Experimental turrets is broke...

Stalima.5490

For some reason I am seeing alot of times that this trait will not activate it's reflect shield for seemingly no reason... the turret will be fine and just not put the shield up.

As you can imagine due to the nature of this trait, this can screw you over very easily when you are expecting a reflect shield but there is no shield.

All they really need to do on the base turret issue is give them a huge damage reduction for 10 seconds or so when they are placed, possibly allowing the healing turret to repair nearby turrets also (like applying regen as normal)maybe even a tether trait that connects all nearby turrets and stuns enemies for a moment when crossed or maybe just tethers a wall that stops people passing until a turret on one side is destroyed.

Even still, i would say turrets are far from a dead utility since they often have strong overcharges and fairly good toolbelt skills.

@Stalima.5490 said:All they really need to do on the base turret issue is give them a huge damage reduction for 10 seconds or so when they are placed, possibly allowing the healing turret to repair nearby turrets also (like applying regen as normal)maybe even a tether trait that connects all nearby turrets and stuns enemies for a moment when crossed or maybe just tethers a wall that stops people passing until a turret on one side is destroyed.

Even still, i would say turrets are far from a dead utility since they often have strong overcharges and fairly good toolbelt skills.Stunning turrets? Oh oh and maybe even make them follow the player so that they are actually viable in pvp!

Wait thats exactly how gyros worked on HoT release and Anet nerfed them to the ground.

Nevermind.