solar focussing lens and damage increase

Crystal Paladin.3871

so when entering and exiting photon forge, the holosmith major adept trait "solar focussing lens" procs for 4s and based on heat level it gets stack either 2 stacks or 6 stacks(if overheated)..the trait says it gives 10% dmg increase.. so ... will the dmg be increased 10% for each stack of solar focussing lens or... the 10% is just constant dmg modifier any stack of solar lens? or does it affect the burning stacks?

idk.. this could be weird.. when checking on golem, it seems the stacks are consumed as and when we attack the target.. i could be wrong.. idk.. i wish to know the actual behavior.. does the description "few attacks after entering or exiting forge mode" actually mean that the stacks corresponding to number of attacks that have the 10% dmg increase are controlled by the stacks of solar focus lens?

also i noticed one more thing.. the 2stacks of solar lens disappear in one second if i use refraction cutter sword 2 skill on the target(auto attack disabled on sword 1 skill during checking) .. does it mean the 6 blades from one skill "refraction cutter" is capable of consuming 6 stacks of solar lens.. in this case, the 2 stacks get consumed by 2 blades(with 10% dmg increase) and the remaining 4 blades get normal dmg? pls someone explain if I'm wrong..

Solar Focussing Lens increases the next hit damage by 10%. The number of stacks represent the number of hits that will receive a 10% damage increase.

Multi hit skills also consumes several stacks. for example a grenade would consume 3 stacks since its 3 hits, rendering the boon almost worthless.

@Wolfb.7025 said:Solar Focussing Lens increases the next hit damage by 10%. The number of stacks represent the number of hits that will receive a 10% damage increase.

Multi hit skills also consumes several stacks. for example a grenade would consume 3 stacks since its 3 hits, rendering the boon almost worthless.

if what u say is true.... the snowcrows power holosmith sword rotation is confusing me a bit.. they suggest doing a refraction cutter and shrapnel grenade right when we exit photon forge mode... so if solar focussing lens consumes stacks based on number of hits the refraction cutter will consume all stacks of solar lens.. then executing a shrapnel grenade is just normal since shrapnel grenade doesn't even rely on heat thresholds... i think, using shrapnel grenade just to maintain explosive temper for 10 stacks of ferocity is enough and not to include it on exit photon forge sequence... maybe if we initiate primelight beam during photon forge 149% heat and exit forge mode, the primelight beam will get the solar lens bonus 10% dmg

or maybe the time of defining rotations in snowcrows website, holosmith solar focussing lens was not limited to stack(anet balancing patches maybe)? or maybe i'm missing something entirely?

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

@"Wolfb.7025" said:Solar Focussing Lens increases the next hit damage by 10%. The number of stacks represent the number of hits that will receive a 10% damage increase.

if what u say is true.... the snowcrows power holosmith sword rotation is confusing me a bit.. they suggest doing a refraction cutter and shrapnel grenade right when we exit photon forge mode... so if solar focussing lens consumes stacks based on number of hits the refraction cutter will consume all stacks of solar lens.. then executing a shrapnel grenade is just normal since shrapnel grenade doesn't even rely on heat thresholds... i think, using shrapnel grenade just to maintain explosive temper for 10 stacks of ferocity is enough and not to include it on exit photon forge sequence... maybe if we initiate primelight beam during photon forge 149% heat and exit forge mode, the primelight beam will get the solar lens bonus 10% dmg

or maybe the time of defining rotations in snowcrows website, holosmith solar focussing lens was not limited to stack(anet balancing patches maybe)? or maybe i'm missing something entirely?

They also suggest you to use Laser Disc -> Prime Light Beam on rifle rotation after overheat, and that's why I changed the rotation to prioritize Rifle5 -> Rifle3 first before these, to take advantage of the 10% boost.

Sword build doesn't have any bursty single-hit skill that would completely benefit from the 10% damage boost.

maybe if we initiate primelight beam during photon forge 149% heat and exit forge mode, the primelight beam will get the solar lens bonus 10% dmgOh yes I want to add, the sword rotation focuses entirely on "spam skills offcd", it wouldn't be effective to wait until you reach 149 heat since you're missing out recharge time to use prime light sooner, just for a 10% damage boost (on a 25k-ish skill).

they suggest doing a refraction cutter and shrapnel grenade right when we exit photon forge mode...Since there arent any bursty single-hit skills, it doesn't really matter which skill you use after leaving photon forge. The benchmark prioritizes putting everything on cd so you have recharge uptime while you sustain dps through autos and sword2, saving prime light for solar focusing lens isn't really that worth.