Need help with running GW2 on linux!

Summoning all linux savvy people who run GW2 on linux!

I'm trying to get away from Windows and decided to try Ubuntu again.

I'm a total noob more or less when it comes to linux. I can follow tutorials and wiki pages when it comes to terminal, but i have no idea how to repair and adjust something if it goes wrong...

Anyway... I first installed winehq and lutris drivers as per theese pages here:

https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

https://github.com/lutris/docs/blob/master/InstallingDrivers.md

I have an AMD card, so i did the thing it said to do with AMD.

At first i had all sorts of dependencies problems but that's another issue, it turned out my local server isn't maintaining repositories at all, or i had a corrupt Ubuntu install. After a fresh install it worked.

Next, i installed Lutris and used their 5 star runner to install GW2.

Now begin the problems...

First, this appeared when trying to run GW2:

spacer.png

So after a lot of "what do i do" i tried winetricks and installed that d3d9.dll. No idea why that changed it because lutris comes with its own wine stuff but ok... After that, this particular error went away, only to be replaced with a NEW error:

C3SO4FE.png

Nice...

And the game was installed, installer works, there was nothing new to download, it just kept giving me this error.

Then i tried another DXVK version in lutris game properties. And from all the available versions, only 1.4.6, the oldest one works. :classic_sad:

And it's not working great.

The game is stuttering and running at 25 FPS at best, it's even worse than in unpatched Windows (no d912pxy).

I read somewhere i should install DXVK async, but found out it's abandoned and baked in to newer DXVK verisons...

But i can't run newer DXVK versions for some reason.

Please help me, i'm losing my mind here! How do i make the game use newer DXVK version?

Do i even have those installed? Cause i'm not entirely sure about that either! How do i check?

I set DXVK_HUD parameter to FPS and nothing happens. It's like i'm not using DXVK at all!

I'm obviously a big noob here, so forgive me for not knowing this stuff.

Just tell me what terminal output you need to see, i'll post it.

How can i check that i'm using it? And how do i use the latest version?

Another issue is that i have to use Wine versionj "lutris-5.7-11-x86_64" provided by lutris because if i use newer ones i can't log in.

Is this the problem too? Something connected with DXVK? Or does WINE version not matter?

Please help! I wanna stay on Linux, but GW2 is the only game i play. It doesn't have to run amazing, just comparable to how it did on Windows so it's not stuttering all the time...

There's another problem, i'm getting MASSIVE input lag in WvW when there's other players around. It's unplayable. :classic_sad:

Can someone please help? I'll have to go back to Windows if i can't fix this...

I don't think the game is using DXVK at all... No HUD, performance is bad, idk what's happening...

there is another thread:

just download his package, unpack, go inside, run setup.sh, lean back, enjoy. For stuff like futex2 you need a custom kernel. Not recommended for a newbie.

For most people it really is that simple. If you are not using nvidia that is.

For wvw: low or lowest model setting, set you GPU clocks to high, set your CPU gov to performance. 

• Like 1

In fact Ubuntu made it really easy. There's an option when you're doing a fresh install, I think called (install additional components from third parties (2 options while installing if I remember correctly, the one below download updates while installing)). Once it's installed you shouldn't do anything more than get Lutris, install the first gw2 option change to tweaked wine 5.7.11 from Lutris and play. (the other steps should be optional, it used to be harder but know you only need that).

If you are finding it hard, I recommend the same Vahn told you. Just a little thing, I used to have issues a while ago while installing wine. It looks like something really fool, but when you're adding the architecture, try not leaving a blank space at the end (I don't know why, but this has really caused me huge headaches, then you update and upgrade packages)

In case this don't work, you can try to run another game, just to be safe your graphic drivers are working correctly. There are other ways but this is a simple one.

The login issues are correct, right now I don't have the source, but it's a bug known to be fixed on the future wine version. By now the best option if you're running it through Lutris would be using their tweaked version 5.7.11.

If you install all drivers it should work. Sometimes I feel like video tutorials are easier for me, you could try with this one using your specs:

I used to be a huge Ubuntu fan long time ago, but the last time I used it, it felt really buggy to me. So if you feel it really hard to make it work for gaming, I would suggest to try Pop OS.

It comes prepared with drivers and it works really well out of the box (make sure you don't get the NVIDIA iso since you're AMD):

https://pop.system76.com/

I hope you can fix it! 2 years without Windows here, it's another world :)!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

there is another thread:

just download his package, unpack, go inside, run setup.sh, lean back, enjoy. For stuff like futex2 you need a custom kernel. Not recommended for a newbie.

For most people it really is that simple. If you are not using nvidia that is.

For wvw: low or lowest model setting, set you GPU clocks to high, set your CPU gov to performance. 

I tried his method, this is what i get when i try to run the game.

Launcher works fine, but when i hit play:

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, Minux.2416 said:

In fact Ubuntu made it really easy. There's an option when you're doing a fresh install, I think called (install additional components from third parties (2 options while installing if I remember correctly, the one below download updates while installing)). Once it's installed you shouldn't do anything more than get Lutris, install the first gw2 option change to tweaked wine 5.7.11 from Lutris and play. (the other steps should be optional, it used to be harder but know you only need that).

If you are finding it hard, I recommend the same Vahn told you. Just a little thing, I used to have issues a while ago while installing wine. It looks like something really fool, but when you're adding the architecture, try not leaving a blank space at the end (I don't know why, but this has really caused me huge headaches, then you update and upgrade packages)

In case this don't work, you can try to run another game, just to be safe your graphic drivers are working correctly. There are other ways but this is a simple one.

The login issues are correct, right now I don't have the source, but it's a bug known to be fixed on the future wine version. By now the best option if you're running it through Lutris would be using their tweaked version 5.7.11.

If you install all drivers it should work. Sometimes I feel like video tutorials are easier for me, you could try with this one using your specs:

I used to be a huge Ubuntu fan long time ago, but the last time I used it, it felt really buggy to me. So if you feel it really hard to make it work for gaming, I would suggest to try Pop OS.

