Watch the Trailer for Chapter 4: Judgment

Fire Attunement.9835

@hugo.4705 said:

@"mindcircus.1506" said:Every episode trailer including a new map or extension of a new for the past two years has said pretty plainly o"New Map".Each one has additionally listed this new map on the Release page.This one does not.I'd love to see something new to explore as well, but it's best to temper your hopes with reality.

How a cataclismic fight is sensed to happens in a DRM huh? I mean come on, putting primordius and jormag model in an instance? How many assets would be needed to put all the minions, fire tree, frost shards and so on? Don't get me wrong, if it is an instance, it is an instance, this is it. But I prefer not imagining it before seeing it in action. Imagine the number of models needed. It hurts to imagine we will have the bare minimum, few destroyer veterrans and few svanir and call it a day.

Think about it, if it is a map in an instance, so like steel warband, you don't states it is a map, but it is still a map. Re - read the following part of the post:

I will tell you, there is only one way to know if it is a new designed map even if in an instance, or just an instance happening in a map we have. I will log in game, and search where could have been taken the screenshots of the release page.

Lornar pass maybe (the north)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Astralporing.1957" said:Pretty weird to have a release during the time Forums are down. Are they expecting so much dissappointed voices they decided to "lock the comments" just in case? Are they also expecting to have no bugs whatsoever?

The cynic in me thought the same, but given it is only a 2 day window before forums reopen, it’ll be just a coincidental timing thing. Most feedback appears a day or two after anyway.

Can’t say the trailer grabbed me. I don’t mind instances, but having been playing with a returning player from 7 years ago, I’ve come to remember the big draw for myself and may others is in exploring maps, events, open world and not chain instances.

@"Quench.7091" said:There was a frosty bouncing mushroom in a screenshot. Only 2 zones I know of have frosty bouncing mushrooms right now. Bitterfrost Frontier and Bjora Marches. This patch is somewhere either in those two zones or between them?

2abebMiscNpc-3.jpg

Good catch about the mushroom!

@"Astralporing.1957" said:Pretty weird to have a release during the time Forums are down. Are they expecting so much dissappointed voices they decided to "lock the comments" just in case? Are they also expecting to have no bugs whatsoever?

I have a feeling that the timing of the forum downtime was one of those "this isn't ideal, but we need to bite the bullet and get it done ASAP" kinds of things.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:Every episode trailer including a new map or extension of a new for the past two years has said pretty plainly o"New Map".Each one has additionally listed this new map on the Release page.This one does not.I'd love to see something new to explore as well, but it's best to temper your hopes with reality.

How a cataclismic fight is sensed to happens in a DRM huh? I mean come on, putting primordius and jormag model in an instance? How many assets would be needed to put all the minions, fire tree, frost shards and so on? Don't get me wrong, if it is an instance, it is an instance, this is it. But I prefer not imagining it before seeing it in action. Imagine the number of models needed. It hurts to imagine we will have the bare minimum, few destroyer veterrans and few svanir and call it a day.

Think about it, if it is a map in an instance, so like steel warband, you don't states it is a map, but it is still a map. Re - read the following part of the post:

"Dragonstorm: Join the Final BattleThere’s little time left to save Tyria from a cataclysm of ice or fire. An evenly matched head-to-head fight between Primordus and Jormag will destroy them both, and each dragon is desperate to gain an advantage. Tip the scales to ensure they can’t hide behind Braham and Ryland forever."

The chapter is called ballance, Dragonstorm is maybe a story step, but what if it is the name of the instance / map instance?

I will tell you, there is only one way to know if it is a new designed map even if in an instance, or just an instance happening in a map we have. I will log in game, and search where could have been taken the screenshots of the release page.Tell you what.... I will bet you 50g this all takes place in a Strike styled mission and we will settle up next week :)

SIGH what do you don't understand?A new place, even in an instance in a NEW MAP.Why having a debate? WHAT I'M TELLING YOU is that a new map isn't necessarely in open world for eternal alchemy sake!!!!!!FARAHNURTRANSPORT FACILITY SIGMA 5WHITE MANTLE HIDEOUTGLINT LAIRINSIDE KRALKATORRIKINSIDE DRACONIS MONS VOLCANORATA PRIMUS CUBEand so on....

All those are maps, and see, they are INSTANCES. Yes, even if you don't access them outsides, and they don't have quests or whatever they are maps.

