Season 9 Queue Changes

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@Thane.9421 said:
  1. This game is designed to be played socially.
  2. ATs are way too infrequent for the average person to play even one a day consistently.
  3. Scrims are great, for like the 20 people left in the game doing them.
  4. If I can't play with friends, I'll go play something designed to be single player that is much more engaging. And find a new game to play with my friends.
  5. "Hold your breath for months while we work on an unconfirmed project that may or may not happen and may or may not be an answer to these concerns" Haha okay yep sounds about right

This music video pretty much sums it up

I laughs soo hard.

For both WvW and sPvP game modes.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Altie.4571 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:Can asking for team and solo ranked queue be a bannable offense already? A few people keep asking for it and the response is and will always be the same: not enough players to populate both queues and keep queue times reasonable.

It's never gonna happen. Stop. Asking. For. It.

Or go play a different game already and save us all the repetition.

GuildWars2 is one of the most populated MMOs currently available on the market, even after 5 years of its lifetime. Saying that a seperate team and solo queue cannot exist because of this is such a poor and misinformed statement it's laughable.Snip rest of block....

Are you conveniently ignoring when Anet did have a separate team queue? And the consequent QQ from the teamQ people how their wait times were too long and the game mode was unsustainable?

Because they did, and it was proven that the population cannot support it.

Stop spewing random words like they are facts. /facepalm

You obviously didn't read my post at all. The population of the overall game is fine and definitely enough to handle team queues. It's just that no one wants to play SPvP because of other reasons like lack of rewards and horrible balancing. You fix those, people will start playing like crazy because the combat in this game is actually good.TeamQueues could happen and the playerbase is there, but why play a game mode that offers no reward and recieves minimal attention from the developers?

Here, I will help you incase you still cant read.. GAME POPULATION GOOD. SPVP SUPPORT AND HANDLING BAD.

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@Altie.4571 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:Can asking for team and solo ranked queue be a bannable offense already? A few people keep asking for it and the response is and will always be the same: not enough players to populate both queues and keep queue times reasonable.

GuildWars2 is one of the most populated MMOs currently available on the market, even after 5 years of its lifetime. Saying that a seperate team and solo queue cannot exist because of this is such a poor and misinformed statement it's laughable.Snip rest of block....

Are you conveniently ignoring when Anet did have a separate team queue? And the consequent QQ from the teamQ people how their wait times were too long and the game mode was unsustainable?

You obviously didn't read my post at all. The population of the overall game is fine and definitely enough to handle team queues. It's just that no one wants to play SPvP because of other reasons like lack of rewards and horrible balancing. You fix those, people will start playing like crazy because the combat in this game is actually good.TeamQueues could happen and the playerbase is there, but why play a game mode that offers no reward and recieves minimal attention from the developers?

Here, I will help you incase you still cant read.. GAME POPULATION GOOD. SPVP SUPPORT AND HANDLING BAD.

I completely agree with this person. Like why would I compete in a gamemode that receives barely any attention or balancing from the devs. More so when it's not even rewarding to play. There are just soo many other sPvP titles and game modes on the market, for me to waste effort here. More so when the devs aren't even going to try. Even more so when it's highly affected by PvE mechanics while fighting players.

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@Altie.4571 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

There is truth to this. Somewhere in between all the changes made to SPvP there is an ideal solution to the mode. I don't think we had leagues either when there was teamQ. Its a bit like how they removed Celestial amulet, and were too afraid to bring it back because of how strong it was, without acknowledging that there has been infinitely more counters to the celestial builds now since it was removed.

@Kuya.6495 said:They keep using the same tight lipped policy for all their game modes and it doesn't work for pvp and wvw. In those modes, the silence just fuels rampant speculation and massive cinicism on the part of the playerbase. Not to mention pvp game modes need regular balance updates and should not be treated the same way as pve.

I game forums were for rampant speculation and massive cynicism.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

I completely agree with this person. Like why would I compete in a gamemode that receives barely any attention or balancing from the devs. More so when it's not even rewarding to play. There are just soo many other sPvP titles and game modes on the market, for me to waste effort here. More so when the devs aren't even going to try. Even more so when it's highly affected by PvE mechanics while fighting players.

But you can earn legendary pve armour during seasons.

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@Altie.4571 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

"People don't play it because it's bad, and it's bad because people don't play it" I wonder where this cycle is going? Also idd.

@troops.8276 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@Altie.4571 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

"People don't play it because it's bad, and it's bad because people don't play it" I wonder where this cycle is going? Also idd.

