Mystic Coin Scarcity Problem - [Merged]

16 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

If only they would just let us sell clovers. Since they are garbage loot from playing WvW/sPvP normally I wouldnt mind selling the excess to thirsty PvErs.

I'm curious... How long does it take on an average to complete a reward track in wvw without boosters?

And then again, you get only 2 clovers per track... I get 2 clovers from the fractal golem everyday... If it's possible to get more than 2 clovers in wvw with freshly started reward tracks, then it'd be juicy i guess

13 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I'm curious... How long does it take on an average to complete a reward track in wvw without boosters?

And then again, you get only 2 clovers per track... I get 2 clovers from the fractal golem everyday... If it's possible to get more than 2 clovers in wvw with freshly started reward tracks, then it'd be juicy i guess

About 8 hours at max participation not including the potions from dailies. Some people put 40 hours a week into WvW (not me), so that is 10 clovers a week. However, with boosters you can clear a track in about 4 hours.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

About 8 hours at max participation not including the potions from dailies. Some people put 40 hours a week into WvW (not me), so that is 10 clovers a week. However, with boosters you can clear a track in about 4 hours.

My estimate starting from 0 participation is about 10 hours, so it's not much different, especially now participation doesn't reset when you log off so you don't need to build it up each time. Although it depends a lot on how quickly you can build up participation. If there's an open tag which is active claiming/defending location and/or fighting other players it's a lot faster than if you're going solo trying to claim camps and ruins or following a tag that's mostly going in circles without doing much.

There's also some boosters which are easy for the majority of players to get, like the guild boost from the tavern (reward track boost, not WXP) and the celebration booster from login rewards (and birthday boosters) which can speed it up a bit.

56 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

My estimate starting from 0 participation is about 10 hours, so it's not much different, especially now participation doesn't reset when you log off so you don't need to build it up each time. Although it depends a lot on how quickly you can build up participation. If there's an open tag which is active claiming/defending location and/or fighting other players it's a lot faster than if you're going solo trying to claim camps and ruins or following a tag that's mostly going in circles without doing much.

There's also some boosters which are easy for the majority of players to get, like the guild boost from the tavern (reward track boost, not WXP) and the celebration booster from login rewards (and birthday boosters) which can speed it up a bit.

It doesn't take 2 hours to get to tier 6 participation though... Just go take a bunch of camps and sentries. Shrines as well if you are in RBL. You should be at t6 participation before you finish the circuit especially if you kill another player along the way.

The market can be and has been manipulated by one individual.  It was not natural market forces that raised the price of Mystic Coins, it was the efforts of one individual.  The sad part of this is that there are many people out there that knew this was being done and remained silent for months about it.  The economy of this game is ruined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Well the point is that it doesnt matter exactly how long it takes - we get mystic clovers whether we want to or not. As such mystic clovers is free garbage loot for many people. Sure you can work around it by making stuff and selling that... but only a few will bother with that.

43 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

The market can be and has been manipulated by one individual.  It was not natural market forces that raised the price of Mystic Coins, it was the efforts of one individual. 

Pretty sure the price of MCs was raising anyways, but the steeper changes were intentional like you said and we already knew that, at the very least by the time "the buy price wall" appeared.

43 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

The sad part of this is that there are many people out there that knew this was being done and remained silent for months about it.  The economy of this game is ruined.

I mean if someone literally cheated then it's no wonder they stayed silent about it, right? But I'd like someone to explain to me how exactly the economy of this game is ruined.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well the point is that it doesnt matter exactly how long it takes - we get mystic clovers whether we want to or not. As such mystic clovers is free garbage loot for many people. Sure you can work around it by making stuff and selling that... but only a few will bother with that.

True. Not sure there's enough of the clovers to make a significant dent in mc price (doubt there is), but it's still kind of an additional source of mcs that could help people craft legendaries instead of collecting dust in the bank.

....and a buff to wvw rewards 😁

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It doesn't take 2 hours to get to tier 6 participation though... Just go take a bunch of camps and sentries. Shrines as well if you are in RBL. You should be at t6 participation before you finish the circuit especially if you kill another player along the way.

It doesn't take 2 hours to get to T6, I just mean that when I've kept track of how long it took to complete a reward track starting from 0 progress and 0 participation it worked out to about 10 hours in total. It was a while ago that I worked it out and I can't remember the specifics, but this was for guides to getting the Gift of Battle and the Warclaw so it will have been a conservative estimate, because I wouldn't want to say 8-9 hours and then have a bunch of people complaining that it took 9.5 hours. The point is it's not that long, even if you don't already have participation built up.

