Why did banner weapon bundles didn't get any substitute after the Banner rework?

Vancho.8750

I know they weren't very good, and no one really used them but if some bundle on another class gets deleted like that there probably will be riot.I find it weird no one objected and in return banners didn't get actually better, they became literal stat stick. I know warrior is picked in groups because the banners, but can they be at least not lame, can they do something when dropped, cause now they are a chore that does allot but it doesn't feel like it.
There was suggestions to combine the banners to open up some slots on PVE warrior , what if the remaining slots for banners got weapon bundle back one offensive the other defensive/supportive.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:The bundles could have been revamped to become great. They took the easiest way out, and sadly I don't think we'll get the bundles back.Well there is the hope that Arenanet can do what they did with the Guardian Elite Tomes and add the bundles as a special mechanic.

Lol and there we have the new warrior e spec, Carpel Tunnel Commander.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:The bundles could have been revamped to become great. They took the easiest way out, and sadly I don't think we'll get the bundles back.Well there is the hope that Arenanet can do what they did with the Guardian Elite Tomes and add the bundles as a special mechanic.

Lol and there we have the new warrior e spec, Carpel Tunnel Commander.At this point why not, almost everything has a piano build and getting yet another bruiser that stacks adrenaline to do a burst skills will be kinda redundant and disappointing.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Lol and there we have the new warrior e spec, Carpel Tunnel Commander.At this point why not, almost everything has a piano build and getting yet another bruiser that stacks adrenaline to do a burst skills will be kinda redundant and disappointing.

True, but anything we get has to be tied to adrenaline, it just has to be not a bruiser is all.

Narrator: It will be a bruiser...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:The bundles could have been revamped to become great. They took the easiest way out, and sadly I don't think we'll get the bundles back.

I think one of the reason they remove it is because they don't want other ppl accidentally take your banner so only you can interact with your banner, so yeah 100% we won't get bundle back for sure. But again... we won't refuse some banner redesign :#

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:The bundles could have been revamped to become great. They took the easiest way out, and sadly I don't think we'll get the bundles back.

I think one of the reason they remove it is because they don't want other ppl accidentally take your banner so only you can interact with your banner, so yeah 100% we won't get bundle back for sure. But again... we won't refuse some banner redesign :#If that was their goal, they didn't think it through that much, since I still pick up Ele conjure weapons when I'm resetting the banners.

Speaking of which, Double Standards says that we get double the effects. But they actual traited number doesn't show in the tooltip? Or is it broken and we just get swiftness after picking them up?

Tried a Core Warrior with banners for WvW zerging with my guild...It was interesting lmao

If anything they should give 1 stack of stability when dropping a banner to not force you into stunbreaks :p

Edit: On cast stab

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:They should bring the stats back to 170 at least...

Why would they buff something that's already broadly used?What I'm saying is that if they wanted to change banners, I doubt it would/should be just a pure stat buff, as it's already something that's valued by players.

It has more to do with the fact that Double Standard's doubling of the current 100 stat points merely keeps you from losing DPS while maintaining the banners. Bringing the base stats up to 170 like they were from 100 would mean that Warrior ends up with a net DPS increase even when maintaining them.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Why would they buff something that's already broadly used?What I'm saying is that if they wanted to change banners, I doubt it would/should be just a pure stat buff, as it's already something that's valued by players.

It has more to do with the fact that Double Standard's doubling of the current 100 stat points merely keeps you from losing DPS while maintaining the banners. Bringing the base stats up to 170 like they were from 100 would mean that Warrior ends up with a net DPS increase even when maintaining them.

Probably because it's supposed to be a group support and not "personal dps" type of buff -despite sligthly (relative term, sure) lowering personal, it's a solid increase in group dps. Anyways I'm not going to argue because there's no reason to, I was just curious about motivation and if the motivation is "so I can still have same dps as with something other than banners while at the same time increasing group dps" then we just won't agree on this one at all :p

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Probably because it's supposed to be a group support and not "personal dps" type of buff -despite sligthly (relative term, sure) lowering personal, it's a solid increase in group dps. Anyways I'm not going to argue because there's no reason to, I was just curious about motivation and if the motivation is "so I can still have same dps as with something other than banners while at the same time increasing group dps" then we just won't agree on this one at all :p

I know. There really isn't an argument here, just differences in opinion, like 95% of time :smile:

If the banners were instant cast (not the elite one), and I didn't have to go through the pick up animation then I'd have no beef with them as they are now other than wishing that we didn't lose the bundles in the first place.

So yeah, put me down as saying that banners, except for battle standard, should be instant cast, and there shouldn't be an animation to pick them up. They might actually get used in competitive play then...

• 2 months later...

For the most of the part they were useless, good riddence.

But what really annoying me to this day is, they didn't leave and improve battle standard's bundle.

They should have given better group buffs to this elite's bundle. like regen and alacrity.

1    Stab                                         ½        Stab a foe with your banner.
2    Whirlwind Banner             1    15    Inspire nearby allies, granting stability.
3    Inspire                                 ½    15    Inspire nearby allies, granting swiftness.
4    Sprint                                1¼    15    Run forward with your banner, ignoring movement-impeding effects.
5    Plant Standard                   1    10    Plant the standard back in the ground.

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Confused 1

The funny thing is, they copied the Engi Turret Mechanic with the pickup CD reduction, but didn't copy over the flip skill all turrets have. It would have been great if banners flipped over to their old bundle skill 2's while they're on the field. Tactics Banner's Heal, Disc Banner's team Fury. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1