Superior Rune of the Weaver

Sunshine.5014

@choovanski.5462 said:wonder how big the barrier will be :#

could become the new meta runs for most classesYup. It's funny how they planned it for Weaver (from the name), but it's just okay for Weaver, while can be really strong with other classes. This rune can really push the condi Meta forward due to almost 15% raw damage increase, and then survivability on top.

@OriOri.8724 said:@Exciton.8942 Fully traited, mesmer has a 6sec CD leap finisher on Staff, and a 7.25 leap finisher on sword. Combine that with the chrono line for alacrity and a lot of ethereal fields from the wells (and chaos storm), and you could proc this effect fairly often.

I guess it can be useful for bunker chrono? But it depends a lot on how much barrier it applies.

Chaos storm is a very strong field that you want to remain inside to get its full benefit. Using leap may very well get you outside of it which can be counter productive.Similar thing with well of eternity, you kinda want to stay inside for the cleanse and the final heal.

But for bunker chrono, other stats from this set doesn't look very useful at all. I don't know if it can be better than something like rune of water. But ultimately it is definitely the amount of barrier that matters. If it is just a couple of hundred barrier, I will pass.

@Exciton.8942 said:It will probably require you to leap through a combo field.

So it may not be as good as you think.

Mesmer/Thief has plenty of fields. In fact, many of their c> @Exciton.8942 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:@Exciton.8942 Fully traited, mesmer has a 6sec CD leap finisher on Staff, and a 7.25 leap finisher on sword. Combine that with the chrono line for alacrity and a lot of ethereal fields from the wells (and chaos storm), and you could proc this effect fairly often.

I guess it can be useful for bunker chrono? But it depends a lot on how much barrier it applies.

Chaos storm is a very strong field that you want to remain inside to get its full benefit. Using leap may very well get you outside of it which can be counter productive.Similar thing with well of eternity, you kinda want to stay inside for the cleanse and the final heal.

But for bunker chrono, other stats from this set doesn't look very useful at all. I don't know if it can be better than something like rune of water. But ultimately it is definitely the amount of barrier that matters. If it is just a couple of hundred barrier, I will pass.

It's short sight to think of only self combos. In a team fight, there will always be fields. A Mesmer will be able to trigger this every 4s (two leaps, each 6s and 7s cd). This will add up a lot.

@Sunshine.5014 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:It will probably require you to leap through a combo field.

So it may not be as good as you think.

Mesmer/Thief has plenty of fields. In fact, many of their c> @Exciton.8942 said:

It's short sight to think of only self combos. In a team fight, there will always be fields. A Mesmer will be able to trigger this every 4s (two leaps, each 6s and 7s cd). This will add up a lot.

Well, if the playstyle is just leap around the combo field to spam barrier....I hope the barrier is not good. Doesn't sound like a fun playstyle to me.

A couple questions

• Does the barrier on the rune have an ICD?
  • Does the barrier effect have an end timer; will it only last for a couple seconds?

From just the text it looks as if a barrier will be applied everytime you leap, which could be a thing if every class only have 1 or 2 leap skills. Except Mes & Thieves have spammable leap skills so.. surely it has an ICD and a 3sec end timer because no rune except Guardian Runes has a spammable effect.

@Saiyan.1704 said:A couple questions

• Does the barrier on the rune have an ICD?This is not noted, so we don't know for sure. If they intended this rune to be used for Weaver, then it probably didn't have internal cooldown built in, since Weaver has like 2 leaps with long cooldown.

@Saiyan.1704 said:

• Does the barrier effect have an end timer; will it only last for a couple seconds?It's a barrier, so it definitely starts decaying after a few seconds like normal barrier skills. However, barrier can be "refreshed" if another barrier is casted within that period. That will extend the barrier time. For Thief/Mesmer, I don't see them having any problem refreshing the timer.

Archived