It comes prepared with drivers and it works really well out of the box (make sure you don't get the NVIDIA iso since you're AMD):

https://pop.system76.com/

I hope you can fix it! 2 years without Windows here, it's another world :)!

I watched that exact video, used lutris, but it's like it's not using DXVK at all...

The only DXVK version that works is an old one, and NOT the one that lutris uses for GW2 by default...

But i'll try Pop OS if i can't get it to work here... Thank you!

EDIT:

Jeez, missed responding to most of the post...

The only other game i have installed right now is Minecraft and that works just fine. I had to install ORacle java but after that, it works as it did on Windows. So i assume the drivers are ok based on that right?

I mean, the Ubuntu interface is kinda laggy and choppy, especially when you press the show all applications buton, but idk, don't think that's really related if i can play a game. Even GW2 "works" but works horible, so there's definitely 3D output going on, even if it's bad.

And yes, i hope i can fix it. This is the only game i play, and if i want to switch to linux full time, i have to get it working.

There's other stuff i want to use linux for, but if i can't get GW2 to work, i won't even attempt to get the other stuff working. Gaming first right? lol...

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1

first of all, use lutris' logging console or use the terminal so you can see what's going on.

11 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

But i'll try Pop OS if i can't get it to work here... Thank you!

PopOS would mostly be the same experience to Ubuntu because it's based on Ubuntu.

13 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I don't think the game is using DXVK at all... No HUD, performance is bad, idk what's happening...

19 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

First, this appeared when trying to run GW2:

these two issues i believe it's your wineprefix that's the issue. if you're using lutris then somehow it's not automatically replacing the directx libraries in syswow64 and system32 folders.

if you're on Ubuntu, install wineHQ's wine-staging package (not wine-stable) make sure it's version 6.7 (the current latest) by running:

wine64 --version

in your terminal. the output should be

wine-6.7 (Staging)

after confirming that, double check and install AMD's drivers: https://github.com/lutris/docs/blob/master/InstallingDrivers.md in addition to this also install vulkan-tools via

sudo apt install vulkan-tools

check if you can properly render with vulkan by using the commands

vulkaninfo --summary
vkcube

vulkaninfo should report your AMD gpu as the primary output/render device GPU0. if not, then you need to double check your install and make sure stuff runs and uses your AMD card properly first before attempting to try gw2.

after which assuming all dependencies are met, i'd recommend manually setting up the prefix yourself. delete any previous prefixes and go to terminal and type

WINEARCH=win64 WINEPREFIX=~/gw2 wineboot

in one line. this will create a gw2 folder in your home folder for the prefix. download the latest DXVK from github: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases and extract them unto any temporary folder. copy all the dlls from x32 and paste them to your gw2 prefix's syswow64 folder. copy all the dlls from x64 and paste them into your gw2 prefix's system32 folder. (you can also just use the install script that's included that comes with dxvk to your prefix but you may want to know how it's done manually) gw2 is easy to install as it doesnt require special use of winetricks unlike other games and works with the default libraries provided.

if you have a gw2 installation backed up somewhere paste it into your manually generated prefix's drive_c. if not download the installer from the website, create a "GuildWars2" folder in your prefix's drive_c and put the installer there and then attempt to patch or login to gw2 by using your system installed wine.

WINEARCH=win64 WINEPREFIX=~/gw2 wine64 /path/to/gw2-64.exe(or the setup.exe)

check for any errors but if you followed the above properly and have all dependencies and drivers met (for best results make sure all your windows stuff is inside the prefix and run from within the prefix and that your install folder does not have any spaces in it's name for easier typing into terminal, if anything in your path has a space in it, enclose the whole path with double quotes " " ), you shouldn't run into any issues whatsoever. DXVK would print it's logging information if you have it setup properly beginning with the lines:

info:  Game: Gw2-64.exe
info:  DXVK: v1.8.1

if it doesnt do that then add DXVK_LOG_LEVEL=info to the above command in between the wine envars and wine64 -- if it still doesnt do that then you've made a mistake somewhere when trying to install dxvk

after you verify it's installed and running you can add additional performance stuff such as DXVK_HUD=fps and WINEESYNC=1 to your wine64 command for gw2 to launch the game with ESYNC rather than server-sync for better performance.  if all's well and good, you can create a bash script that does all of these for you and just launch that from terminal. if you're not keen on creating a script you can just use lutris from hereon to take over and make it point to the prefix and GW2's .exe manually (by manually adding a game instead of using it's scripts to install one). and select lutris 5.7 or your system wine (under runners) to run the game. i'd still recommend you run it manually (via a script you made yourself) though but using tools made for convenience is fine.

finally i'd recommend you join Lutris' discord and the Gaming on Linux discord to seek help with setting up linux games even if you get GW2 running properly (and especially if you keep running into issues) as more experienced linux users can pitch in and assist you there incase you run into issues or if you need help installing a different game on wine.

Edited by Astyrah.4015
  • Thanks 1

Here's the output from terminal for various stuff:

Wine64 --version

wine-6.7 (Staging)

lutris output when running (not playing game):

2021-05-01 15:43:23,621: Initializing lutris
2021-05-01 15:43:24,206: Downloading DXVK releases to /home/vepar/.local/share/lutris/runtime/dxvk/dxvk_versions.json
2021-05-01 15:43:24,207: Runtime updated. Initialization complete.
2021-05-01 15:43:24,208: Lutris 0.5.8.3
2021-05-01 15:43:24,208: Running AMD Mesa driver 21.2.0 on AMD BONAIRE (DRM 2.50.0, 5.8.0-50-generic, LLVM 12.0.0) (0x6658)
2021-05-01 15:43:24,209: GPU: 1002:6658 174B:E258 (radeon drivers)
Running gamemoderun /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine /home/vepar/Games/guild-wars-2/drive_c/Program Files/Guild Wars 2/GW2-64.exe -autologin
Initial process has started with pid 11317
Start monitoring process.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
esync: up and running.
2021-05-01 15:44:01,130: Game still running (state: running)
2021-05-01 15:44:01,130: Stopping Guild Wars 2 (wine)
2021-05-01 15:44:07,818: Shutting down Lutris

Btw, the game started crashing when i tried to install the newest DXVK with

export WINEPREFIX=/path/to/.wine-prefix
./setup_dxvk.sh install

4 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

are you sure that you have a 3d capable driver installed?

