There is already a big problem with your patch- here’s what you should’ve done

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:If you want that badly to talk about GW1, truth is that it was excruatingly hard to kill the other team due to the healers (most specifically, the monks). It's to the point that some matchs were unending and GW2 devs thought it would be better to not have a profession dedicated to healing in GW2 when they designed it. Even now, GW2's healer are, at best, poor at their job compared to what monks could do in GW1. You talk about spiking in GW1 but, let's be honest, nowaday you seldom see a team that focus a coordinated spike on a foe in sPvP in GW2 (communication between players is bad at best, toxic at worse. You can't expect anything like a GW1's spike in this game).

Yes but now you're talking about actual sustain. No one in this thread was talking about general sustain, they were talking about revives. In GW1 after a res sig was used, it was done. You get 1x chance to use it, then it's done. You had to gain morale boosts to recharge signet of res, which didn't happen often at all. And every class could select it, not just half of them.

And I'll repeat again, in GW1 there is many more skills than the rez signet that can rez. Skills with as low as 5 seconds CD. Why do you obsess with rez signet? There were 3 professions out of 10 providing you with a way to rally allies with shorter CD on average than what you find in GW2.

The list is right there:

Why are you comparing gw1 to gw2, when gw1 is actually more similar to WoW with its playstyle, casting bars and things, lol? CDs are main thing in gw2, but in gw1 its only half of the story, the other half is casting time. Ress skills are 3-6s long, interrupting 1s might be difficult, but try on GvG or HA casting something longer than 2s. You think those mesmers or rangers are there for fun, lol? Hell no.Another thing is who was usually taking those abilities. Ress signet could be taken by anyone, so no need for second class, also 100% hp rez so another advantage. But imagine healing class, such as monk or ritu spending their time on casting rez. You know what happens in 8-ppl party when one healer is out for a second and someone is heavily focused with deep wound and things? Its like domino, try to save one, you trade it for another one.

@Widmo.3186 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:And I'll repeat again, in GW1 there is many more skills than the rez signet that can rez. Skills with as low as 5 seconds CD. Why do you obsess with rez signet? There were 3 professions out of 10 providing you with a way to rally allies with shorter CD on average than what you find in GW2.

The list is right there:

Why are you comparing gw1 to gw2?

Because I'm answering to people that are comparing GW1 and GW2.

I'm in front of players that try to make it like GW only had rez signet with it's pro and cons. It's not the case. Flesh of my flesh is basically GW2 necromancer's signet on a 10s CD. Vengeance is basically mesmer's illusion of life on a 30s CD. Warrior's banner is the equivalent of _"we shall return!"... etc.

GW2 is a game with a pace that is a lot faster than GW1's which make shorter cast time on revival skills logical. Let's be clear, the players that rez in GW2 do the same investment than the players that rez in GW1.