Guards Need...

Exile.8160

@Math.5123 said:

Guards Need...
to be nerfed more

Yeah, they are really overperforming down in silver. Where I assume you play.

bronze is where its at boi .i just want it to be handled like they handled mes, nerf it down to 1 dodge meme status for all i care.i cant help but feel warm inside from all the guards crying that they got hit . HARD . feelsgreatman <3

also dont pretend guard isnt in a good spot even after the nerf. can still hit like a truck (if u build for it, yea i know, radical idea)8k true shots i got hit by yday shows just that.. u being god tier guardian should have no problems comming up with a build ^^

@Hederrain.9207 said:

Guards Need...
to be nerfed more

Yeah, they are really overperforming down in silver. Where I assume you play.

bronze is where its at boi .i just want it to be handled like they handled mes, nerf it down to 1 dodge meme status for all i care.i cant help but feel warm inside from all the guards crying that they got hit . HARD . feelsgreatman <3

also dont pretend guard isnt in a good spot even after the nerf. can still hit like a truck (if u build for it, yea i know, radical idea)8k true shots i got hit by yday shows just that.. u being god tier guardian should have no problems comming up with a build ^^

I don't have an issue sitting in p3, regardless of the state of guardian. And yes, hitting for 8k with trueshot really isn't difficult if you build for it.

The fact that you brought up 1 dodge shows your lack of understanding. Guard has no evade frames (one of two classes without one) and no vigor outside of the support line and a single utility skill. It also has no durational blocks outside of shelter.

And no, power guard isn't in a good spot. It gets deleted by just about every other roamer.I'm not talking about other guard builds outside of power here.

I think this is what's going on.

Spellbreaker has sat like this for ages:

• DPS output - A
  • Mobility - B
  • Sustain - A+
  • CC output - S+
  • Team Fight Presence - B
  • Support Presence - D or worse, B+ if running Support and in that case all the above parameters go DOWN
  • Roamer +er Presence - B+
  • Side Node Duelist Presence - S

Say a Core Ranger or Druid has sat like this for ages:

• DPS output - B
  • Mobility - B
  • Sustain - A+
  • CC output - C for hard CCs, S+ if you're talking Druid spamming immob
  • Team Fight Presence - B maybe C
  • Support Presence - D maybe C if Druid
  • Roamer +er Presence - B
  • Side Node Duelist Presence - A+

Guardian/Firebrand/DH has up until recently sat like this for ages:

• DPS output - A+ or S+ if DH
  • Mobility - B or S+ if DH using Trap Rune
  • Sustain - S or B- if DH
  • CC output - B or S if using DH
  • Team Fight Presence - S across the board
  • Support Presence - B at worst for Core and DH, S+ for Firebrand
  • Roamer +er Presence - S+ for Core Burst and DH, B at worst for Firebrand
  • Side Node Duelist Presence - S for Core and Firebrand, A for DH
  • There are a lot of S grades here that Guard players have been used to for a long time now

But now Guardian/Firebrand/DH is feeling like this:

• DPS output - B or A+ if DH
  • Sustain - A or B- if DH
  • Team Fight Presence - A or B+ at worst across the board
  • Support Presence - B at worst for Core and DH, still A+ for Firebrand at the worst
  • Roamer +er Presence - A for Core Burst and DH, C for Firebrand
  • Side Node Duelist Presence - A for Core and Firebrand, B for DH
  • ^ this is what balanced classes are supposed to feel like

Guard mains who only play Guard are used to being dominant in team fights, support roles, and even side node holding. That's 3x job roles man, 3 of them that they've been top of the food chain for a very long time. Now Guardians have to choose to run builds that are only good at one job role. <- This is normal. Get used to it ^^

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I think this is what's going on.

Spellbreaker has sat like this for ages:

• DPS output - A
  • Mobility - B
  • Sustain - A+
  • CC output - S+
  • Team Fight Presence - B
  • Support Presence - D or worse, B+ if running Support and in that case all the above parameters go DOWN
  • Roamer +er Presence - B+
  • Side Node Duelist Presence - S

Say a Core Ranger or Druid has sat like this for ages:

• DPS output - B
  • Mobility - B
  • Sustain - A+
  • CC output - C for hard CCs, S+ if you're talking Druid spamming immob
  • Team Fight Presence - B maybe C
  • Support Presence - D maybe C if Druid
  • Roamer +er Presence - B
  • Side Node Duelist Presence - A+

Guardian/Firebrand/DH has up until recently sat like this for ages:

• DPS output - A+ or S+ if DH
  • Sustain - S or B- if DH
  • Team Fight Presence - S across the board
  • Support Presence - B at worst for Core and DH, S+ for Firebrand
  • Roamer +er Presence - S+ for Core Burst and DH, B at worst for Firebrand
  • Side Node Duelist Presence - S for Core and Firebrand, A for DH
  • There are a lot of S grades here that Guard players have been used to for a long time now

But now Guardian/Firebrand/DH is feeling like this:

• DPS output - B or A+ if DH
  • Sustain - A or B- if DH
  • Team Fight Presence - A or B+ at worst across the board
  • Support Presence - B at worst for Core and DH, still A+ for Firebrand at the worst
  • Roamer +er Presence - A for Core Burst and DH, C for Firebrand
  • Side Node Duelist Presence - A for Core and Firebrand, B for DH
  • ^ this is what balanced classes are supposed to feel like

Guard mains who only play Guard are used to being dominant in team fights, support roles, and even side node holding. That's 3x job roles man, 3 of them that they've been top of the food chain for a very long time. Now Guardians have to choose to run builds that are only good at one job role. <- This is normal. Get used to it ^^

Oh yes the good old days of running my medi hammer build and supporting my teams to full health at the same time ? they didnt do everything with one build. They did hiw ever have a diffrent build for diffrent ocations.

Firebrand definately got shafted in a lot of ways that didnt' make sense.

1 second condi duratios on mantra of truth1 second of quickness on mantra of potence~100 healing on mantra of resolve1 condi cleanse on mantra of lore (this heals for more than their heal skill does now. like what?)

Firebrand definately needed a tone-down there's no doubt about that. This class is arguably the single most loaded class in the game. Problem is, Anet decided to just neuter various aspects of their kit into nothingness and call it a day. So you have parts that are broken and other parts that have been smiter's booned into uselessness, and naturally, buffing it is out of the question because everyone knows what Firebrand is like at its peak.

This class needed changes, but in true Anet fashion they went about it in all the wrong ways.

@Kuma.1503 said:Firebrand definately got shafted in a lot of ways that didnt' make sense.

1 second condi duratios on mantra of truth1 second of quickness on mantra of potence~100 healing on mantra of resolve1 condi cleanse on mantra of lore (this heals for more than their heal skill does now. like what?)

Firebrand definately needed a tone-down there's no doubt about that. This class is arguably the single most loaded class in the game. Problem is, Anet decided to just neuter various aspects of their kit into nothingness and call it a day. So you have parts that are broken and other parts that have been smiter's booned into uselessness, and naturally, buffing it is out of the question because everyone knows what Firebrand is like at its peak.

This class needed changes, but in true Anet fashion they went about it in all the wrong ways.Firebrand got Berserkered with intention to fix it later but then they forgot like berserker so yeah. But then again everything is getting toned down now and it might some build to see the light of day even though it might not be the best build compared to other classes or even other guardian builds.Too many mights, Ifs and buts , but beggars can't be choosers and getting it to be playable even tough you will have try harder and maybe have easier time rerolling to something busted, it is a kind of a win for me ,while the other option is being totally non existent for several years.