metrica province drm players not helping till the final boss fight

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Bristingr.5034 said:This is why DRMs need to just go away.

i really do believe that drms will probably be added to the list of abandoned content by arenanet someday, just wait =)(dungeons, raids, fractals and strikes are already waving at mr. drm from the horizon)Isn't it already?

That doesn't make sense. Leechers in public instances isn't a reason to remove content, or release it for that matter. Especially if there is an option for a private instance.Maybe They "leech" because they don't see it as content but still have skin and other quaggans hidden behind it

@Fangoth.4503 said:

i really do believe that drms will probably be added to the list of abandoned content by arenanet someday, just wait =)(dungeons, raids, fractals and strikes are already waving at mr. drm from the horizon)Isn't it already?

That doesn't make sense. Leechers in public instances isn't a reason to remove content, or release it for that matter. Especially if there is an option for a private instance.Maybe They "leech" because they don't see it as content but still have skin and other quaggans hidden behind itThat a player can make an excuse like that as an attempt to justify leeching is an issue with the player, not the content.The issue with the content is that the player gets away with it.

@Fangoth.4503 said:

That doesn't make sense. Leechers in public instances isn't a reason to remove content, or release it for that matter. Especially if there is an option for a private instance.Maybe They "leech" because they don't see it as content but still have skin and other quaggans hidden behind it

Maybe ... I don't what the reason is ... but it's not a reason for Anet to stop releasing or remove content like the poster suggested. I mean, I get that some people don't like DRM's and are willing to hang their hat on any excuse to see them go away but the poster's suggestion was absurd. There isn't an issue with DRM's here that warrants their removal or discontinuation ... private instances are available.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

That doesn't make sense. Leechers in public instances isn't a reason to remove content, or release it for that matter. Especially if there is an option for a private instance.Maybe They "leech" because they don't see it as content but still have skin and other quaggans hidden behind itThat a player can make an excuse like that as an attempt to justify leeching is an issue with the player, not the content.The issue with the content is that the player gets away with it.

Content is terrible so no I won't blame players opting for afk solution if they just want skins and I believe if there were other way to get the materials they would do like I and wouldn't even bother to join that joke of content.If the content was half descent why not, but it isn't the case.

@Fangoth.4503 said:

Content is terrible so no I won't blame players opting for afk solution if they just want skins and I believe if there were other way to get the materials they would do like I and wouldn't even bother to join that joke of content.If the content was half descent why not, but it isn't the case.

The content not meeting your personal tastes is not a reason to make other people do the work for you because you want a skin.It's an excuse.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

The content not meeting your personal tastes is not a reason to make other people do the work for you because you want a skin.It's an excuse.

Forcing people to play the content you enjoy by gating their goal onto it is also very selfish. So don't be surprised if they then let you do your stuff alone and claim the reward

• 1 month later...

That's content fault, I afked almost all story DRMs on all my main 9 characters. Why? Because Anet made it so I can do it. Because Public DRM will be done by itself even with everyone will be afk, because they are made to be THAT easy.

There is no afk kick, there is no auto party feature so others can votekick afk player, no anti-afk measures of any kind, and the content is soloable by NPCs.

PS.: at last I had decency to hide in the bushes 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Czokalapik.6091 said:

That's content fault, I afked almost all story DRMs on all my main 9 characters. Why? Because Anet made it so I can do it. Because Public DRM will be done by itself even with everyone will be afk, because they are made to be THAT easy.

There is no afk kick, there is no auto party feature so others can votekick afk player, no anti-afk measures of any kind, and the content is soloable by NPCs.

Actually, no, the content is not soloable by NPCs. The NPCs won't even move if you won't assist them. So, basically, you are just leeching off other players.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Czokalapik.6091 said:

The decent thing to do would have been to tell the others players in the DRM that you will be afking, which could have given them the opportunity to bail out.

• Like 3