Another frustrating day in WvW

Yoci.2481

• 8 months later...
On 3/30/2021 at 5:50 PM, manu.7539 said:

Maybe u'll understand better if u read 😆 @Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

that is basicly the technique I use to fight and even a noob mesmer like me not knowing his skills can do good with it. Be stubborn and arrogant as u want then I'll ruin ur fun like the 2 mesmers I 1vs2 this morning 

[no longer relevant to today's version - deleted]

Edited by DannyAscalonGods.9314
Spaces between lines
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• 1 year later...

i played 8 classes now and mesmer, which was my first char in pve for a very long time, was the last i gave a try in the last weeks. and all i can say is, comparing all classes, most fun was hunter soulbeast, then elementalist tempest. by FAR the soulbeast hunter was the one with the best handling and the best output, then tempest. and while a think all other classes would for sure do well enough, if i could play them halfway decent, on the memsers side i come to the conclusion that memser is playing like a FARTED WET NOODLE in wvw...totally and utterly useless in ANY siutation other than farming the synthesizers or building siegeweapons.

i treid the classic stuff, i tried chrono, i tried mirage and nothing is of any worth in wvw. all tools are pretty much of no worth, the weapon combinations are kitten, didnt liked them in pve, except greatsword and staff, which makes somehow sense but again...a roflstomp in wvw. eversthing feels SLOW or comically useless clownjumpery. this class is not broken, its cracked into smithereens in wvw.. maybe they should exclude mesmer from wvw or make an own wvw area only for mesmers with a porting, blocking and cloning contest area. or synthesizer farming only. not even necro comes close to mesmers badness and theyre underperforming as well in wvw, but at least has some utilities

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, Kylden Ar.3724 said:

The answer is to stop playing Mesmer in WvW. Just not worth it to roam anymore.

Grab a zerg class and blob blob blob... just press 1 and occasional utility skills. 1/10th the effort, 10x the rewards.

Yeah agreed. roaming is pretty dead these days it feels like especially on Mirage/Mesmer. It makes me sad tho cause I get bored on zergs about as fast as I get bored doing world boss runs. Meaning, its fun when you really want to play and just want action. I always did worth with zergs/comms but when I used to be able to roam on my Mesmer I love to do a combination of things to keep me entertained like scout, cap solo/duelable objectives, duel fight, and help the tags with bigger caps + locating enemy for them. It was great varied fun and kept me entertained for long periods. Zerg I cannot usually stand more then 1-2 hours then I want a break also I get bored in zergs cause they tend to idle allot and then I lose interest. When I played Mesmer in wvw and roaming wasnt dead I felt allot more entertained in wvw. I miss my Mirage...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2021 at 1:51 AM, Leap Of Faith.8263 said:

Yeah i took a break from my mesmer. I love playing the class but making it work in WvW for so long is like banging your head on a wall. Mesmer just dsnt work

I am sure the mithril deadeye I obliterated this morning did not think this way. He had the drop on me, evaded my moa, so I just played defensively. Deadeyes all play the same so he never got me below half health before I downed him.

His necro friend, who was taking the nearby camp, realized his deadeye friend was actually in trouble so came to help. I killed him as well. You could almost hear the lamentations of their kin.

I spent a fair amount of time to figure out  what was best for me as pertains to mesmer playstyle. Don't just go for what people tell you is the best. It may be their best but not yours.  

For instance... the person who made the point about mesmers who use staff being easy to beat.  Staff actually fits my preferred playstyle. When I switched to staff from one or my weapon sets, my survivability jumped to where once difficult fights were fairly easy.

Don't be afraid to theory craft. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 1:56 AM, Tseison.4659 said:

So I am going to agree with you but won’t bother going in depth about my opinion because our profession has received more nerfs than anyone else and it’s too bad our class is shoe horned into relying on shatters and clones.

Lol 2 years later. This is still true. Us mesmers get kitten and nerfs for what? lol

• Like 2
  • Confused 1