Returning player

Hey everyone,

Been away for 2 years. Week 1 player, who quit 1 week in, came back with couple year breaks in between multiple times. Last played sometime Dec 2019. Before I left, I was active in discussing rewards and there were quite a few positive changes that I liked. I'll be sifting through the forum and find my way eventually but curious on a quick synopsis of rewards in the game. I felt unique/rewards that you're excited to get were really lacking in game. Bland would be the word I would use. Rewards were either too rare(infusions,invisible slippers) or too common(exotics, or ascended gear that you can already craft). I like a little bit of RNG for rewards, not for everything, but a healthy mix, where not everyone can get it easily. I know that's not popular sentiment here.

Example is Visage of the Khan-Ur, it was a very rare drop, but quite a few players complained. Perhaps the drop rate was a bit low, but I thought it was a good inclusion to add rare items in the game that are wanted, which can be worth a good amount of gold if you get lucky. Players who really want it but are not as lucky, can buy it off the tp. This helps new players and veterans players can still get what they want if they can afford it. The price was a bit ridiculous at first, but hopefully it has dropped to reasonable levels.

1. I really liked the bonus rotation and extra rewards they were rotating for different Metas. Is this still a thing and have they improved it? The rewards were still somewhat lackluster, but was better than nothing. I buy stuff from gemstore to help support the game, but I was more on the side that I prefer to earn more cool stuff in game. Although I understand their business model is based off the gemstore, I thought they could've balanced it a bit more and have the best of both worlds by having cool unique/rare stuff earned in game and have stuff in gemstore that can enhance them even more, best of both worlds.

2. Are rewards still mostly just yellows ?

@"Mushuchalaka.9437" said:I felt unique/rewards that you're excited to get were really lacking in game. Bland would be the word I would use. Rewards were either too rare(infusions,invisible slippers) or too common(exotics, or ascended gear that you can already craft).

If you are expecting unique items to be common then you are going to be forever disappointed.

Any unique thing they put into content you actually enjoy playing and have a decent drop rate will quickly turn to disappointment because you already have it. If it is in content you don't enjoy it might take longer since you don't play it as much but that easily turns into "forced to play content you don't enjoy".

I like a little bit of RNG for rewards, not for everything, but a healthy mix, where not everyone can get it easily. I know that's not popular sentiment here.

What exactly do you mean by that?If it is not easily obtained by everyone then it is also not easily obtained by you. There are potential exceptions to that but it would be getting into specific details of hypothetical content.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:I do not think a lot has changed to the rewards. Getting anything but a rare quality item is very rare and uncommon. Visage of the Khan-Ur has not changed a lot in price and looking at the newest releases, the reward system has not changed a lot.

What would it take for you to consider a lot? A year ago it was around 7000g. Right now it is 1850g. That is 5150g less or 74% price drop.

I was away for years then came came back to see what's changed. This is the longest I have returned for and until today still find the game hot, so it must be good.There are a couple of things I'm not a fan of but over all, good job.Rewards are not very exciting. What ever you do it seems to drop the same old stuff with the occasional thing that I don't recognise. It's something, but I don't know what it is or what it does. Do I bin it or save it? The description doesn't help and suggests it could be something, on the other hand it could be junk. So I have a bank full of obscure junk. That moles head on a stick might be a component needed for a God sword, or that dented biscuit tin might be part of a God helmet.

Most of the things I would consider interesting rewards in this game don't come from drops and often can't be sold on the TP. They're skins and other cosmetics which come from achievements, are bought from merchants with currencies specific to that area of the game, crafted items with unique skins etc. It's not about feeling lucky because you got something that would sell for a lot of gold, but feeling happy that you earned something you like and will use. Of course different people have different tastes and you're not going to like all the skins, but if there's enough that you like it can keep you busy for quite a while and IMO some of the achievements and collections can be interesting in their own right. I've ended up unlocking some skins I might never use, just because I started the process by accident and wanted to finish it.

@Joote.4081 said:Do I bin it or save it? The description doesn't help and suggests it could be something, on the other hand it could be junk. So I have a bank full of obscure junk. That moles head on a stick might be a component needed for a God sword, or that dented biscuit tin might be part of a God helmet.

That's why the /wiki chat command exists.You can, at any time, type /wiki + [shift click on an item] to open up its wiki page. There it will show if it's needed for something or not.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Joote.4081 said:Do I bin it or save it? The description doesn't help and suggests it could be something, on the other hand it could be junk. So I have a bank full of obscure junk. That moles head on a stick might be a component needed for a God sword, or that dented biscuit tin might be part of a God helmet.

That's why the /wiki chat command exists.You can, at any time, type /wiki + [shift click on an item] to open up its wiki page. There it will show if it's needed for something or not.

In game handy tip. Thanks.