I don't know what logic you speak of here. But the game is not bad because people don't play it. There used to be massive amounts of people playing it before season 4. People stopped playing it be because not only it was bad. But also ANet confirmed that sPvP is just a afterthought, during that ghost thief quick nerf after solo'ing a raid boss. Or have we forgot about that?

People like myself don't play GW2's PvP because of a few reasons now.

• The game mode follows the same damage, and health mechanics that are used to take down 100k plus health pool PvE mobs. (No changes made to compensate for PvP, even ZOS with ESO knew they couldn't just treat PvP the exact same as PvE)
  • This game mode get's so little dev attention to the point it's just not enjoyable, or fun. (It's just used as a PvE reward grind.)
  • ANet does not really police their PvP mode instead of punishing the violators. (ANet just lazily go ahead in punish everyone.)
  • The game mode does not receive the necessary balance to be fun and inviting. (Whole playstyles are pretty much deleted from the META.)
  • Worst Ranked mode MM I've experienced in a game in a long time. (Makes matches not at all engaging, fun, or worthwhile to play.)
  • Instead of dealing with the MM early on when the game had a decent population. The devs sat by and just watch PvPers by the droves leave GW2 for supported PvP titles.
  • ANet doesn't really view PvPers or WvWers anything other than sacrificial collateral damage, for their mindless PvE gameplay. (So of course after losing dev support. The loss of player support would follow afterward. Hence why so few plays it.)

The only reason in my eyes to play PvP in GW2 now, like this person above said. To suffer through the super bad unsupported game mode to gain nearly easy legendary armor. And even then suffering through GW2's PvP is only possible, with a 2nd monitor for when trolls on your team starts to troll.

Other than that when you compare GW2's PvP to titles like DoTA, LoL, Smite, HotS, CS:GO, and even ESO. GW2's PvP is just so bad, that even with the high profile PvE rewards. People still can't bring themselves to play it.

So GW2 PvP is not bad because players don't play it. It was beyond bad before players stopped playing it. I'd even say PvP in GW2 is borderline unplayable compared to PvP gaming standards. That's why players don't play PvP in this game. As long as the devs continue to treat their PvPers, and WvWers as 3rd class citizens. They will forever suffer from this. It's silly to expect actual competitive PvPers. To sit through this game's PvP and deal with it. More so when there are many many other titles, that are just immensely better for PvP play.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@troops.8276 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@Altie.4571 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

I don't know what logic you speak of here. But the game is not bad because people don't play it. There used to be massive amounts of people playing it before season 4. People stopped playing it be because not only it was bad. But also ANet confirmed that sPvP is just a afterthought, during that ghost thief quick nerf after solo'ing a raid boss. Or have we forgot about that?

• The game mode follows the same damage, and health mechanics that are used to take down 100k plus health pool PvE mobs.
    (No changes made to compensate for PvP, even ZOS with ESO knew they couldn't just treat PvP the exact same as PvE)
  • This game mode get's so little dev attention to the point it's just not enjoyable, or fun.
    (It's just used as a PvE reward grind.)
  • ANet does not really police their PvP mode instead of punishing the violators.
    (ANet just lazily go ahead in punish everyone.)
  • The game mode does not receive the necessary balance to be fun and inviting.
    (Whole playstyles are pretty much deleted from the META.)
  • Worst Ranked mode MM I've experienced in a game in a long time. (Makes matches not at all engaging, fun, or worthwhile to play.)
  • Instead of dealing with the MM early on when the game had a decent population. The devs sat by and just watch PvPers by the droves leave GW2 for supported PvP titles.
  • ANet doesn't really view PvPers or WvWers anything other than sacrificial collateral damage, for their mindless PvE gameplay. (So of course after losing dev support. The loss of player support would follow afterward. Hence why so few plays it.)

The only reason in my eyes to play PvP in GW2 now, like this person above said. To suffer through the super bad unsupported game mode to gain nearly easy legendary armor. And even then suffering through GW2's PvP is only possible, with a 2nd monitor for when trolls on your team starts to troll.

Other than that when you compare GW2's PvP to titles like DoTA, LoL, Smite, HotS, CS:GO, and even ESO. GW2's PvP is just so bad, that even with the high profile PvE rewards. People still can't bring themselves to play it.