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

It doesn't matter to people who play WvW regularly, but it could be important for people who rarely or never do WvW who are considering doing it to get clovers so they don't have to farm or buy mystic coins. If it's actually faster to farm gold and buy the coins then for them the clovers from WvW are irrelevant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

It was not natural market forces that raised the price of Mystic Coins, it was the efforts of one individual. 

No. MCs have been increasing in price on a steady curve long before that person got involved. That was one of the reasons why that commodity has been so easy to manipulate upward. Notice, btw, that if someone tried to bring the price of MCs down, it would be much, much harder, and succeed only shortterm.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:54 AM, hanabal lecter.2495 said:

They don't have to explain anything to you chill with the i demand an explanation entitlement. They will work to resolve the problem on  their end hopefully soon.

I mean... they kind of have to secure their game from this kind of thing. They may not need to directly give an explanation to one person, but the community as a whole.

12 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

There's also a mysterious shortage of chicken.  Have you seen the price they are asking on the TP for a leg of chicken?

Have you noticed that poultry meat does not come from chickens? We have to get it from moas or raptors. Under the circumstances I think the price is justified.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Have you noticed that poultry meat does not come from chickens? We have to get it from moas or raptors. Under the circumstances I think the price is justified.

Problem there is they are farmed that much there's no meat on them.  They only drop claws and the odd copper coin.  That's how hungry they are, they are driven to eat money.

What dastardly reason do the dev's have to drive up the cost of chicken?

20 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

Problem there is they are farmed that much there's no meat on them.  They only drop claws and the odd copper coin.  That's how hungry they are, they are driven to eat money.

No joke it used to drop waaay more it seems in y1&2

I had about 1k from randomly killing raptors and moas while running to hearts on maps while leveling my characters 

mainly in metrica province and brisban i think 

Edited by Clex Mix.7624

checking BW2BLTC, so far the price still have not plumet since the duper's ban, my guess the hoggers are still holding onto them to maintain the asset value to be used for off TP trading.

why is Anet still allowing people to put in stupid asking price after all these years, wasting database space and inflating the demand figure 🤦‍♂️

https://i.imgur.com/QRWtc0g.png

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, crepuscular.9047 said:

checking BW2BLTC, so far the price still have not plumet since the duper's ban, my guess the hoggers are still holding onto them to maintain the asset value to be used for off TP trading.

why is Anet still allowing people to put in stupid asking price after all these years, wasting database space and inflating the demand figure 🤦‍♂️

Regular players will be responsible for the remaining high price buy and sell listings. They had to work around the cheater's wall. Those listings don't magically disappear just because the cheater's orders have been deleted.

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958

2 hours ago, crepuscular.9047 said:

The price pre big manipulation of MC was at around 1.8g, on a constant rise.

The manipulation simply accelerted the increase to 2g. Which at the time did not raise suspicion. The push to 2.5g shortly after was what raised suspicion, and I would assume actually required constant investment to maintain, aka buying out MC to maintain the wall.

It is not unreasonable to assume that 1.9-2g or even 2.1g is the natural price for MC at the moment, given the constant rise and upcoming armory.

I seriously doubt the price will fall significantly without outside influence below 1.9g. In part due to as always mentioned hoarding of players.

That said, I am disapointed that such an influencial individual is able to cheat and manipulate the game for such an extended time. I'm not against players legitimately acquiring wealth and using that wealth to maintain and grow it. I am baffled thought there was no supervision at all it seems from side of the developers for such an extended time. Unfortunately not the only area one might add, if bots and the rampant botting are an indicator. The only upside here is it seems with the upcoming expansion, some house cleaning is in place.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

That said, I am disapointed that such an influencial individual is able to cheat and manipulate the game for such an extended time.

influential with a big asterisk, he basically bought influence with gold from duping items.

there was one very good point from Guild MM's baron podcast yesterday, the guy was constantly having the gold in circulation, so it is very difficult for whatever the RMT flagging algorithm to track.

Anet probably only have tracking at player level, that's how most MMOs pick out players doing RMT, not at Guild Bank level because a GB can be an accumulation of wealth up to 500 players, which can be massive, i guess this is an oversight they will be patching up.

19 hours ago, Joote.4081 said:

It's not th devs. It's the ascalonian resistance. They keep stealing the chicken from the charr farms (and charr keep trying to get those back). In those circumstances, the price of chicken goes way up.

• Haha 1