What hardware? Drivers?

AMD Phenom II 1090T X6 3.2GHz

AMD Radeon R7 260x 1 GB

8 GB RAM

SSD

Driver is i think (judging from lutris) AMD Mesa driver 21.2.0 (see console output above).

AS for it being 3D capable, well, it runs Minecraft... VKcube also pops up and spinning, and that's a test if vulkan works i presume, so it should work.

10 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

lutris output when running (not playing game):

do you have "Use System Libraries" set to ON in your System Options (inside the runner configuration for gw2)?

also on your Runner Options look for "Output debugging info" and set it to "Inherit from environment" or "Enabled" this should enabled logging.

try running gw2 again and check for errors

33 minutes ago, Astyrah.4015 said:

do you have "Use System Libraries" set to ON in your System Options (inside the runner configuration for gw2)?

also on your Runner Options look for "Output debugging info" and set it to "Inherit from environment" or "Enabled" this should enabled logging.

try running gw2 again and check for errors

I don't have "Use" system libraries, i have "perfer" system libraries. It's set to ON.

This is the log (i think) from running GW2.

It won't go past login anymore though...

Running gamemoderun /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine /home/vepar/Games/guild-wars-2/drive_c/Program Files/Guild Wars 2/GW2-64.exe -autologin
Initial process has started with pid 11826
002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk wine-staging  is a testing version containing experimental patches.
002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
0068:fixme:font:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
0088:fixme:font:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
0060:fixme:font:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
002c:fixme:font:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
00c0:fixme:font:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
0024:fixme:font:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
0104:fixme:font:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
0104:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0104:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0000000000120000 0 000000000011FD60 4 stub
0104:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0000000001B00000 0 000000000011FD40 4 stub
0104:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0000000001B00000 1 0000000000000000 0 stub
0108:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (00000000023BFE10 0000000000000000): stub
010c:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (00000000024CFE10 0000000000000000): stub
0104:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0104:fixme:gameux:GameExplorerImpl_VerifyAccess (00000000027B9650, L"C:\\Program Files\\Guild Wars 2\\GW2-64.exe", 000000000011F1D0)
0144:fixme:msctf:ThreadMgr_ActivateEx Unimplemented flags 0x4
010c:fixme:server:invoke_system_apc syscall frame changed in APC function, frame (nil), saved_frame 0x24cfad0.
0144:err:module:import_dll Library d3d9.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Guild Wars 2\\bin64\\CoherentUI64.dll") not found

I think i messed this up beyond recognition lol. Maybe i should just reinstall everything and try from scratch?

25 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I think i messed this up beyond recognition lol. Maybe i should just reinstall everything and try from scratch?

based on your log for some reason lutris' scripts is not loading even the basic wined3d (direct3d to opengl) from your prefix:

0144:err:module:import_dll Library d3d9.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Guild Wars 2\\bin64\\CoherentUI64.dll") not found

with that error, dxvk definitely wont run as well (as you mentioned you did install via script).

what you can try:

let's try to resolve this error first (it's not that mandatory but it's better to have a cleaner log):

0104:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.

do a

sudo apt install winbind

then you can try placing d3d9.dll from x64 folder of your dxvk release archive to your gw2's bin64 folder and force wine to load it with the WINEDLLOVERRIDES = "d3d9=n,b" environment variable. try running it also with DXVK_LOG_LEVEL = "info" environment variable to enabled dxvk's logs. (set your env vars under System Options inside the runner) -- this is all not normal behaviour btw, and we're just doing this bit just to force a workaround and make wine see a d3d9 library -- test and see what happens

all that said:

i still suggest trying a "manual everything" method: create the prefix manually install dxvk manually and run wine with gw2 from the terminal without lutris (you can use your own script to run wine).

Edited by Astyrah.4015
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Astyrah.4015 said:

based on your log for some reason lutris' scripts is not loading even the basic wined3d (direct3d to opengl) from your prefix:

with that error, dxvk definitely wont run as well (as you mentioned you did install via script).

what you can try:

let's try to resolve this error first (it's not that mandatory but it's better to have a cleaner log):

do a

sudo apt install winbind

then you can try placing d3d9.dll from x64 folder of your dxvk release archive to your gw2's bin64 folder and force wine to load it with the WINEDLLOVERRIDES = "d3d9=n,b" environment variable. try running it also with DXVK_LOG_LEVEL = "info" environment variable to enabled dxvk's logs. (set your env vars under System Options inside the runner) -- this is all not normal behaviour btw, and we're just doing this bit just to force a workaround and make wine see a d3d9 library -- test and see what happens

all that said:

i still suggest trying a "manual everything" method: create the prefix manually install dxvk manually and run wine with gw2 from the terminal without lutris (you can use a script).

Still not working. Lutris still gives "install cannot be completed" error and this log:

Initial process has started with pid 16388
002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk wine-staging  is a testing version containing experimental patches.
002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
0104:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0000000000120000 0 000000000011FD60 4 stub
0104:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0000000001B00000 0 000000000011FD40 4 stub
0104:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0000000001B00000 1 0000000000000000 0 stub
0108:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (00000000023BFE10 0000000000000000): stub
010c:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (00000000024CFE10 0000000000000000): stub
0110:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (00000000025DFE10 0000000000000000): stub
0104:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0104:fixme:gameux:GameExplorerImpl_VerifyAccess (0000000002BEFFA0, L"C:\\Program Files\\Guild Wars 2\\GW2-64.exe", 000000000011F1D0)
0148:fixme:msctf:ThreadMgr_ActivateEx Unimplemented flags 0x4
010c:fixme:server:invoke_system_apc syscall frame changed in APC function, frame (nil), saved_frame 0x24cfad0.
0164:fixme:font:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
0164:fixme:font:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
0164:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 00000000 1 00000000 0 stub
0164:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 00000000 1 00000000 0 stub
0164:fixme:nls:RtlGetThreadPreferredUILanguages 00000038, 027CF6F4, 00000000 027CF6F0
0164:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x38 027CF6F4 00000000 027CF6F0) returning a dummy value (current locale)
0164:fixme:nls:RtlGetThreadPreferredUILanguages 00000038, 027CF6F4, 03C56B80 027CF6F0
0164:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x38 027CF6F4 03C56B80 027CF6F0) returning a dummy value (current locale)
0164:fixme:winsock:WSALookupServiceBeginW (0x27cf760 0x00000ff0 0x27cf7a8) Stub!
0164:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x27cf638, overlapped 0x3c5ed08): stub
0164:fixme:service:I_ScRegisterDeviceNotification Notification filters are not yet implemented.
0164:fixme:service:I_ScRegisterDeviceNotification Notification filters are not yet implemented.
0164:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
01a0:fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW (00495320, 024EF248, {3dada31d-19ef-4dc1-b345-037927193422}, 1, 024A4F04, (null), (null), 024EF260): stub
01a0:fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW   register trace class {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
0164:fixme:winsock:WSALookupServiceBeginW (0x27cdc70 0x00000ff0 0x27cdcb8) Stub!
01c4:fixme:font:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
01c4:fixme:font:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
01c4:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 00000000 1 00000000 0 stub
01c4:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 00000000 1 00000000 0 stub
01c4:fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW (00495320, 024EF248, {3dada31d-19ef-4dc1-b345-037927193422}, 1, 024A4F04, (null), (null), 024EF260): stub
01c4:fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW   register trace class {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
01c4:fixme:gdi:GdiInitializeLanguagePack stub
01a8:fixme:winsock:WSALookupServiceBeginW (0x4d3f5b8 0x00000ff0 0x4d3f600) Stub!
01b8:fixme:file:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
01a8:fixme:server:invoke_system_apc syscall frame changed in APC function, frame (nil), saved_frame 0x4d3f8c4.
017c:err:esync:__esync_wait_objects Polling on fd 154 returned 0x20.
017c:err:esync:__esync_wait_objects Polling on fd 162 returned 0x20.
017c:err:esync:__esync_wait_objects Polling on fd 163 returned 0x20.
0164:fixme:iphlpapi:CancelIPChangeNotify (overlapped 0x3c5ed08): stub
017c:err:esync:__esync_wait_objects Polling on fd 83 returned 0x20.
017c:err:esync:__esync_wait_objects Polling on fd 56 returned 0x20.
0164:fixme:ntdll:EtwUnregisterTraceGuids deadbeef: stub
0148:fixme:nvapi:unimplemented_stub function 0x2dc95125 is unimplemented!
0148:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_services_CreateInstanceEnum unsupported flags 0x00000030
0148:fixme:wbemprox:enum_class_object_Next timeout not supported
0148:fixme:dxdiag:vendor_id_to_manufacturer_string Unknown PCI vendor ID 0x10005.
0148:fixme:ddraw:ddraw7_Initialize Ignoring guid {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}.
0148:fixme:dxdiag:vendor_id_to_manufacturer_string Unknown PCI vendor ID 0x10005.
0148:fixme:ddraw:ddraw7_Initialize Ignoring guid {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}.
0148:fixme:nvapi:unimplemented_stub function 0x2dc95125 is unimplemented!
0148:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_services_CreateInstanceEnum unsupported flags 0x00000030
0148:fixme:wtsapi:WTSRegisterSessionNotification Stub 000000000008006C 0x00000000
0148:fixme:msctf:ThreadMgr_ActivateEx Unimplemented flags 0x4
0148:fixme:msctf:ContextOwnerCompositionServices_TerminateComposition STUB:(000000000B936E30) 0000000000000000
0148:fixme:nvapi:unimplemented_stub function 0xbe7692ec is unimplemented!
WARNING: lavapipe is not a conformant vulkan implementation, testing use only.
../src/gallium/frontends/lavapipe/lvp_device.c:1178: VK_ERROR_FEATURE_NOT_PRESENT
../src/gallium/frontends/lavapipe/lvp_device.c:1178: VK_ERROR_FEATURE_NOT_PRESENT
0148:fixme:nvapi:unimplemented_stub function 0xbe7692ec is unimplemented!
Monitored process exited.
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)
All monitored processes have exited.
Exit with returncode 0

I installed winbind and manually moved the .dll like you said.

I also tried running it from the .exe directly, and wine outputed this log:

info:  Game: GW2-64.exe
info:  Found config file: dxvk.conf
info:  Effective configuration:
info:    dxvk.enableAsync = true
info:  Built-in extension providers:
info:    Win32 WSI
info:    OpenVR
info:    OpenXR
info:  OpenVR: could not open registry key, status 2
warn:  OpenVR: Failed to locate module
info:  Enabled instance extensions:
info:    VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2
info:    VK_KHR_surface
info:    VK_KHR_win32_surface
warn:  D3D9: VK_FORMAT_D16_UNORM_S8_UINT -> VK_FORMAT_D24_UNORM_S8_UINT
warn:  D3D9: VK_FORMAT_A4R4G4B4_UNORM_PACK16_EXT -> VK_FORMAT_B4G4R4A4_UNORM_PACK16
info:  llvmpipe (LLVM 12.0.0, 128 bits):
info:    Driver: 0.0.1
info:    Vulkan: 1.1.177
info:    Memory Heap[0]: 
info:      Size: 2048 MiB
info:      Flags: 0x1
info:      Memory Type[0]: Property Flags = 0xf
warn:  D3D9: VK_FORMAT_A4R4G4B4_UNORM_PACK16_EXT -> VK_FORMAT_B4G4R4A4_UNORM_PACK16
info:  Process set as DPI aware
info:  Device properties:
info:    Device name:     : llvmpipe (LLVM 12.0.0, 128 bits)
info:    Driver version   : 0.0.1
info:  Enabled device extensions:
info:    VK_EXT_custom_border_color
info:    VK_EXT_extended_dynamic_state
info:    VK_EXT_host_query_reset
info:    VK_EXT_shader_stencil_export
info:    VK_EXT_shader_viewport_index_layer
info:    VK_EXT_transform_feedback
info:    VK_EXT_vertex_attribute_divisor
info:    VK_KHR_create_renderpass2
info:    VK_KHR_draw_indirect_count
info:    VK_KHR_driver_properties
info:    VK_KHR_image_format_list
info:    VK_KHR_sampler_mirror_clamp_to_edge
info:    VK_KHR_swapchain
info:  Device features:
info:    robustBufferAccess                     : 1
info:    fullDrawIndexUint32                    : 1
info:    imageCubeArray                         : 1
info:    independentBlend                       : 1
info:    geometryShader                         : 1
info:    tessellationShader                     : 0
info:    sampleRateShading                      : 1
info:    dualSrcBlend                           : 0
info:    logicOp                                : 0
info:    multiDrawIndirect                      : 0
info:    drawIndirectFirstInstance              : 0
info:    depthClamp                             : 1
info:    depthBiasClamp                         : 1
info:    fillModeNonSolid                       : 1
info:    depthBounds                            : 0
info:    multiViewport                          : 1
info:    samplerAnisotropy                      : 1
info:    textureCompressionBC                   : 1
info:    occlusionQueryPrecise                  : 1
info:    pipelineStatisticsQuery                : 1
info:    vertexPipelineStoresAndAtomics         : 1
info:    fragmentStoresAndAtomics               : 0
info:    shaderImageGatherExtended              : 0
info:    shaderStorageImageExtendedFormats      : 1
info:    shaderStorageImageReadWithoutFormat    : 0
info:    shaderStorageImageWriteWithoutFormat   : 1
info:    shaderClipDistance                     : 1
info:    shaderCullDistance                     : 1
info:    shaderFloat64                          : 0
info:    shaderInt64                            : 0
info:    variableMultisampleRate                : 0
info:  VK_EXT_4444_formats
info:    formatA4R4G4B4                         : 0
info:    formatA4B4G4R4                         : 0
info:  VK_EXT_custom_border_color
info:    customBorderColors                     : 1
info:    customBorderColorWithoutFormat         : 1
info:  VK_EXT_depth_clip_enable
info:    depthClipEnable                        : 0
info:  VK_EXT_extended_dynamic_state
info:    extendedDynamicState                   : 1
info:  VK_EXT_host_query_reset
info:    hostQueryReset                         : 1
info:  VK_EXT_memory_priority
info:    memoryPriority                         : 0
info:  VK_EXT_robustness2
info:    robustBufferAccess2                    : 0
info:    robustImageAccess2                     : 0
info:    nullDescriptor                         : 0
info:  VK_EXT_shader_demote_to_helper_invocation
info:    shaderDemoteToHelperInvocation         : 0
info:  VK_EXT_transform_feedback
info:    transformFeedback                      : 0
info:    geometryStreams                        : 0
info:  VK_EXT_vertex_attribute_divisor
info:    vertexAttributeInstanceRateDivisor     : 1
info:    vertexAttributeInstanceRateZeroDivisor : 0
info:  Queue families:
info:    Graphics : 0
info:    Transfer : 0
err:   DxvkAdapter: Failed to create device

There's a repeating err: DxvkAdapter: Failed to create device

At this point, since i messed with probably 5 different auto and manual methods, i think it would be best if i just scrapped everything and tried again from scratch.

Should i use your method in the previous post to install everything with lutris again?

Or the one  from @ArmoredVehicle.2849 with the script?

Cause i don't really know how to "manually" install stuff, or how to create prefix manuall or install DXVK manually.

Also, i'm fairly certain this has something to do with Ubuntu... I installed it twice now. First time i couldn't even install WineHQ, lutris or its drivers or anything because i was getting broken dependancies. Then i installed it again (and switched repository server to US) and then it worked but apparently, something else might be wrong as well... Maybe i should try a different distro, maybe even Pop (even if it's based on ubuntu, it might be still different enough)...

Edited by Veprovina.4876

2 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Maybe i should try a different distro, maybe even Pop (even if it's based on ubuntu, it might be still different enough)...

sure you can try. PopOS is good and so is Linux Mint. one thing good about PopOS is that it comes preinstalled with a lot of gaming packages (including steam) so that might be a plus for you.

3 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Cause i don't really know how to "manually" install stuff,

then this is what  ArmoredVehicles 's package is good for. don't worry about it though this isnt about skill we're just trying to find a solution for you. and that package is meant as a ready to use solution. if you wish to try a new distro then do it and go for AV's gw2 package with a fresh install 🙂

looking back at your log i see something:

dxvk is not loading your GPU

what is the output of your

vulkaninfo --summary

we may yet salvage your situation

Edited by Astyrah.4015

4 minutes ago, Astyrah.4015 said:

sure you can try. PopOS is good and so is Linux Mint. one thing good about PopOS is that it comes preinstalled with a lot of gaming packages (including steam) so that might be a plus for you.

then this is what  ArmoredVehicles 's package is good for. don't worry about it though this isnt about skill we're just trying to find a solution for you. and that package is meant as a ready to use solution. if you wish to try a new distro then do it and go for AV's gw2 package with a fresh install 🙂

Ok! I'll do a fresh install then and use ArmoredVehicle's package instead of lutris. :classic_smile:

Just now, Astyrah.4015 said:

looking back at your log i see something:

dxvk is not loading your GPU

What does that mean exactly? I mean, i looked it up, it should be vulkan capable and i used DXVK on Windows before, loaded up the HUD and everything so it's clearly capable of running vulkan.

is in your DXVK log which means it's not selecting the proper device to run vulkan with

run

vulkaninfo --summary

and give me the list of GPU's it prints out

2 minutes ago, Astyrah.4015 said:

is in your DXVK log which means it's not selecting the proper device to run vulkan with

run

vulkaninfo --summary

and give me the list of GPU's it prints out

vulkaninfo -summary doesn't work, but vulkaninfo (without any adds) does:

ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : loader_get_json: Failed to open JSON file amd_icd32.json
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : loader_get_json: Failed to open JSON file amd_icd64.json
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvulkan_lvp.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvulkan_intel.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvulkan_radeon.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvulkan_virtio.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : terminator_CreateInstance: Failed to CreateInstance in ICD 1.  Skipping ICD.
==========
VULKANINFO
==========

Vulkan Instance Version: 1.2.131

Instance Extensions: count = 18
====================
	VK_EXT_acquire_xlib_display            : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_debug_report                    : extension revision 10
	VK_EXT_debug_utils                     : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_direct_mode_display             : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_display_surface_counter         : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_device_group_creation           : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_display                         : extension revision 23
	VK_KHR_external_fence_capabilities     : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_external_memory_capabilities    : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_external_semaphore_capabilities : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_get_display_properties2         : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2 : extension revision 2
	VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2       : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_surface                         : extension revision 25
	VK_KHR_surface_protected_capabilities  : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_wayland_surface                 : extension revision 6
	VK_KHR_xcb_surface                     : extension revision 6
	VK_KHR_xlib_surface                    : extension revision 6

Layers: count = 0
=======
Presentable Surfaces:
=====================
GPU id : 0 (llvmpipe (LLVM 12.0.0, 128 bits)):
	Surface types: count = 2
		VK_KHR_xcb_surface
		VK_KHR_xlib_surface
	Formats: count = 2
		SurfaceFormat[0]:
			format = FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_SRGB
			colorSpace = COLOR_SPACE_SRGB_NONLINEAR_KHR
		SurfaceFormat[1]:
			format = FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM
	Present Modes: count = 4
		PRESENT_MODE_IMMEDIATE_KHR
		PRESENT_MODE_MAILBOX_KHR
		PRESENT_MODE_FIFO_KHR
		PRESENT_MODE_FIFO_RELAXED_KHR
	VkSurfaceCapabilitiesKHR:
	-------------------------
		minImageCount       = 3
		maxImageCount       = 0
		currentExtent:
			width  = 256
			height = 256
		minImageExtent:
			width  = 256
			height = 256
		maxImageExtent:
			width  = 256
			height = 256
		maxImageArrayLayers = 1
		supportedTransforms:
			SURFACE_TRANSFORM_IDENTITY_BIT_KHR
		currentTransform:
			SURFACE_TRANSFORM_IDENTITY_BIT_KHR
		supportedCompositeAlpha:
			COMPOSITE_ALPHA_OPAQUE_BIT_KHR
			COMPOSITE_ALPHA_INHERIT_BIT_KHR
		supportedUsageFlags:
			IMAGE_USAGE_TRANSFER_SRC_BIT
			IMAGE_USAGE_TRANSFER_DST_BIT
			IMAGE_USAGE_SAMPLED_BIT
			IMAGE_USAGE_STORAGE_BIT
			IMAGE_USAGE_COLOR_ATTACHMENT_BIT
	VkSurfaceCapabilities2EXT:
	--------------------------
		supportedSurfaceCounters:
			None
	VkSurfaceProtectedCapabilitiesKHR:
	----------------------------------
		supportsProtected = false

Groups:
=======
	Device Group Properties (Group 0):
		physicalDeviceCount: count = 1
			llvmpipe (LLVM 12.0.0, 128 bits) (ID: 0)
		subsetAllocation = 0

Device Group Present Capabilities (Group 0):
		Can present images from the following devices:
		Present modes:
			DEVICE_GROUP_PRESENT_MODE_LOCAL_BIT_KHR

Device Properties and Extensions:
=================================
GPU0:
VkPhysicalDeviceProperties:
---------------------------
	apiVersion     = 4198577 (1.1.177)
	driverVersion  = 1 (0x0001)
	vendorID       = 0x10005
	deviceID       = 0x0000
	deviceType     = PHYSICAL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU
	deviceName     = llvmpipe (LLVM 12.0.0, 128 bits)