So GW2 PvP is not bad because players don't play it. It was beyond bad before players stopped playing it. I'd even say PvP in GW2 is borderline unplayable compared to
PvP gaming standards
. That's why players don't play PvP in this game.
As long as the devs continue to treat their PvPers, and WvWers as 3rd class citizens. They will forever suffer from this.
It's silly to expect actual competitive PvPers. To sit through this game's PvP and deal with it. More so when there are many many other titles, that are just immensely better for PvP play.

I'll put it another way.If more people played it, it could potentially get more resources. If it got more resources there could be improvements making it better and more people would play it because it's better and then it'd get more resources and on and on. I was summarising Anets apparent reasoning in not supporting it as posited by many on the forums. Something like that. Cart before the horse. Correlation over causation. Viscous cycles. Because actually idd with you, what I said is a massively simplified version of part of what you have been saying. I just hope CU releases soon.

EDIT: I guess I'm still pretending there is hope. When I stop pretending, I also stop posting.

I am not really sure if I understand this right, but what makes you think that people would return to a game mode where people who were in the process of earning real money from tournaments dropped out because they could not stand it anymore, even if it sufficiently improves from your point of view? Why return to a game mode that was pretty garbage from the very beginning and houses guys like me, a soso silver player that is in for the PvE rewards mainly? This is not sarcasm, I am seriously curious about this.

Anet treated PvP as if it was the game of kings for a very, very long time. Ok, you can argue they blew it massively, but the support from the side of Anet was already there and nothing came out of it.

@troops.8276 said:

@troops.8276 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@Altie.4571 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

• The game mode follows the same damage, and health mechanics that are used to take down 100k plus health pool PvE mobs.
    (No changes made to compensate for PvP, even ZOS with ESO knew they couldn't just treat PvP the exact same as PvE)
  • This game mode get's so little dev attention to the point it's just not enjoyable, or fun.
  • ANet does not really police their PvP mode instead of punishing the violators.

So GW2 PvP is not bad because players don't play it. It was beyond bad before players stopped playing it. I'd even say PvP in GW2 is borderline unplayable compared to
PvP gaming standards
As long as the devs continue to treat their PvPers, and WvWers as 3rd class citizens. They will forever suffer from this.
It's silly to expect actual competitive PvPers. To sit through this game's PvP and deal with it. More so when there are many many other titles, that are just immensely better for PvP play.

I'll put it another way.If more people played it, it could potentially get more resources. If it got more resources there could be improvements making it better and more people would play it because it's better and then it'd get more resources and on and on. I was summarising Anets apparent reasoning in not supporting it as posited by many on the forums. Something like that. Cart before the horse. Correlation over causation. Viscous cycles. Because actually idd with you, what I said is a massively simplified version of part of what you have been saying. I just hope CU releases soon.

EDIT: I guess I'm still pretending there is hope. When I stop pretending, I also stop posting.

Honestly I finds using the forums, and interacting with the people here. To be more engaging than the actually game itself. Plus I can read and post on my 2nd monitor while playing other games, so no loss to me. The forums also gives me clear views and information outside of my own.

I not pretending there is hope. I will stop posting when everyone else, stop posting interesting threads for me to read and comment on.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@troops.8276 said:

@troops.8276 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@Altie.4571 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:

PvP gaming standards

Honestly I finds using the forums, and interacting with the people here. To be more engaging than the actually game itself. Plus I can read and post on my 2nd monitor while playing other games, so no loss to me. The forums also gives me clear views and information outside of my own.

I not pretending there is hope. I will stop posting when everyone else, stop posting interesting threads for me to read and comment on.

I never meant what I said as a dig against you. I'm sorry it came across that way. Reading my post again, I can see why it did. People are people, I don't believe my way is anything more than what works for me. I assume the same for you and anyone else. What ever floats your boat, it's not for me to judge. We may not actually be so different in some ways.

For clarity, I had never considered that pvp started badly as I didn't play back then. I had thought after playing GW1 though, it would have started well but somehow (failed esl?) got sidelined and over time a lack of investment/clear direction led to less participation and a slippery slope began.

I don't buy the argument that Anet is "making PVPers" play alone - tourneys and unranked both allow 2-5 to team up. I do understand that limiting it to a soloQ doesn't meet everyone's PVP desires...but that shouldn't stop Anet from doing what is right to improve the integrity of the system

Ranked isn't the only way to PVP; and for those that don't mind soloQ it provides a way to 'rank players' for those that thrive on competition. Competition presumes fairness of playing field and eventually the best players then rise to the top.

There seems to have been too many ways that duoQ provided ways around the level playing field, so I'm in support of the change. I want a ranked system to be a true meritocracy and I hope that this is a move in the right direction

Archived