Why pvp wvw players dont have right to access cool skins?

I'm mainly wvw player and love the funerary armor. Theres no way to get it out of the pve and I'm hating it.I'm hating the grind, waiting hours to appear a group of people who wants to achieve the collections, stressed to not miss the oportinity during the respawn windows, being limited by not having the skyscale to reach some djins that teleport from cliff to cliff. The dificulty is overwelming now in 2021 that Pof is quite old and theres no people to help in the map.Ive lost my hope to get it, just quit!It should be a way to obtain it by reward tracks. Why pvp players are being forced to do what they hate?

I think funerary weapon items have lower attainment among the playerbase than most other items , the armor is ~7-10%. It isn't ridiculously difficult, I suggest going when it is a daily for PVE (especially if it's a weekend) as more people will be on the map. If you have a bunch of guildmates that need it or are willing to help it isn't long.

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.key=skins&filter.search=funerary

The only thing that would likely be added to a reward track is elegy mosaics. Given a tyrian exchange voucher only provides 30 of them I would not hold out any hope regarding this.

I'm mainly an open world player, who enjoys dabbling in pvp/wvw for dailies and also for certain reward tracks. It's especially handy for, as you said, some content where players may not be available, frantic to be there, or by limited time. I would love to see more reward tracks!

I know, I know, it's not expensive or an impossible task for funerary for example, but when you're working on dailies, icebrood, holidays, etc, any reward track helps.

Don't you just need some legendary bounties for that one? If so, join a bounty train and you'll get it done in one sitting. None of them require a skyscale so...That said, i get your point, would be nice to have more reward tracks and better WvW rewards in general, but i don't think Anet wants to push people in just one game mode only, they want to spread people around all of them. Hence why they do this.

On the bright side, you only have to do it once, and since you're a WvW player, you're never short on transmutation charges lol, so you can apply it to whatever after that.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Don't you just need some legendary bounties for that one? If so, join a bounty train and you'll get it done in one sitting. None of them require a skyscale so...That said, i get your point, would be nice to have more reward tracks and better WvW rewards in general, but i don't think Anet wants to push people in just one game mode only, they want to spread people around all of them. Hence why they do this.

On the bright side, you only have to do it once, and since you're a WvW player, you're never short on transmutation charges lol, so you can apply it to whatever after that.

Its curious because in HoT there are various rounds of reward tracks until you reach the hearth of maguuma and you can choose leystone or bladed armor, which is the equivalent of funerary armor in Pof. I dont understand why devs didnt put a reward track for this.

Thanks for your advice, but some bounty trains tend to skip the collection bosses.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Don't you just need some legendary bounties for that one? If so, join a bounty train and you'll get it done in one sitting. None of them require a skyscale so...That said, i get your point, would be nice to have more reward tracks and better WvW rewards in general, but i don't think Anet wants to push people in just one game mode only, they want to spread people around all of them. Hence why they do this.

Its curious because in HoT there are various rounds of reward tracks until you reach the hearth of maguuma and you can choose leystone or bladed armor, which is the equivalent of funerary armor in Pof. I dont understand why devs didnt put a reward track for this.

Thanks for your advice, but some bounty trains tend to skip the collection bosses.

Yeah it's weird they didn't include armors in PoF tracks. LW4 tracks though, they have some options, but not for a full set. I tend to skip those though, it's better to just get currency.

Anyway...To get access to the armor, you need to complete this achievement and unlock the Primeval Steward:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumph_of_Conquests

Which entirely consists of legendary bounties. So no bounty train will skip the bounties you need.After that, you'll need elegy mosaics which again, you get only from legendary bounties.You also get them at the end of some meta events but as far as bounties are concerned, only legendary ones get you mosaics.

So, a few bounty trains and you should have a set.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Don't you just need some legendary bounties for that one? If so, join a bounty train and you'll get it done in one sitting. None of them require a skyscale so...That said, i get your point, would be nice to have more reward tracks and better WvW rewards in general, but i don't think Anet wants to push people in just one game mode only, they want to spread people around all of them. Hence why they do this.

Yeah it's weird they didn't include armors in PoF tracks. LW4 tracks though, they have some options, but not for a full set. I tend to skip those though, it's better to just get currency.

Anyway...To get access to the armor, you need to complete this achievement and unlock the Primeval Steward:

Which entirely consists of legendary bounties. So no bounty train will skip the bounties you need.After that, you'll need elegy mosaics which again, you get only from legendary bounties.You also get them at the end of some meta events but as far as bounties are concerned, only legendary ones get you mosaics.

I leave it as impossible, i joined bounty trains and they keep ignoring the ones I need

@frareanselm.1925 said:It should be a way to obtain it by reward tracks. Why pvp players are being forced to do what they hate?

It's pretty much the same for every gamemode. Triumphant, Glorious and Warlord's armor are only available in PvP / WvW aswell, so a pve player would be forced to play the pvp gamemodes.

I'd still welcome a change to make every skin available in every gamemode, though.

@frareanselm.1925 said:I leave it as impossible, i joined bounty trains and they keep ignoring the ones I need

try to find one that hasnt started yet and just gathering people. bounty trains in pof usually do all bounties for a certain zone or all bounties for all pof zones. if you arrive just before they start, you'll eventually get bounties you need.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

Anyway...To get access to the armor, you need to complete this achievement and unlock the Primeval Steward:

I leave it as impossible, i joined bounty trains and they keep ignoring the ones I need

Do you have a commander tag? Or even mentor tag will do in a pinch...Tag up, put in LFG "bounties for Funerary armor achievement" and announce in map chat, someone will definietly join. You don't need a lot of players to take down a legendary bounty, like, 5 should do ok if they're DPS.

