A season were its only SOLOQ

Chilli.2976

SoloQ would be better with the current population, scattering player rating evenly with less match manipulation

You can always have DuoQ enabled for Gold rating and lower, giving those player a learning/chance to make up there, otherwise Platinum players will have to show they can keep their rating via being impactful in their own games.

If I can make it Platinum SoloQ, it's definitely doable for the rest of the people next to me. DuoQ in my experience makes it a breeze and it's not a good thing.

@"eksn.7264" said:I could use the same 90%/10% and argue that if it's only 10% of players who duoq (and we're both pulling numbers out of thin air), then what's the big hurt? Surely there are way more factors affecting the outcome of ones matches than getting duoqs here and there, which again can actually work in YOUR favor. It really is only an "issue" at very high rating and even then I just don't see the issue. After a certain point, rating is completely meaningless and if you associate your own skill and worth as a player to how high your rating is, it's just missing the whole point when 3-4 losses can be the difference between top 100 and gold 3.

If a dozen of tryhard players want to egotrip and abuse the system to gain nothing of value then just let them... It's not ideal but it affects so few people. I'd be as happy in plat 1 as in legend personally.

Maybe it's just me then, but I don't fancy throwing myself into boring games to feed someone else's ego, only to get the same result over and over.Win or lose, and it did help me win as many games, but blowout wins are boring.It's a competitive mode, so I expect some actual competition.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

@"eksn.7264" said:I could use the same 90%/10% and argue that if it's only 10% of players who duoq (and we're both pulling numbers out of thin air), then what's the big hurt? Surely there are way more factors affecting the outcome of ones matches than getting duoqs here and there, which again can actually work in YOUR favor. It really is only an "issue" at very high rating and even then I just don't see the issue. After a certain point, rating is completely meaningless and if you associate your own skill and worth as a player to how high your rating is, it's just missing the whole point when 3-4 losses can be the difference between top 100 and gold 3.

If a dozen of tryhard players want to egotrip and abuse the system to gain nothing of value then just let them... It's not ideal but it affects so few people. I'd be as happy in plat 1 as in legend personally.

Maybe it's just me then, but I don't fancy throwing myself into boring games to feed someone else's ego, only to get the same result over and over.Win or lose, and it did help me win as many games, but blowout wins are boring.It's a competitive mode, so I expect some actual competition.

I'm fully with you on that, but GW2 PvP is in too poor of a state and separating soloq/teamq won't solve anything.