What is recommended BUILD, EQUIPMENT, TRINKETS, RUNES, and SIGIL for MESMER CHRONOMANCER and MIRAGE?

Captain Airbus.9352

If you're very, VERY new to gw2, like days/weeks, I suggest you to first learn the basic mechanics of your classes, core mesmer if you barely know it, like how to summon your clones and what they do and don't. Get to know the basic stat attributes and how they work (like precision increases your crit chance and ferocity increases your crit damage etc). Read the tooltips of your weapon skills, utility skills, traits, and how selecting different traits affect your skills. And do some experiment running around, make adjustments as you go. Turn to these elite specializations when you have at least some basic concept and knowledge about your class.

I mean, if you're really new and just used some level 80 boost and want some recommendations on builds so that you can jump into some endgame contents right away, there's a good chance things won't work out as you expect it would.

Or if you really want to skip all that, there's a place for that kind of stuffs you've asked: https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

For PvE: If you run the standard berserker gear with enough asssasin's to crit cap you're going to be fine with power chrono mesmer. If you aren't that proficient or want to save gold get marauder stats. You should aim for scholar or eagle runes generally , pack runes are alright but given the cost differences I'd only run it if you need boon duration for quickness output. Your primary weapon should be sword mainhand in any case with sword, focus, or shield as offhands. Greatsword is used only for ranged tagging and clone generation in boon builds, you should not camp it.

Key point is shattering clones, try to shatter with three clones up.

Against tougher bosses you can cheese it with condi variants (chrono or mirage) in trailblazer or viper's. Run scepter + pistol or torch. Carrying a staff is optional , mirage can use axe mainhand as a condi weapon and the ambushes put out torment in bulk.

Re: PVPHonestly I would not play mesmer in PvP right now. Scourges are rampant so either way you run it won't have that much kill potential. If you run power you need to spike through barrier, if you run condi well good luck punching through that wall of health when there's condi clear. You also need to deal with daredevils, spellbreakers, holosmiths, scrappers, support tempests, and revenants of both damage types.

If you mean PvP loosely including WvW , then run minstrel support chrono in groups ; condi chrono or core mesmer (PU a.k.a. Prismatic Understanding) in roaming or solo.

Chronomancer build by Wooden Potatoes

It is honestly the best chrono build I tried. Lots of boons (quickness, 25 might, fury) and good survivability (through healing signet) + decend damage for Open World or even strike missions. You can always swap your grandmaster chronomancer's trait to Seize The Moment and play it like a support.

Mirage — build whatever you want, but axe as a main weapon and Runes of Tormenting in your armor.

For open world PVE, this is working out to be a very good power Mirage:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PihAEZlVwUYbMImJWyTrPNA-zRRYBKmKQM4yIwSIiMwk5oaGA-e

With fury from traits, and might from sigil, you'll sit at around 95% crit chance and ~3000 power. With healing from Inspiration line and a seemingly endless supply of of clones/phantasms, you can survive quite well. Alternatively, you can take Domination (1-2-1) in place of Inspiration for more damage but less sustain.

Greatsword is the main weapon, and staff is an unusual offhand choice, but it has its value. But axe or sword would be another option.

For condi Mirage, Hizen's staff/staff build is a good place to start. It's not the most powerful, but high survivability, and ability to solo. You can then later migrate the build to an axe/torch or axe/sword variant:

@"Antycypator.9874" said:Chronomancer build by Wooden Potatoes

It is honestly the best chrono build I tried. Lots of boons (quickness, 25 might, fury) and good survivability (through healing signet) + decend damage for Open World or even strike missions. You can always swap your grandmaster chronomancer's trait to Seize The Moment and play it like a support.

Mirage — build whatever you want, but axe as a main weapon and Runes of Tormenting in your armor.

I used this video as a guide when I came back to playing last year. Unfortunately there have been some changes skills and traits since this was presented originally. However it was a good springboard build into trying different things with Chrono.