Second master chef not fully functional

Don't ask me why but I made a second master chef. But after I completed the rigors of the development, I expected to be able to take full advantage of the what my new character had to offer. Sadly, I discovered that their (varietal) gardens, one in Hoelbrak, the other in the Applied Development Lab, are linked. Both gardens will allow planting, both gardens will mature, but once one set of plants is harvested, the other set reverts to "growing". I can only harvest one or the other, each day.

I'm guessing this is because of the limits on harvesting other players' gardens. But this is not that and is not documented as such. If it were, I probably would have reconsidered the large expenditures of time and gold.

This is probably due to the fact that any character can go into any home instance to harvest, you don’t have to take your asuran to rata sum each time, you could go to black citadel if ascalon forager is a daily for example. All of the home instance nodes are account wide so only one use per day regardless, otherwise Anet would never sell multiple plots as someone could just make 3 or more chefs and harvest to their hearts especially since chef is the cheapest to max out, 4g to get to 400 chef then not much more for the rest as an example.

Fair enough. I didn't interpret the relevant part of that page, correctly. My waste.I thought it was a bit condescending to point out the wiki, which is my first stop for anything I don't understand about the game. If it wasn't intended that way, I withdraw the characterization.

Thanks all, for the helpful, if not satisfying, information.