The Future of Ascalon

@"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:The Ebonhawke DRM did nothing to close any story. All of these stories were logically ended in the 8 years of GW2's existence previously, and we knew they were over before the DRM even came out. The DRM just references that, yes, all of those years of destroying these factions actually caused them to be destroyed, something we already knew beforehand. At best it was the epilogue to these already ended stories.

Seriously, you're going to nitpick that argument?

"You're wrong! The DRM didn't close those threads! They were already closed!"

Do you need to argue against everything I say for the sheer sake of arguing with me or something?

I mean, I wasn't even saying the DRM ended every thread, but that the Ebonhawke DRM (and Fireheart DRM for the Flame Legion) closed the last story threads of Ascalon, besides the Foefire ghosts and the Heir of Ascalon. Which are so minor in the grand scheme that it's unlikely it'll be brought up. And you seem to praise your own intelligence enough that you should have understand I didn't mean it closed every Ascalon-related plot, but the last of them.

It would honestly strain credibility beyond the breaking point to try to force these narratives to keep going after all we have done in GW2's timespan.Except they factually did keep some of those narratives - Renegades, Foefire Ghosts, and Flame Legion - going post-PS.

IBS was closing the last of them that remained, such as with Bangar and the Dominion. Only the Foefire ghost issue remains, and instead of including it into IBS in some form they ignore it entirely. Which is why I was saying that we're unlikely to return.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Ascalon City and its immediate hinterlands - the surrounding farm/grazing land should be returned to the Ascalonian human - So that the descendants of those that followed Gwen and Kieran Thackeray to Ebonhawke can finally gain rightful Justice. I would suggest Logan be King and Ellen Kiel be his wife and Royal Consort. Edonhawke should remain a fall-back option and be the main secondary city for the Ascalonian-humans.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Do you need to argue against everything I say for the sheer sake of arguing with me or something?I honestly don't really look at who made the post before I respond to it. I just respond to the content of the post if I see something thats just demonstrably wrong.

you seem to praise your own intelligence enough that you should have understand I didn't mean it closed every Ascalon-related plot, but the last of them.This is you trying to mock me for something I never stated or implied.

Except they factually did keep some of those narratives - Renegades, Foefire Ghosts, and Flame Legion - going post-PS.I never said they closed them post PS, in fact, I explicitly mentioned them going on into even early-mid IBS. Did you even read the post before you responded to it?

@Fueki.4753 said:Why should the Charr give part of Ascalon to the humans, when it was Charr territory to begin with?The humans stole the lands from the Charr, not the other way aroundThe Charr just recovered what is rightfully theirs.

The Humans took it cause the chart couldn't stop fighting the humans who would be Ascalonian came and took it as the chart acted more like animals plus I prefer Ascalonian humans owning the lands of Ascalonian the charr even admit the want to fight the humans of Ascalonian and Kytra so if the Chart keep this up their numbers will dwindle and eventually the won't hold Ascalon I was really bummed out that the Chart were able to take it In was really hoping Ascalon would had Mae a come back with the chart stuck in the north side if the wall and the humans owning the vast southern lands and parts of their North lands and cities. Sides the charr took a hit from that civil war and while it may not have depleted them yet there well on their way and suffering the same decline the humans partly suffered.

@TeeracK.3601 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Why should the Charr give part of Ascalon to the humans, when it was Charr territory to begin with?The humans stole the lands from the Charr, not the other way aroundThe Charr just recovered what is rightfully theirs.

Every war in history ends in either genocide, occupation, or compromise. The two races dont want to war anymore and the first two would only lead to more warring. As things are right now the charr can never enjoy or fully use the land till humanity helps them out, so it's a good opportunity for them to make a compromise.

Also keep in mind those were charr lands over a1000 years ago. Humanity lived there for generations so their connection to the land is still extremely significant. The humans who were born in ascalon arent at fault for the actions of their anchient ancestors. It was the only home they ever knew.

Ascalon was actually originally grawl land but the charr pushed them out even further back.

Added the humans came because they wanted to be free from Orr and Kyrta and build their own kingdom and relay not on ther magic but on their own strength hence Ascalon being more physical where Or and Kyrta were about magic. Yet Ascalon to help build the great wall. Eventually Ascalon became independent and free and able to follow its own path holding onto its human land in the Shiver peaks with their dwarf allies whom the had a good relationship with. Where Kyrta and Off did not have a good relation with the Centaurs.