Gem purchase error

I have been trying for days now, and have had 3 tickets ( separately where they said it had been fixed ) summitted and I still get the error message when I attempt to purchase gems. I don't even want that many... I have seen forums on this issue dating back to 2018... You would think anet would go with someone other than digital river or what ever their funds get transferred through. Only option at this point I can see is go to Best Buys and hope to find the gem cards? Anyone else having this issue and getting results? Not really sure what to do other then just not waste my money haha.

If an admin or actual tech gets on this post somehow, yes I have contacted my bank and the only info or funds transfer they have seen is from when I got the game and two expansions back at the beginning of April. Other then that crickets as well from the other company you use, I think its called digital river not sure.

@"Rhodes Rage.6359" said:I have been trying for days now, and have had 3 tickets ( separately where they said it had been fixed ) summitted and I still get the error message when I attempt to purchase gems. I don't even want that many... I have seen forums on this issue dating back to 2018... You would think anet would go with someone other than digital river or what ever their funds get transferred through. Only option at this point I can see is go to Best Buys and hope to find the gem cards? Anyone else having this issue and getting results? Not really sure what to do other then just not waste my money haha.

If an admin or actual tech gets on this post somehow, yes I have contacted my bank and the only info or funds transfer they have seen is from when I got the game and two expansions back at the beginning of April. Other then that crickets as well from the other company you use, I think its called digital river not sure.

I have had the same problem in these couple days, after a long back and forth between me and the tech support I resolved doing so:-I rebooted my router to change the IP address-I deleted the "gw2cache" folder in %temp% as suggested to me by the tech support-I removed all the "Authorized Networks" I had in the "Security Settings" of the ANet account.

After all of that I started the game and this time both paypal and the credit card worked fine. Note that the credit card worked for me (in Italy) for max 20€ cause of the "new" EU transactions policy.

I hope I have been helpful

• 1 month later...

Me and my friend are also recieving error 404 after confirming to buy the gems with credit cards. i myself tryed to buy some about a month or two back and got the same problem back then immedietly after pressing the confirm button we get a white window saying error 404 not found. never had this problem until a few months ago.