VkPhysicalDeviceLimits:
-----------------------
	maxImageDimension1D                             = 16384
	maxImageDimension2D                             = 16384
	maxImageDimension3D                             = 4096
	maxImageDimensionCube                           = 32768
	maxImageArrayLayers                             = 2048
	maxTexelBufferElements                          = 134217728
	maxUniformBufferRange                           = 65536
	maxStorageBufferRange                           = 134217728
	maxPushConstantsSize                            = 128
	maxMemoryAllocationCount                        = 4294967295
	maxSamplerAllocationCount                       = 32768
	bufferImageGranularity                          = 0x00000040
	sparseAddressSpaceSize                          = 0x00000000
	maxBoundDescriptorSets                          = 8
	maxPerStageDescriptorSamplers                   = 32
	maxPerStageDescriptorUniformBuffers             = 16
	maxPerStageDescriptorStorageBuffers             = 16
	maxPerStageDescriptorSampledImages              = 128
	maxPerStageDescriptorStorageImages              = 16
	maxPerStageDescriptorInputAttachments           = 8
	maxPerStageResources                            = 128
	maxDescriptorSetSamplers                        = 32768
	maxDescriptorSetUniformBuffers                  = 256
	maxDescriptorSetUniformBuffersDynamic           = 256
	maxDescriptorSetStorageBuffers                  = 256
	maxDescriptorSetStorageBuffersDynamic           = 256
	maxDescriptorSetSampledImages                   = 256
	maxDescriptorSetStorageImages                   = 256
	maxDescriptorSetInputAttachments                = 256
	maxVertexInputAttributes                        = 32
	maxVertexInputBindings                          = 32
	maxVertexInputAttributeOffset                   = 2047
	maxVertexInputBindingStride                     = 2048
	maxVertexOutputComponents                       = 128
	maxTessellationGenerationLevel                  = 64
	maxTessellationPatchSize                        = 32
	maxTessellationControlPerVertexInputComponents  = 128
	maxTessellationControlPerVertexOutputComponents = 128
	maxTessellationControlPerPatchOutputComponents  = 128
	maxTessellationControlTotalOutputComponents     = 4096
	maxTessellationEvaluationInputComponents        = 128
	maxTessellationEvaluationOutputComponents       = 128
	maxGeometryShaderInvocations                    = 32
	maxGeometryInputComponents                      = 64
	maxGeometryOutputComponents                     = 128
	maxGeometryOutputVertices                       = 1024
	maxGeometryTotalOutputComponents                = 1024
	maxFragmentInputComponents                      = 128
	maxFragmentOutputAttachments                    = 8
	maxFragmentDualSrcAttachments                   = 2
	maxFragmentCombinedOutputResources              = 8
	maxComputeSharedMemorySize                      = 32768
	maxComputeWorkGroupCount: count = 3
	maxComputeWorkGroupInvocations                  = 1024
	maxComputeWorkGroupSize: count = 3
	subPixelPrecisionBits                           = 8
	subTexelPrecisionBits                           = 8
	mipmapPrecisionBits                             = 8
	maxDrawIndexedIndexValue                        = 4294967295
	maxDrawIndirectCount                            = 4294967295
	maxSamplerLodBias                               = 16
	maxSamplerAnisotropy                            = 16
	maxViewports                                    = 16
	maxViewportDimensions: count = 2
	viewportBoundsRange: count = 2
	viewportSubPixelBits                            = 0
	minMemoryMapAlignment                           = 64
	minTexelBufferOffsetAlignment                   = 0x00000010
	minUniformBufferOffsetAlignment                 = 0x00000010
	minStorageBufferOffsetAlignment                 = 0x00000010
	minTexelOffset                                  = -32
	maxTexelOffset                                  = 31
	minTexelGatherOffset                            = -32
	maxTexelGatherOffset                            = 31
	minInterpolationOffset                          = -2
	maxInterpolationOffset                          = 2
	subPixelInterpolationOffsetBits                 = 8
	maxFramebufferWidth                             = 16384
	maxFramebufferHeight                            = 16384
	maxFramebufferLayers                            = 2048
	framebufferColorSampleCounts:
		SAMPLE_COUNT_1_BIT
		SAMPLE_COUNT_4_BIT
	framebufferDepthSampleCounts:
		SAMPLE_COUNT_1_BIT
		SAMPLE_COUNT_4_BIT
	framebufferStencilSampleCounts:
		SAMPLE_COUNT_1_BIT
		SAMPLE_COUNT_4_BIT
	framebufferNoAttachmentsSampleCounts:
		SAMPLE_COUNT_1_BIT
		SAMPLE_COUNT_4_BIT
	maxColorAttachments                             = 8
	sampledImageColorSampleCounts:
		SAMPLE_COUNT_1_BIT
		SAMPLE_COUNT_4_BIT
	sampledImageIntegerSampleCounts:
		SAMPLE_COUNT_1_BIT
		SAMPLE_COUNT_4_BIT
	sampledImageDepthSampleCounts:
		SAMPLE_COUNT_1_BIT
		SAMPLE_COUNT_4_BIT
	sampledImageStencilSampleCounts:
		SAMPLE_COUNT_1_BIT
		SAMPLE_COUNT_4_BIT
	storageImageSampleCounts:
		SAMPLE_COUNT_1_BIT
		SAMPLE_COUNT_4_BIT
	maxSampleMaskWords                              = 1
	timestampComputeAndGraphics                     = true
	timestampPeriod                                 = 1
	maxClipDistances                                = 8
	maxCullDistances                                = 8
	maxCombinedClipAndCullDistances                 = 8
	discreteQueuePriorities                         = 2
	pointSizeRange: count = 2
	lineWidthRange: count = 2
	pointSizeGranularity                            = 0.125
	lineWidthGranularity                            = 0
	strictLines                                     = false
	standardSampleLocations                         = true
	optimalBufferCopyOffsetAlignment                = 0x00000080
	optimalBufferCopyRowPitchAlignment              = 0x00000080
	nonCoherentAtomSize                             = 0x00000040

VkPhysicalDeviceSparseProperties:
---------------------------------
	residencyStandard2DBlockShape            = false
	residencyStandard2DMultisampleBlockShape = false
	residencyStandard3DBlockShape            = false
	residencyAlignedMipSize                  = false
	residencyNonResidentStrict               = false

VkPhysicalDeviceDriverPropertiesKHR:
------------------------------------
	driverID           = UNKNOWN_VkDriverId
	driverName         = llvmpipe
	driverInfo         = Mesa 21.2.0-devel (git-eb6d990 2021-05-01 focal-oibaf-ppa) (LLVM 12.0.0)
	conformanceVersion = 1.0.0.0

VkPhysicalDeviceIDProperties:
-----------------------------
	deviceUUID      = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
	driverUUID      = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
	deviceNodeMask  = 0
	deviceLUIDValid = false

VkPhysicalDeviceMaintenance3Properties:
---------------------------------------
	maxPerSetDescriptors    = 1024
	maxMemoryAllocationSize = 0x80000000

VkPhysicalDeviceMultiviewProperties:
------------------------------------
	maxMultiviewViewCount     = 6
	maxMultiviewInstanceIndex = 2147483647

VkPhysicalDevicePointClippingProperties:
----------------------------------------
	pointClippingBehavior = POINT_CLIPPING_BEHAVIOR_ALL_CLIP_PLANES

VkPhysicalDeviceProtectedMemoryProperties:
------------------------------------------
	protectedNoFault = false

VkPhysicalDevicePushDescriptorPropertiesKHR:
--------------------------------------------
	maxPushDescriptors = 32

VkPhysicalDeviceSamplerFilterMinmaxPropertiesEXT:
-------------------------------------------------
	filterMinmaxSingleComponentFormats = true
	filterMinmaxImageComponentMapping  = true

VkPhysicalDeviceSubgroupProperties:
-----------------------------------
	subgroupSize              = 4
	supportedStages:
		SHADER_STAGE_FRAGMENT_BIT
		SHADER_STAGE_COMPUTE_BIT
		SHADER_STAGE_ALL_GRAPHICS
		SHADER_STAGE_ALL
	supportedOperations:
		SUBGROUP_FEATURE_BASIC_BIT
		SUBGROUP_FEATURE_VOTE_BIT
		SUBGROUP_FEATURE_ARITHMETIC_BIT
		SUBGROUP_FEATURE_BALLOT_BIT
	quadOperationsInAllStages = false

