Signets of Suffering -not-Broken (Answered)

This trait is non-functional right now, and does not boost the attributes of signets.

vcBf0BC.png

As you can see i have Signets of Suffering slotted, which is supposed to boost power to 270, but i still only get 180 power. This is not just a tooltip issue, as i checked my equipment tab to see how much power i was getting. All signet's passives are not boosted by this trait.

The only thing that seems to work is the cooldown reduction.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:Oh im a total dummy. I improperly read the tooltip well thanks.

If I remember, enhanced signets were permanent when it was grandmaster trait. They restrict to shroud only when put on master.

Yes they reasoned that no one used it while it was grandmaster. So they moved it and reworked it to be used only in shroud [while increasing shroud degen at the same time i believe]. and screwed up signet of vampirism and Locusts. It was likethey said "Oh since no one uses it we are gonna make it even more useless, take that you awful Signet Necros". Truth is signet necros were doing quite well at the time, not now.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:Oh im a total dummy. I improperly read the tooltip well thanks.

If I remember, enhanced signets were permanent when it was grandmaster trait. They restrict to shroud only when put on master.

Ya, i'm a veteran player so my brain was conditioned to seeing the trait always giving a permanent bonus outside of shroud. Thought it was bugged when i saw it not giving me permanent stacks and i swore to myself i was reading the skill four or five times wondering why I wasn't getting the bonus. The brain is a funny things sometimes.

@DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:Oh im a total dummy. I improperly read the tooltip well thanks.

Yes they reasoned that no one used it while it was grandmaster. So they moved it and reworked it to be used only in shroud [while increasing shroud degen at the same time i believe]. and screwed up signet of vampirism and Locusts. It was likethey said "Oh since no one uses it we are gonna make it even more useless, take that you awful Signet Necros". Truth is signet necros were doing quite well at the time, not now.

In PvE Signet Reaper (Signets of Suffering, Signet of Vampirism, Signet of Spite, and Signet of Undeath for longer fights) is actually great, enough to be considered META for most Raids. I don’t know about PvP and WvW since I left competitive modes long time ago.

@Black Storm.6974 said:

In PvE Signet Reaper (Signets of Suffering, Signet of Vampirism, Signet of Spite, and Signet of Undeath for longer fights) is actually great, enough to be considered META for most Raids. I don’t know about PvP and WvW since I left competitive modes long time ago.

You sure about that for pve? I see nothing about it on neither snow crows or metabattle.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

You sure about that for pve? I see nothing about it on neither snow crows or metabattle.

It is kind of a hidden META you don’t find on those sites (maybe on some less popular site), but there are people running it. Basically it has roughly 6-7% less potential DPS, but the extra Life Force you get passively allows to follow the rotation without having to use off rotation skills (that would make you lose DPS) cause of the inevitable lack of Life Force of the other build. It has also superior survivability and Signet of Vampirism allows you to heal yourself either before entering in Shroud or even passively while in Shroud to get back the 5% bonus of the Scholar Runes if needed (basically without DPS loss).

I’d say it can be considered the META for those situations where you can’t entirely avoid taking damage while in Shroud, unless there is a reliable and passive Life Force generation coming from the environment (like adds dying at the right moment filling your Life Force). You have to judged based on your team, on your current personal skill, and the boss.

It is a pity that only a minority of Reapers knows about that.

@Black Storm.6974 said:

It is kind of a hidden META you don’t find on those sites (maybe on some less popular site), but there are people running it. Basically it has roughly 6-7% less potential DPS, but the extra Life Force you get passively allows to follow the rotation without having to use off rotation skills (that would make you lose DPS) cause of the inevitable lack of Life Force of the other build. It has also superior survivability and Signet of Vampirism allows you to heal yourself either before entering in Shroud or even passively while in Shroud to get back the 5% bonus of the Scholar Runes if needed (basically without DPS loss).

I’d say it can be considered the META for those situations where you can’t entirely avoid taking damage while in Shroud, unless there is a reliable and passive Life Force generation coming from the environment (like adds dying at the right moment filling your Life Force). You have to judged based on your team, on your current personal skill, and the boss.

Would you please post skill and trait details? I would like to check it out.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Would you please post skill and trait details? I would like to check it out.

Pick Signets of Suffering instead of Awaken the Pain (Spite), pick Signet of Vampirism instead of Blood Fiend (Heal Skill), pick Signet of Undeath instead of Well of Darkness (Utility Skill). When Life Force is not an issue you can keep Well of Darkness or entirely swap back to the Snow Crows build.

Template code: [&DQg1LTIlIjYoDygPdQF1AW8BbwGBAIEAlQCVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Signet Reaper is actually good in PvE. Just pick the meta traits and change awaken the pain to signets.

vamp = best heal for necro when traitedspite = dpsundeath = shroud uptime

It's a no-brainer, that this is good. DPS is like 5% lower than the meta build but the sustain and utility (heal, rez, lf gain) is a lot (!) higher.

Slight modifications of this build are even good in the competitive modes.

@KrHome.1920 said:Signet Reaper is actually good in PvE. Just pick the meta traits and change awaken the pain to signets.

It's a no-brainer, that this is good. DPS is like 5% lower than the meta build but the sustain and utility (heal, rez, lf gain) is a lot (!) higher.

Havn't logged into the game in the while but i thought i would ask : Does the passive heal on vampirism trigger every second inside shroud as well?

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Signet Reaper is actually good in PvE. Just pick the meta traits and change awaken the pain to signets.

Havn't logged into the game in the while but i thought i would ask : Does the passive heal on vampirism trigger every second inside shroud as well?

Yes (the healing is triggered every second while in Shroud, and the damage too), as long as you have the trait (Signets of Suffering) equipped. It is very useful.