Season 9 Queue Changes

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hi folks!

Starting with Season 9, legendary players will no longer be able to duo queue. Because we have so few legendary players, it’s very difficult to get legendary players into an appropriate match. When legendary players duo queue, it greatly compounds this difficulty. Our goal with this is to improve matchmaking at higher skill levels.

Why didn’t we restrict duo queue all-together? We didn’t want to remove this option for everyone, when the problem we are trying to solve exists within a tiny fraction of the player base.

We’ll be keeping a sharp eye on how this affects Season 9. This will be a fairly easy thing for us to adjust if we feel it necessary in the future.

Stop listening to solo queue heroes and let people pay as a team again.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:I remember when people actually asked to join teams in chat or LFG to PvP with. Cause now its just an empty map chat with nothing but crickets chirping cause everyone just plays alone anyways.

Screw friends right? I love playing alone. I've never seen a game in my life that literally bars you from playing with your friends. What the kitten kinda decision making is this? Who comes up with this kitten?

Why not just get rid of parties altogether? Screw squads too right? Why not make WvW solo only, raid in PvE alone?

Why is it only PvP that's being punished?

The issue is the population is too low to separate duo/solo queue, or team/solo queues. Too much MMR variability.

Also, why not make friends with people
while
solo queuing? It's not like you're playing with 4 bots (possible but very unlikely). Or why not voice chat while solo queuing with people? Is it really that big of a detriment to lose 1 person while queuing? Or, if you're solo queuing you can stream (which a lot of people do) and feel connected with people.

I don't understand this argument.

If anything, duo queuing feels awkward sometimes because it's just you and your friend/duo, and if the duo is new or someone you just started duoing with it'll take time to break the ice, if ever.

My problem is not that I have trouble making friends. Its that I can't play with them. Anet is forcing us to play alone? How is that any fun? The whole point of an online game is to be with other people.

If Anet made WvW duo parties only, and if u were in a t1 server, you couldn't be in a party at all, people would complain.If Anet made raids solo only, people would complain.But when Anet makes PvP duo/solo only, all of a sudden we're wrong for wanting to play with our friends...

I don't understand your argument behind Anet banning people from playing with their friends in a gamemode that is supposed to ENCOURAGE TEAMS.

@Kuya.6495 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:ah, rewarding skilled players by not allowing them to queue with their friends

good move. can't see that driving anyone away lol

Honestly? Most of the top NA players leaving would probably be an improvement. It would leave space for new top players to develop, hopefully players who will be good exemplars and actually seek to build a better and less toxic NA competitive community.

Ahh, that will really encourage people to do well. Once the new top players develop, do you want them to leave as well? How about rewarding people for doing terrible? Cause doing bad is the only way Anet would encourage them to stay with that mindset.

@Loken.7684 said:Stop listening to solo queue heroes and let people pay as a team again.

I would rather ANet listen to the solo queue heroes and implement solo queue for a season. Then when the solo queue heroes still bitch and moan and PvP is completely destroyed, there will be no reason to not have team queue (groups of 1-5) as the only ranked option from then forward.

Now if we could only have elite specs which required skill and thought...

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hi folks!

Starting with Season 9, legendary players will no longer be able to duo queue. Because we have so few legendary players, it’s very difficult to get legendary players into an appropriate match. When legendary players duo queue, it greatly compounds this difficulty. Our goal with this is to improve matchmaking at higher skill levels.

Why didn’t we restrict duo queue all-together? We didn’t want to remove this option for everyone, when the problem we are trying to solve exists within a tiny fraction of the player base.

We’ll be keeping a sharp eye on how this affects Season 9. This will be a fairly easy thing for us to adjust if we feel it necessary in the future.

Anet Rule number 1If it is bad...let's put some more....

The goal here is to prevent two players to manipulate match by duoing with a low rank account I assume.Would be so much more efficient just to take the highest rank as representative of the team level...By this we could even reintroduce 5 man queues (at the detriment of the 5 man queuing together)

While we are there.. let's put some more condies at same time... just 4 fun.

To all those complaining that top legendary players will leave if they can't queue with their friends:How many platinum players had to leave and got sick of pvp by being in the same match as a duo Legendary? (opposing side)Due to the low number of players at top tiers, the matchmaker has a hard time finding good matches for a duo of Legendary players, meaning it puts them against players of much lower skill. I guess they like stomping platinum players or something, yes that's so good "training".

It's a good change

@maddoctor.2738 said:To all those complaining that top legendary players will leave if they can't queue with their friends:How many platinum players had to leave and got sick of pvp by being in the same match as a duo Legendary? (opposing side)Due to the low number of players at top tiers, the matchmaker has a hard time finding good matches for a duo of Legendary players, meaning it puts them against players of much lower skill. I guess they like stomping platinum players or something, yes that's so good "training".

It's a good change

U said it yourself that the matchmaker is the problem here, not the Leg players. I see no reason why they should take the blame and get pushed in such a position. This is the definition of screwing a targeted playerbase (however small) to put a band-aid on the broken ranked PvP state. I'd rather have PvP die out than watch something as obnoxious as this get implemented.

"Hi! U reached legendary,congratulations, now go play alone.." It's a joke.

@JuanAtreyu.9043 said:slow clap

Great job ArenaNet, way to isolate the few remaining good players left in the game.

I'm sure this will greatly improve your matchmaking algorithm.

/sarcasm

OK, I'll bite... on the contrary, ArenaNet is not isolating the "few remaining good players"; they were already isolated since they duo-queued and couldn't get into matches - or when they did it would be with such shit MM they facerolled the match - neither of which were good alternatives. This way, legendary players solo queue and will get into matches more easily. Besides; don't believe this is the only tweak they will make for Season 9.

Definitely step in right direction. I would adjust it even further to platinum. I was never fan of the duo queue possibiity. It just creates unfair matches. As for me it should be either full team or solo queue only. But thumbs up for this change at least. Thanks for that !!!!

Should apply yo each division

We all know a legendary can carry an entire party, so they now will duo queue with plat, no difference.

In order to fix pvp Anet should remove duo queue, remove the match manipulation with switching character at starts, and try to make all party with the same class/spec

Archived