Balance frequency

schloumou.3982

Hi,I think most would agree that balancing groups of 50 people with random builds is nearly impossible. And since we dont get balance changes at all in WvW, can we please just copy paste the PvP balance changes to traits, skills etc. So we have some form of balance on a certain scale and a fresh breeze from time to time. You can leave the gear and stuff but please. People log in for the first time since months just to fight the same nadeholo/condirev/tempest cancer and are instantly reminded why they didnt play. It's no effort. Just copy the changes.

can we please just copy paste the PvP balance changes to traits, skills etc.ANet used to do that.

But then they started to remove and rework amulets and sigils in PvP. Now, adaptability, damage and sustain, all are a lot higher in WvW than in PvP.It's not just a few percent of less attributes in PvP like it used to be.

You can not transfer the PvP changes to WvW anymore and expect acceptable results. These have become basically two different games.

Just to make that clear: I don't like that development! But it's a fact.

@Voltekka.2375 said:What is stopping you from playing the builds you have issues against, i will never understand

I can answer this.

The selling point for this game for me was WVW believing that purchasing the game and expacs as well as spending money to get some of my professions to max level quickly I could enjoy the mode with ANY profession . Finding out that not every profession is viable due to a lack of balance means that I can't play what makes me happy while being herded into having to play what doesn't if I want to participate. Being limited to handful of builds is ridicules.

As an adult I take responsibility for how I spend my money but it's obvious I'm not getting any return on my investment because whoever is in charge of this branch of development is letting it fall by the wayside. So at this point I would rather sit this one out and see where it goes in the future rather than subject myself to anti - fun any longer. I can go play something else.

If they can't make all professions viable in WVW then it shouldn't be an option.

@noobfury.8167 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:What is stopping you from playing the builds you have issues against, i will never understand

I can answer this.

The selling point for this game for me was WVW believing that purchasing the game and expacs as well as spending money to get some of my professions to max level quickly I could enjoy the mode with ANY profession . Finding out that not every profession is viable due to a lack of balance means that I can't play what makes me happy while being herded into having to play what doesn't if I want to participate. Being limited to handful of builds is ridicules.

As an adult I take responsibility for how I spend my money but it's obvious I'm not getting any return on my investment because whoever is in charge of this branch of development is letting it fall by the wayside. So at this point I would rather sit this one out and see where it goes in the future rather than subject myself to anti - fun any longer. I can go play something else.

If they can't make all professions viable in WVW then it shouldn't be an option.

Every class is viable in both zerg and small scale/roaming gamemodes. There are resources available to show you build templates for both chouces. Check metabattle for ideas. Wvw has massively more variety then pvp. Thats why we like it.

Balancing the small outliers and common complaints like stealth, dowmstate health, lazy boomball meta and purity of purpose antitoxin plating conversions are minor in dev difficulty in comparison to pvp meta complaints.

@Apokriphos.7042 said:Every class is viable in both zerg and small scale/roaming gamemodes. There are resources available to show you build templates for both chouces. Check metabattle for >ideas. Wvw has massively more variety then pvp. Thats why we like it.

Imho that's a misconception. It may seem that way to people due to the lack of structure and purpose in this mode. I could equip the most dumb or random pve build of any class and be somehow successful on any scale in WvW but that doesn't mean stats,traits and gear are the reason. Some people do it even naked or with only offhand weapons. When folks are setting up more serious comps to teamfight there is not much more variety left in my experience.

@noobfury.8167 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:What is stopping you from playing the builds you have issues against, i will never understand

I can answer this.

Define "viable".