Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Please fix Rush (again)


Yerlock.4678

Recommended Posts

Anet "fixed" Rush a few years back to make it less janky and connect to targets easier but it still has a lot to be desired. This isn't a balance request or anything just please fix the ability so it properly connects to the target instead of sliding around in competitive modes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

not possible, the problem with these kind of skills are latencyspecially with such a long range skill like rush.the only way for fix, it's either make it very short range, like guardianor teleportsor just ditch targets and make it ground casting, but then it has to be a linear AoE.or the most possible one is to be like ranger, with rush to target, then a small leap for directional correction, but it isn't that great either tho, just better.

i think anet tried to fix by increasing hit box, but some times rush goes way off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Lighter.5631" said:not possible, the problem with these kind of skills are latencyspecially with such a long range skill like rush.the only way for fix, it's either make it very short range, like guardianor teleportsor just ditch targets and make it ground casting, but then it has to be a linear AoE.or the most possible one is to be like ranger, with rush to target, then a small leap for directional correction, but it isn't that great either tho, just better.

i think anet tried to fix by increasing hit box, but some times rush goes way off

Nope that's not true, it's because of the animation. Otherwise Swoop on the ranger GS would have similar issues but doesn't (at least not to the extent that this ability has).Check the patch notes on both and you'll see what I mean, the swing animation at the end of Rush has a hard time connecting and Anet tried fixing that multiple times but still has consistent issues.

"Patch [hide]ChangesFebruary 25, 2020 Competitive content update:(Competitive split) Reduced power coefficient from 1.7 to 1.36.July 26, 2016

Increased the speed of the swinging animation, and increased the radius of the strike in order to have the skill land more consistently.June 23, 2015 Specialization update:Movement-speed adjustments no longer affect the intended travel distance.January 27, 2015

Adjusted the animation and attack radius of this skill to hit more consistently.July 23, 2013

Cleaned up the animation so that this skill will have a smoother transition when approaching the target."

The animation either needs to be changed (which I would recommend) or the animation swing cleaned up more so that it's faster and misses less.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"gmmg.9210" said:Anet "fixed" Rush a few years back to make it less janky and connect to targets easier but it still has a lot to be desired. This isn't a balance request or anything just please fix the ability so it properly connects to the target instead of sliding around in competitive modes.

I feel your pain ..... this is why you see me playing Berserker spec always. Latency from Australia - 220-250ms.

Bull's Rush turns into Bull's Flop.

Mack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@gmmg.9210 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:not possible, the problem with these kind of skills are latencyspecially with such a long range skill like rush.the only way for fix, it's either make it very short range, like guardianor teleportsor just ditch targets and make it ground casting, but then it has to be a linear AoE.or the most possible one is to be like ranger, with rush to target, then a small leap for directional correction, but it isn't that great either tho, just better.

i think anet tried to fix by increasing hit box, but some times rush goes way off

Nope that's not true, it's because of the animation. Otherwise Swoop on the ranger GS would have similar issues but doesn't (at least not to the extent that this ability has).Check the patch notes on both and you'll see what I mean, the swing animation at the end of Rush has a hard time connecting and Anet tried fixing that multiple times but still has consistent issues.

"Patch [hide]ChangesFebruary 25, 2020 Competitive content update:(Competitive split) Reduced power coefficient from 1.7 to 1.36.July 26, 2016Increased the speed of the swinging animation, and increased the radius of the strike in order to have the skill land more consistently.June 23, 2015 Specialization update:Movement-speed adjustments no longer affect the intended travel distance.January 27, 2015

Adjusted the animation and attack radius of this skill to hit more consistently.July 23, 2013Cleaned up the animation so that this skill will have a smoother transition when approaching the target."

The animation either needs to be changed (which I would recommend) or the animation swing cleaned up more so that it's faster and misses less.

it is a problem caused by latency....it is fact..like if you have minimum knowledge about games, you wouldn't think it's just the animation, the animation has no problem, the animation is just an animation for cosmetic, it is for shows, it is the hitbox and the tracking and the only thing that would affect tracking is latency and how slow the skill is tracking aka cast time....like i already mentioned above, swoop is better because it is two phased with a leap at the end to correct the pathing.also the fact that swoop has way bigger hit box for it being multi-target aka mini AoE greatly reduces misses as well.you do know what increase the radius of strike means right.

why someone would think a skill not hit is because of the animation not animated right, wth...my mind broken.

first they tried to clean up animation basically tried to optimize for better tracking which obviously won't work as it is a latency problem.so they reduced cast time and increases strike radius because it is the only way to compensate for tracking problem caused by latency. because latency itself is unfixable.

and why do you think some times you rush the other way, when enemy is fast moving, because IT IS LATENCY, the server think enemy on one side so you track that way, but he is already on the other side.

basic knowledge really..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to have a pretty good hit rate by deselecting the target, then reselecting mid cast. Had the additional benefit of confusing some opponents into thinking I was running away or repositioning, only to boomerang into their face.

Or maybe it was my imagination that it hit more often. Seemed legit though. XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Choppy.4183 said:I used to have a pretty good hit rate by deselecting the target, then reselecting mid cast. Had the additional benefit of confusing some opponents into thinking I was running away or repositioning, only to boomerang into their face.

Or maybe it was my imagination that it hit more often. Seemed legit though. XD

Nah it does do that still. I do it sometimes in small scale fights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...