized stacking in the first place. that is already awful combat imo. fights are way more fun when they are spread out and multiple types of builds have a purpose.

It's literally how the game was designed....https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

@Zikory.6871 said:

@"Faolain.2374" said:People seem to forget what the zerglings’ reaction would be to nerfing this with a cooldown... unless something gets reworked, nerfs to durations/damage/support result in stacking the build even more.

It's literally how the game was designed....

yes and i think it was a bad idea. stacking and blobbing is boring imo.

@"Zikory.6871" said:

It's literally how the game was designed....https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

I mean there is a noticeable difference between the intentional interaction of one player blasting another players field and a random light field in a blob. I don’t think entire borders standing in a single spot, buttons smashing and randomly causing aoe effects because of it was as intentional as people think.

Isn't it true though that other games that don't have built-in combat mechanics that encourage players to stand in range of each other also have forms of blobbing? It always seemed like a fool's errand to me thinking that zerging is avoidable while playing PvP games and game modes with open world designs. Co-incidentally I was showing my kids what a zerg rush was the other day because they are using this word while playing Rust with no idea of its history.

A lot of post-HoT skills and traits do things that we used to do with combo fields. Nerfing Purity of Purpose is not going to nerf the boonball in the way some of you may think it will. All that happens is a different class/build becomes Best in Slot and meta changes.

@Chaba.5410 said:Isn't it true though that other games that don't have built-in combat mechanics that encourage players to stand in range of each other also have forms of blobbing? It always seemed like a fool's errand to me thinking that zerging is avoidable while playing PvP games and game modes with open world designs.

I think only applying the principle of diminishing returns can really bring us forward. Applied to blobs (for example when additional attacks hit the same target, their effect is reduced) it could help form smaller groups. Obviously this cannot be done without looking at damage and defense in general.Applied to stats, it could help increase build variance. Not only Berserker / Marauder or Minstrel might suddenly be viable. Or on the condi side trailblazer.

A lot of ppl forget alacrity hits all cd (as far as i know) even the ones you cant see. So on a class like eng your hitting all kits cd (i like to see if it his icd or swap sigil cd/ passive cd over all) over all making alacrity stronger then cdr traits. As there no cdr on kits its a balance chose anet has made for the eng class but by letting PoP give alacrity braking down any type of balancing.

At the same time giving powerful boons though PoP and conversation over all brakes a lot of soft cc support builds as things like root become resistance become a hard counter to them self in game play and over all weakens a team ability to build with different set up with out stepping on each other effects. Your fears (this dose not happen a lot) becomes a hard counter to other hard cc from your team. Your burning becomes a hard counter to 1 hit. Its just not good balancing.