Did you ask whoever was commanding to do your bounty? They usually do that, they just don't know who needs what and doing all of them is time consuming (though i've seen bounty trains per map that do just that for achievements as well).

So, either tag up, or join achievement bounty trains. Each PoF map has an achievement for doing all bounties and you're inevitabely going to get yours from that.

But in the end, it is what it is, and you're going to have to spend some time in PvE in order to get the armor. Probably even more than initially because you need to get Elegy mosaics as part of the purchase cost.

You don't need to do it in one sitting though, space it out, make it a project for when you're not in WvW. You might have fun even, or discover something else you might like.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

Have you tried, like, asking them to help you with the one(s) you needed ? Pretty sure there are plenty squads willing to lend a hand and do certain bounties again.I constantly keep going back to some older achievements/collections and I have yet to find a single one impossible to complete, despite all the forum tales about the dead maps and forgotten content. Damn, I remember doing the core achievements on the core maps couple months ago, and I had absolutely 0 problem gathering people for some older group events I needed.

Sometimes, you know, you might need to take some initiative yourself instead of looking for someone to hold your hand all the way through.

This is simply not true. The mistforged obsidian weapons are amazing. The checkerboard aesthetic is unique and no other weapons are equal to it.

Just look at it!!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Obsidian_Greatsword

You should also check out the Mistforged Glorious Hero armor or Sublime Mistforged Breastplate armor. They have shiny tendrils that come out from your back that are fully dyeable.

@Kondor.2904 said:

Have you tried, like, asking them to help you with the one(s) you needed ? Pretty sure there are plenty squads willing to lend a hand and do certain bounties again.I constantly keep going back to some older achievements/collections and I have yet to find a single one impossible to complete, despite all the forum tales about the dead maps and forgotten content. kitten, I remember doing the core achievements on the core maps couple months ago, and I had absolutely 0 problem gathering people for some older group events I needed.

Sometimes, you know, you might need to take some initiative yourself instead of looking for someone to hold your hand all the way through.

Of course I tried, been 2 days asking for help day and night and people is not interested in killing the Adal Djin and the 4 elders...I'm so desperate that I genuinely offered 2 gold in map chat to all of those who helped me and no one helped me. i'm done with this community and since all my guildmates left the game I always pug but this is making lose my faith.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Don't you just need some legendary bounties for that one?That's for weapon collection. For armor you need some specific achievements to unlock it first. Some of those are a bit harder to do nowadays, when population on PoF maps is much lower than when the expansion was fresh.Specifically, of all the requirements, the ones that might be a problem are Recitation of the Litany of Deeds (for shoulders), and, especially, Glorify the Golden Heart (for chestpiece). It seems that it's that last one that OP has a problem with.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Don't you just need some legendary bounties for that one?That's for weapon collection. For armor you need some specific achievements to unlock it first. Some of those are a bit harder to do nowadays, when population on PoF maps is much lower than when the expansion was fresh.Specifically, of all the requirements, the ones that might be a problem are Recitation of the Litany of Deeds (for shoulders), and, especially, Glorify the Golden Heart (for chestpiece). It seems that it's that last one that OP has a problem with.

Oh that's right, there's funerary armor boxes to get first! Totally forgot! (which is weird cause i actually have some of them in my inventory lol)

But idk, from my experience, the maps are not that dead that you can't finish any particular part of the collection.I'm reminded of that one time i had to do the "protect the graves" event for a piece. This was in the middle of a meta where usually people don't "stray" from their squad. Just popped a mentor tag, people joined and we did it. Not perfectly, there was like, 1 grave site remaining barely lol, but it wasn't impossible.

Now i don't know about the other requirements for achievements, but i'd hardly call any of them impossible.

Sure, there were some events that i had to do, (example) for the griffon collection, that actually failed and i had to do them a few times, but usually if you announce in map chat and LFG your intentions, there's a chance that you'll get someone to join you that still needs the same thing as you, or someone bored that's just looking for something to do.

It just (in my experience at least) takes a few days of trying if the event is particularly "dead". But in the end, it's totally possible to complete it, just maybe not first try.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Don't you just need some legendary bounties for that one?That's for weapon collection. For armor you need some specific achievements to unlock it first. Some of those are a bit harder to do nowadays, when population on PoF maps is much lower than when the expansion was fresh.Specifically, of all the requirements, the ones that might be a problem are Recitation of the Litany of Deeds (for shoulders), and, especially, Glorify the Golden Heart (for chestpiece). It seems that it's that last one that OP has a problem with.

It requires killing at least one legendary bounty.

Take charge of it yourself.

Put on a mentor tag and announce the bounty you're doing in map chat

Take it from the board. Head to the location, announce it again, and wait.

People will come.

I've done this myself many times when I needed something specific done. It never failed.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

The bounties are the least of the problematic elements in all this

@Astralporing.1957 said:

The bounties are the least of the problematic elements in all this

Possibly such as Serpent's Ire and that Djinn one need for the chest piece. The rest are easily doable and especially right after reset when players are doing them for their daily amalgamated gemstones.

Still though, I was just making the correction that killing a legendary bounty isn't required just for the weapon collection.

@"robertthebard.8150" said:So reading through the thread, it would seem that PvP/WvW players have exactly the same "right" to this gear as everyone else?

Pretty much. The gear in question comes from the achievements and there's not really 2 ways around that... Same as if someone wants the chess skins from WvW (not sure why anyone would want though lol), they have to do WvW. I doubt Anet will change anything any time soon if ever so the best thing is to bit the bullet and just do the content. People helped with advice as much as they could, the rest is on the individual whether they want to or not.