You are stuck with I don't know what, you are betting on it is a strike mission or drm, I am not betting on that, I am betting on the fact that this place is NEW or NOT NEW. Just came back and it doesn't seem to be in drizzlewood, maybe around eye of the north. The frozen lake.

Primordus' new model is finally decent and makes him look more like a dragon than that ugly clump of lava we saw at the end of Season 3.

@hugo.4705 said:Means nothing!!

Yes, it does. This is just another Shiverpeaks map reworked for this episode. There won't be a new map. (Reasons were already explained.)

@Astralporing.1957 said:Pretty weird to have a release during the time Forums are down.

Well, there are only 2 days overlapping, and any severe bugs can be posted on Twitter. We'll see how that works out.

@radda.8920 said:I expect nothing more from this saga and I still manage to be negatively surprised.

I have no idea what you're talking about.... Zzzzz :disappointed:

• ArenaNet Staff

That's a valid question that I can address a bit. You're right that the timing is not great and we spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out a way around it. In the end, several factors got us to this situation: Moving from the current software provider to the new one needed to be done in this particular time frame, things need to be read-only because we're moving all of your posts and discussions over to the new software, and we need until the 29th to make sure everything moved over correctly and get everything set up in all four languages.

We do want the conversation though! The new forums will be up and running just two days after the release, so it's not super long to wait.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Primordus' new model is finally decent and makes him look more like a dragon than that ugly clump of lava we saw at the end of Season 3.

@hugo.4705 said:Means nothing!!

Yes, it does. This is just another Shiverpeaks map reworked for this episode. There won't be a new map. (Reasons were already explained.)

@Astralporing.1957 said:Pretty weird to have a release during the time Forums are down.

Well, there are only 2 days overlapping, and any severe bugs can be posted on Twitter. We'll see how that works out.

@"radda.8920" said:I expect nothing more from this saga and I still manage to be negatively surprised.

I have no idea what you're talking about....
Zzzzz
:disappointed:

Another reworked shiverpeaks map? There is a giant frozen lake in the trailer... It is around eye of the north surely, this isn't frostgorge sound nor drizzlewood.As the release website point to, too, yes, surely it is a strike or DRM, but since it is an unknown place, it is a new map. Well precise for you there, that map to me means new place, even if contained in an instance. Notices that permit all the persons above that said there is no new map, none clearly answered me where is happening chapter 4.So, if nobody can tell me precisely, at the exact poi or area of map where is happening the event, it is new to me.

FWyoHy0.jpg

COME ON. How can anyone tell me this isn't a new place, you already saw this kind of landcape? In 9 years, haven't seen it. Even if in a DRM, you can't tell it isn't new.

I can even locate that new map! Well instance if you prefer for the sake of the word:

k5bSXRp.jpg

Just at the left of EOTN. This little water branch infiltrating in the mountains is what my picture above is. On the lake, Jormag, and coming out of the mountains, just near of EOTN primordius.

It could be a new zone. Could be, because we do know of an unfinished map that takes place between the map we last seen Fire Hulk Braham and is in Jormag territory. Could make an epic conclusion to a three-way war between light, ice, and fire.

It's also between Bitterfrost Frontier and Bjora Marches, where bouncing mushrooms could be.

@Teratus.2859 said:Not a new a open world map it seems, I expected as much.I'm guessing that this is one big instance outside of the Eye somewhere.. the location of the big battle does look new at least.. not any existing location I can pick out anyway.

Finally someone that get it, yes, not open world map, but as a instance map near the eye.

To change topic, yes, I hope too that Primordius don't get nuked, not enough development.And for rewards, dunno if the fire eye infusion is available as two fire eyes. At least one new gh deco coming.

I really hope to see stone summit in chapter 4 and not just destroyers.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

@valfx.5416 said:@Fire Attunement.9835 When do you think all the wallpapers and artworks from the icebrood saga wil be available on the main Guild Wars 2 website ?Because the artwork for this trailer is really great !

I'm not sure if you've seen these already, but if you go to the
and scroll to the bottom of each individual release, you'll find high-res images related to that release. Today's new page has eight new ones.

