Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Watch the Trailer for Chapter 4: Judgment


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ArenaNet Staff

@valfx.5416 said:@"Fire Attunement.9835" When do you think all the wallpapers and artworks from the icebrood saga wil be available on the main Guild Wars 2 website ?Because the artwork for this trailer is really great !

I'm not sure if you've seen these already, but if you go to the Releases page and scroll to the bottom of each individual release, you'll find high-res images related to that release. Today's new page has eight new ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"hugo.4705" said:Well maybe there is a new map after all.... I mean, I don't recognize the place and putting so much fire and everything would be too much assets to make an existing map looks different.If it were a new map you can bet your boots the Trailer would have said "New Map".Looks like a story mission and an instanced squad encounter version.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:Well maybe there is a new map after all.... I mean, I don't recognize the place and putting so much fire and everything would be too much assets to make an existing map looks different.If it were a new map you can bet your boots the Trailer would have said "New Map".Looks like a story mission and an instanced squad encounter version.

Means nothing!! If the name is a spoiler like flame and frost place it makes sense they don't say it!! What about if the map is in an instance?If those are drizzlewood DRMS, I quit and simply stop playing. yeah the level is low, but ending the chapter thing like that, wow...

But after reading the releases notes, it is true they state:"Play the final chapter of The Icebrood Saga: Champions to experience Dragonstorm as part of the story. Head to Eye of the North to face the challenging world boss version of this encounter—anyone can join while the event is active, or you can form a squad to start your own instance at any time."

Link to post
Share on other sites

@hugo.4705 said:

@hugo.4705 said:Well maybe there is a new map after all.... I mean, I don't recognize the place and putting so much fire and everything would be too much assets to make an existing map looks different.If it were a new map you can bet your boots the Trailer would have said "New Map".Looks like a story mission and an instanced squad encounter version.

Means nothing!! If the name is a spoiler like flame and frost place it makes sense they don't say it!!Every episode trailer including a new map or extension of a new for the past two years has said pretty plainly o"New Map".Each one has additionally listed this new map on the Release page.This one does not.I'd love to see something new to explore as well, but it's best to temper your hopes with reality.But after reading the releases notes, it is true they state:"Play the final chapter of The Icebrood Saga: Champions to experience Dragonstorm as part of the story. Head to Eye of the North to face the challenging world >boss version of this encounter—anyone can join while the event is active, or you can form a squad to start your own instance at any time."This is the exact definition of a strike mission but one you can join in progress.
Link to post
Share on other sites

@"mindcircus.1506" said:Every episode trailer including a new map or extension of a new for the past two years has said pretty plainly o"New Map".Each one has additionally listed this new map on the Release page.This one does not.I'd love to see something new to explore as well, but it's best to temper your hopes with reality.

How a cataclismic fight is sensed to happens in a DRM huh? I mean come on, putting primordius and jormag model in an instance? How many assets would be needed to put all the minions, fire tree, frost shards and so on? Don't get me wrong, if it is an instance, it is an instance, this is it. But I prefer not imagining it before seeing it in action. Imagine the number of models needed. It hurts to imagine we will have the bare minimum, few destroyer veterrans and few svanir and call it a day.

Think about it, if it is a map in an instance, so like steel warband, you don't states it is a map, but it is still a map. Re - read the following part of the post:

"Dragonstorm: Join the Final BattleThere’s little time left to save Tyria from a cataclysm of ice or fire. An evenly matched head-to-head fight between Primordus and Jormag will destroy them both, and each dragon is desperate to gain an advantage. Tip the scales to ensure they can’t hide behind Braham and Ryland forever."

The chapter is called ballance, Dragonstorm is maybe a story step, but what if it is the name of the instance / map instance?

I will tell you, there is only one way to know if it is a new designed map even if in an instance, or just an instance happening in a map we have. I will log in game, and search where could have been taken the screenshots of the release page.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@hugo.4705 said:

@"mindcircus.1506" said:Every episode trailer including a new map or extension of a new for the past two years has said pretty plainly o"New Map".Each one has additionally listed this new map on the Release page.This one does not.I'd love to see something new to explore as well, but it's best to temper your hopes with reality.

How a cataclismic fight is sensed to happens in a DRM huh? I mean come on, putting primordius and jormag model in an instance? How many assets would be needed to put all the minions, fire tree, frost shards and so on? Don't get me wrong, if it is an instance, it is an instance, this is it. But I prefer not imagining it before seeing it in action. Imagine the number of models needed. It hurts to imagine we will have the bare minimum, few destroyer veterrans and few svanir and call it a day.

Think about it, if it is a map in an instance, so like steel warband, you don't states it is a map, but it is still a map. Re - read the following part of the post:

"Dragonstorm: Join the Final BattleThere’s little time left to save Tyria from a cataclysm of ice or fire. An evenly matched head-to-head fight between Primordus and Jormag will destroy them both, and each dragon is desperate to gain an advantage. Tip the scales to ensure they can’t hide behind Braham and Ryland forever."

The chapter is called ballance, Dragonstorm is maybe a story step, but what if it is the name of the instance / map instance?

I will tell you, there is only one way to know if it is a new designed map even if in an instance, or just an instance happening in a map we have. I will log in game, and search where could have been taken the screenshots of the release page.Tell you what.... I will bet you 50g this all takes place in a Strike styled mission and we will settle up next week :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a new a open world map it seems, I expected as much.I'm guessing that this is one big instance outside of the Eye somewhere.. the location of the big battle does look new at least.. not any existing location I can pick out anyway.

Have to say though.. getting serious Gigabowser vibes from Primordus new face XDNot entirely liking this 3rd redesign Primordus has gotten since Gw1 but I guess we'll see how it looks in game, for me the bigger issue with Primordus is size.. I want him to be colossal and he appears to be huge from what was shown so that's awesome ^^

What im more curious about is whether or not we will get to see both these Dragons in full body models.. I'm going to be very very disappointed if we've waited this long and we don't get to see that.I'm betting on Jormag's death in this episode so at the very least Im hoping to see a full model of Jormag's corpse.

Looking forward to seeing how this connects us to End of Dragons too, hopefully Primordus survives.. won't care for him being killed off yet.. he's not had enough screen time and story development imo.Hell he's slept through the entire game so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously hope there is a new map to properly round off the Icebrood saga. But I do not have big hopes for it anymore, which would be a seriously disappointing finish to a season that started out on such a high note. The content quality plummeting after Drizzlewood coast.And those infusions will surely be ultra rare.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect nothing more from this saga and I still manage to be negatively surprised. I can't believe gw2 fell so low, it really hurts my heart. One DRM to finish this living story, April joke maybe?

It would be time to launch some information about the expansion because I think this saga will have made many players lose interest in this game, it's sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, this line -"Head to Eye of the North to face the challenging world >boss version of this encounter—anyone can join while the event is active, or you can form a squad to start your own instance at any time."

sounds like the fight will take place on an existing open world map, but will be instanced longterm. I hope so - it gives them a way to dynamically add content to the game without the issue of "no longer available" they had after events ended in season one.

Of course, that could just blind optimism on my part.

If it is just a DRM, that will be very disappointing. They should clarify one way or the other, imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...