If you wanted to keep raids as a game mode, how would you increase participation?

40 minutes ago, skus.4527 said:

Why not also have daily raid rewards? "W1 Boss Kill" as a daily chest achieve, just like with pvp, wvw, fractals, etc, is a lot more manageable when it's an easier encounter overall. Even if many players got the permeant rewards in raids, they'd re-run the content for a daily chest or similar reward on an ongoing basis, so long as the effort involved isn't completely disproportionate to the rewards as it would be if they tried to implement the daily chest idea on normal. 

That's a good idea that I also presented earlier in the thread, add achievements similar to the daily ones in Fractals (Raid ones will be weekly of course). My suggestion though was to remove some of the rewards from Raids when doing so, and put them inside these achievements instead. That way the overall amount of rewards would be similar to what we have today, but you'd get the bulk of the rewards earlier, without feeling pressured to finish every single wing to have any competitive reward with other farms. Burn out is a thing too.

Edited by maddoctor.2738
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, maddoctor.2738 said:

That's a good idea that I also presented earlier in the thread, add achievements similar to the daily ones in Fractals (Raid ones will be weekly of course). My suggestion though was to remove some of the rewards from Raids when doing so, and put them inside these achievements instead. That way the overall amount of rewards would be similar to what we have today, but you'd get the bulk of the rewards earlier, without feeling pressured to finish every single wing to have any competitive reward with other farms. Burn out is a thing too.

I still think the issue for raids in general is barrier to entry, but this is a good QoL.

Heck, I still feel nervous I've forgotten how to do particular mechanics, even if I've done something before. It feels like to me, to be good, I need to be doing them all the time.

• Confused 1