Well I was talking about Artworks not screenshots like the one we can see in the preview of the youtube video before you launched it.But thanks anyway for the reply :)

There is an interesting line from the PCgames article released today that says: "There’ll be a public offering of this encounter that becomes available on rotation every two hours. Or, you can tackle this with up to 50 pals and guildmates via a private squad version instead if you prefer." That's crazy cool. Surely it's a new map that you load into for this battle, even if it is just a small one made just for this world boss encounter.https://www.pcgamesn.com/guild-wars-2/icebrood-saga-finale-release-date?fbclid=IwAR0ZHZT2-HOXq5b-GOzEPvniWIpws3vO2XGgTNn_5kDNlFXi8bPiziJ7dus

People really need to choose one.

1: Content drought until End of Dragons comes out.2: Tons of Living World content but bare bones expanion End of Dragons

You're not going to get both. Other MMOs go through this exact same process leading up to a new Xpac. Especially after all those layoffs at ANet. They're working with far less people than they were to build PoF.

@Wreckdum.8367 said:People really need to choose one.

1: Content drought until End of Dragons comes out.2: Tons of Living World content but bare bones expanion End of Dragons

You're not going to get both. Other MMOs go through this exact same process leading up to a new Xpac. Especially after all those layoffs at ANet. They're working with far less people than they were to build PoF.

I think one issue is that with each of these releases the expectations for the quality of the expansion have gone up and up.

And at this point people may wind up being disappointed with the expansion regardless.

As far as staffing goes, we really don't know. Sure, they had lay-offs, but they also supposedly moved people over from scrapped projects to focus solely on Guild Wars 2. We don't know how many they moved over or how many they had working on those projects. I think it's safe to say they still have some other projects in the background so we still don't really know how many people are actually working on the expansion. It could 80% of the studio or it could be the living world teams plus a few more. The amount of people working on the game could theoretically be the exact same as it was before the lay-offs. The problem would be that a lot of senior people that have been working on Guild Wars 2 are no longer with the studio so now you're left with people newer to the franchise, and potentially newer to the studio and development pipeline.

This trailer felt like it could have been a gif in a blogpost. Pretty bleak but hopefully that's because they're saving some interesting stuff for the episode and don't want to spoil anything.

Excited to see the outside of the Eye of the North I guess. The rewards all look pretty blah and the two dragons like like they were just kind of copy pasted on an open field so I'm curious to see what this "world boss" fight is going to look like.

Maybe we'll at least start finally getting some teasers/trailers/news for the expansion now. Kind of just glad this saga is over.

Did we ever even get the guild hall decorations advertised in the last release? I kept checking the token vendor and I never saw them.

In addition : (https://massivelyop.com/2021/04/20/guild-wars-2-judgment-episode-is-unleashed-april-27-heres-the-new-trailer/)

“With ally Braham, norn of prophecy, on the cusp of confronting his destiny, two of Tyria’s largest and most enigmatic threats emerge to do battle in a clash of supremacy over control of the world’s magic. Players will be thrust between these two forces of nature to stop the conflict by any means necessary, and nobody is getting out unscathed.

“This fourth and final chapter of Episode 5 of The Icebrood Saga, titled Judgment, brings with it a host of dragon-related rewards, the thrilling conclusion to the last 18 months of storytelling, and a massive world boss encounter for up to 80 players.

“By playing the main storyline, players will be able to max out the Dragon Slayer mastery, granting them access to rare item drops. Players will be able to earn new dragon-themed rewards: a new cape, a dragon eye infusion to channel their inner Elder Dragon, a special icy greatsword skin, and new dragon-themed minis. Additionally, the chapter’s world boss encounter will become available in a special private squad version for up to 50 friends and guildmates, as well as a public version for up to 80 players that will occur on rotation every two hours.?”

My thoughts on this is that it’s like a Battle for Lion’s arch map in LW season 1 where x amount of people can join in and fight the end boss battle together. It could be a different area than what we are used to, but it’s not going to be an explorable map. After the “event” is over, it will be instanced and reduced down to party size probably so it’s replayable anytime. This is to make it replayable in the future unlike The Battle for Lion’s Arch which is not playable again.

@Betaraptor.4075 said:Personally i 'm concerned only about two things: 1. How Primordus got shrunk so much, I loved that massive mouth we got in LS3 and here he looks tinyKralkatorrik also had multiple models of different sizes serving different purposes.Using just the jaw from Season 3 as a size reference, a full body model would simply be too massive.