A greatsword revenant please.

ugrakarma.9416

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:is there any "legendary greatsworder" to borrow some concept?

Kalla didn't use a bow and Jalis used his hammer in melee range, so the weapon doesn't need to be one the legendary person used.For all we know, Arenanet could simply take one of the many Ritualists from GW1, slap a Greatsword on and have the utilities be based of Ritualist Weapons spells.

But Jora could qualify as a "greatsworder".

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:is there any "legendary greatsworder" to borrow some concept?

Kalla didn't use a bow and Jalis used his hammer in melee range, so the weapon doesn't need to be one the legendary person used.For all we know, Arenanet could simply take one of the many Ritualists from GW1, slap a Greatsword on and have the utilities be based of Ritualist Weapons spells.

True.

But Jora could qualify as a "greatsworder".

Well, Jora used whatever weapon you gave her in GW1 (there were no GS in GW1 anyway). In the Lore, Jora is the one that lost the the blessing of the bear and recovered it by washing her name through blood with the help of the blessing of the wolf. There is no greatsword involved in this.This is to say that it's difficult to qualify her as a "greatsworder". Beside, Kalla's statue wield a GS yet renegade got a shortbow, so I wouldn't put my hope high up on that front.

Anyway, due to the fact that there wasn't any GS in GW1, it's hard to give find a "greatsworder" legend out of GW1's lore.

That said, ANet could pull a stunt and conceptualize the GS as a symbolic weapon of an organization (like the ministry of purity for example, using GS as a symbole of cleansing through the use of weapon. Afterall, at the end of wind of change, the ministry of purity got rid of the afflicted, the Am fah, the Jade brotherhood and is ready to turn it's eyes on the corrupt officials of the empire. I'd find it interesting to see ANet making the Ministry of Purity itself a legend as a formless entity with the single minded purpose of purifying any corruption.)

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see Trahearne as a legend. He can say "This won't end well... for you!" when activated, as well as "Commander, a word?" every ten minutes while you're idle. You will be able to wield a greatsword and it will top the DPS meters till the heat death of the universe but all of its skills will have a knockback effect attached to it. Perfectly balanced.

• Haha 1

personally i think we'd be looking at a new legend based in or around Cantha which imitates East Asian culture.
i think we will be looking at some kind of Kenshi type legend maybe imitating Kendo. but since we have dual swords... and a Kenshi is a swordsman. i'd expect to see Greatsword. maybe mix in some jiu jitsu for CC
#1 would be a 3 skill attack as you would expect.
#2-5 would be a mix of dash, retreat and block/react attacks 
a heal would grant immunity to condi damage (not other types) for x secs and heal for X 
utilities would focus on CC and throws.

an alternative would be to allow the revenant to stealth and gain access to a double dagger which would place them as your typical assassin.

10 hours ago, Zeoli.3402 said:

an alternative would be to allow the revenant to stealth and gain access to a double dagger which would place them as your typical assassin.

I hope they won't give us stealth. There's already three classes which have native access to stealth (four with the DH) and with the trapper runes, Scrapper and Deadeye  the whole access to that tool (stealth is both utility, the best defensive effect in the game and the best "Batman prep time" for burst combos) started to get the things a bit out of control. Players already moan about Phase Traversal hitting through walls, imagine the drama (and the problems with balancing) if we start to land things as Surge of the Mist, Jade Winds or Deathstrike out of nowhere...

I like the mix between plate armor and mobility, but not with stealth. I'll also scream if they give a hammer to the Thief.

• Like 3

On 4/30/2021 at 9:52 PM, Janitsu.6284 said:

More like please not another GS user 🙂

You can still use hammer in fractals so nothing changes for you.

Gs or double dagger are kinda the only power melee options left though. I definitely want a 2nd power swap set besides s/s. A single offhand or mh would be a bit boring unless they add a lot of f key skills.

Power rev lacks depths currently. its mostly aa + upkeep without the energy trait which only ren can take. I hope they realize this aswell and the new elite gets enough energy regen mechanics to allow skill use like cren.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1