Did reviving get disabled when porting to Sandswept Isles?

Might need to give more information, guessing by the description you mean you were dead when you used a portal tome to sandswept, not sure what skimmers you are referring too. Can I ask where you came from when using the portal tome, reason I ask is because if you leave wvw while downed or dead(think dead counts) from my experience you will spawn in pve dead,

@Illumine Sparkler.6019 said:Might need to give more information, guessing by the description you mean you were dead when you used a portal tome to sandswept, not sure what skimmers you are referring too. Can I ask where you came from when using the portal tome, reason I ask is because if you leave wvw while downed or dead(think dead counts) from my experience you will spawn in pve dead,

Apparently you never ported there while dead. A swarm of skimmers will come out of the woodwork and revive you. Portal tomes were never intended function in while in combat or downed. The Sandswept Isles tome is the only tome that will allow you to port while dead. So it is somehow bugged. I even reloaded the game and no rez even when the skimmers were sitting on top of me. I went and died in the same place and this time it worked.

@Carnius Magius.8091 said:

@Illumine Sparkler.6019 said:Might need to give more information, guessing by the description you mean you were dead when you used a portal tome to sandswept, not sure what skimmers you are referring too. Can I ask where you came from when using the portal tome, reason I ask is because if you leave wvw while downed or dead(think dead counts) from my experience you will spawn in pve dead,

Apparently you never ported there while dead. A swarm of skimmers will come out of the woodwork and revive you. Portal tomes were never intended function in while in combat or downed. The Sandswept Isles tome is the only tome that will allow you to port while dead. So it is somehow bugged. I even reloaded the game and no rez even when the skimmers were sitting on top of me. I went and died in the same place and this time it worked.

It's not the only one, the Lily of the Elon pass will work when dead as well. I haven't checked most of the others but my guess is it's inconsistent because it depends on who created the pass and how they set it up. Maybe there's a check box somewhere that gets missed, or maybe some developers think you should be able to use them when dead and others don't.

Separate scrolls usually work also while defeated, but usually this ability is lost when you add a scroll to a tome - with exception of Bjora Marches, this location keeps full functionality also after adding to a tome.

A good free healing scroll is the Sandswept Isles Portal Scroll, with two Olmakhan Earthstalkers. Usually both of them will heal, but sometimes only one helped. Never happened to me, that none helped, so don't know what was the case.

The best scroll is the Sun's Refuge Portal Scroll, instant healing, Anvil, and return to previous location button.

@Danikat.8537 said:

It's not the only one, the Lily of the Elon pass will work when dead as well. I haven't checked most of the others but my guess is it's inconsistent because it depends on who created the pass and how they set it up. Maybe there's a check box somewhere that gets missed, or maybe some developers think you should be able to use them when dead and others don't.

It would not be GW2 if things are consistent.