Removing account bound from crafting mats - do you support it?

First level materials should never be account bound. Ever.

Finished crafting products should never be account bound. Ever.

If they want to make the intermediary materials (sword blades, etc) account bound and/or add time gates to cause there to be artificial value, that's a different story.

Making crafting materials and finished products account bound is a direct violation of the "play how you want" concept. If I want to obtain all of the skins/items that can be crafted, I should never have to do any of the crafting myself but instead be able to buy any kind of finished product using the gold I get playing how I want. Likewise, if I love to craft, I should be able to sell my finished products and use that gold to pay to skip the types of gameplay I don't care for.

@Tukaram.8256 said:

@Tukaram.8256 said:I am not interested in crafting and would love to sell off a bunch of the junk in my bank! When a useless item gets one full stack - I just delete any more of it that I find. Account bound materials are just piles of junk. B)Making them not bound would just turn them into an even
more
of a junk. You wouldn't be able to sell them anyway, because everyone has stacks of those, and thus they would also be selling, and not buying.

Selling them for a copper is better than throwing the junk away. I enjoy collecting materials and have zero interest in crafting. I should be able to sell to crafters.

That's the point i am making - in most cases you can think of, they
also
have more than enough of those mats. They don't want to buy more of it. They also want to sell.

It's far better to ask for a vendor price on some of those mats instead.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:I don't really have any interest in selling but I wouldn't mind being able to move some items. Mainly charged quartz. Not in need of them on either account but one has more storage space for them. I should probably just stop making these ...

For example why not make and sell some of these?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extra-Pungent_Skyscale_Treat

I support getting rid of trophy's. They are just a distraction for terrible drops. I spend 3 days fighting a boss and his young Son, when I finally win I get a load of brightly coloured useless trophy's. Looks good scrolling down the screen but useless none the less. I would prefer one good drop than a load of old brightly coloured junk.Even when I sell it I get something like 2 copper and a rusty nail.

@Joote.4081 said:I support getting rid of trophy's. They are just a distraction for terrible drops. I spend 3 days fighting a boss and his young Son, when I finally win I get a load of brightly coloured useless trophy's. Looks good scrolling down the screen but useless none the less. I would prefer one good drop than a load of old brightly coloured junk.Even when I sell it I get something like 2 copper and a rusty nail.

The problem with everything droping good loot after afew hours people would call said loot trash and want new good loot.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:I don't really have any interest in selling but I wouldn't mind being able to move some items. Mainly charged quartz. Not in need of them on either account but one has more storage space for them. I should probably just stop making these ...

For example why not make and sell some of these?

don't really need the gold either, stuff is just accumulating

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Joote.4081" said:I support getting rid of trophy's. They are just a distraction for terrible drops. I spend 3 days fighting a boss and his young Son, when I finally win I get a load of brightly coloured useless trophy's. Looks good scrolling down the screen but useless none the less. I would prefer one good drop than a load of old brightly coloured junk.Even when I sell it I get something like 2 copper and a rusty nail.

The problem with everything droping good loot after afew hours people would call said loot trash and want new good loot.

Exactly. If there's no "bad", then there's no context for what's "good". If trash mobs would all drop a legendary, then no matter how "good" that legendary is, it would soon become a trash item and in that context, the "good" item would have to be something even better, and players would want a better item than a trash legendary drop.

In any case, this thread seems like some people are just too lazy to craft? Because, almost every material has something sellable you can craft out of it, no matter if it's account bound... So just make those sellable items and sell those instead, it's just one extra step, you can't seriously be that bothered by one extra step between the material and being able to sell it... Cause if you sell the thing that used a thing, the thing used to make it is sold by proxy as well...