VkPhysicalDeviceTransformFeedbackPropertiesEXT:
-----------------------------------------------
	maxTransformFeedbackStreams                = 4
	maxTransformFeedbackBuffers                = 4
	maxTransformFeedbackBufferSize             = 0xffffffff
	maxTransformFeedbackStreamDataSize         = 512
	maxTransformFeedbackBufferDataSize         = 512
	maxTransformFeedbackBufferDataStride       = 512
	transformFeedbackQueries                   = true
	transformFeedbackStreamsLinesTriangles     = false
	transformFeedbackRasterizationStreamSelect = false
	transformFeedbackDraw                      = true

VkPhysicalDeviceVertexAttributeDivisorPropertiesEXT:
----------------------------------------------------
	maxVertexAttribDivisor = 4294967295

Device Extensions: count = 48
------------------
	VK_EXT_calibrated_timestamps          : extension revision 2
	VK_EXT_conditional_rendering          : extension revision 2
	VK_EXT_custom_border_color            : extension revision 12
	VK_EXT_extended_dynamic_state         : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_host_query_reset               : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_index_type_uint8               : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_post_depth_coverage            : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_private_data                   : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_provoking_vertex               : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_sampler_filter_minmax          : extension revision 2
	VK_EXT_scalar_block_layout            : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_shader_stencil_export          : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_shader_viewport_index_layer    : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_transform_feedback             : extension revision 1
	VK_EXT_vertex_attribute_divisor       : extension revision 3
	VK_GOOGLE_decorate_string             : extension revision 1
	VK_GOOGLE_hlsl_functionality1         : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_16bit_storage                  : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_8bit_storage                   : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_bind_memory2                   : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_buffer_device_address          : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_copy_commands2                 : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_create_renderpass2             : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_dedicated_allocation           : extension revision 3
	VK_KHR_descriptor_update_template     : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_device_group                   : extension revision 4
	VK_KHR_draw_indirect_count            : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_driver_properties              : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_external_fence                 : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_external_memory                : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_external_semaphore             : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_get_memory_requirements2       : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_image_format_list              : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_imageless_framebuffer          : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_incremental_present            : extension revision 2
	VK_KHR_maintenance1                   : extension revision 2
	VK_KHR_maintenance2                   : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_maintenance3                   : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_multiview                      : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_push_descriptor                : extension revision 2
	VK_KHR_relaxed_block_layout           : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_sampler_mirror_clamp_to_edge   : extension revision 3
	VK_KHR_shader_atomic_int64            : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_shader_draw_parameters         : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_storage_buffer_storage_class   : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_swapchain                      : extension revision 70
	VK_KHR_uniform_buffer_standard_layout : extension revision 1
	VK_KHR_variable_pointers              : extension revision 1

VkQueueFamilyProperties:
========================
	queueProperties[0]:
	------------------
		minImageTransferGranularity = (1,1,1)
		queueCount                  = 1
		queueFlags                  = QUEUE_GRAPHICS | QUEUE_COMPUTE | QUEUE_TRANSFER
		timestampValidBits          = 64
		present support:
			VK_KHR_xcb_surface  = true
			VK_KHR_xlib_surface = true

VkPhysicalDeviceMemoryProperties:
=================================
memoryHeaps: count = 1
	memoryHeaps[0]:
		size   = 2147483648 (0x80000000) (2.00 GiB)
		budget = 65280
		usage  = 65280
		flags:
			MEMORY_HEAP_DEVICE_LOCAL_BIT
memoryTypes: count = 1
	memoryTypes[0]:
		heapIndex     = 0
		propertyFlags = 0x000f:
			MEMORY_PROPERTY_DEVICE_LOCAL_BIT
			MEMORY_PROPERTY_HOST_VISIBLE_BIT
			MEMORY_PROPERTY_HOST_COHERENT_BIT
			MEMORY_PROPERTY_HOST_CACHED_BIT
		usable for:
			IMAGE_TILING_OPTIMAL: color images, FORMAT_D16_UNORM, FORMAT_X8_D24_UNORM_PACK32, FORMAT_D32_SFLOAT, FORMAT_S8_UINT, FORMAT_D24_UNORM_S8_UINT, FORMAT_D32_SFLOAT_S8_UINT
			IMAGE_TILING_LINEAR: color images

VkPhysicalDeviceFeatures:
=========================
	robustBufferAccess                      = true
	fullDrawIndexUint32                     = true
	imageCubeArray                          = true
	independentBlend                        = true
	geometryShader                          = true
	tessellationShader                      = true
	sampleRateShading                       = true
	dualSrcBlend                            = true
	logicOp                                 = true
	multiDrawIndirect                       = true
	drawIndirectFirstInstance               = true
	depthClamp                              = true
	depthBiasClamp                          = true
	fillModeNonSolid                        = true
	depthBounds                             = false
	wideLines                               = false
	largePoints                             = true
	alphaToOne                              = true
	multiViewport                           = true
	samplerAnisotropy                       = false
	textureCompressionETC2                  = false
	textureCompressionASTC_LDR              = false
	textureCompressionBC                    = true
	occlusionQueryPrecise                   = true
	pipelineStatisticsQuery                 = true
	vertexPipelineStoresAndAtomics          = true
	fragmentStoresAndAtomics                = true
	shaderTessellationAndGeometryPointSize  = true
	shaderImageGatherExtended               = true
	shaderStorageImageExtendedFormats       = false
	shaderStorageImageMultisample           = true
	shaderStorageImageReadWithoutFormat     = false
	shaderStorageImageWriteWithoutFormat    = true
	shaderUniformBufferArrayDynamicIndexing = false
	shaderSampledImageArrayDynamicIndexing  = false
	shaderStorageBufferArrayDynamicIndexing = false
	shaderStorageImageArrayDynamicIndexing  = false
	shaderClipDistance                      = true
	shaderCullDistance                      = true
	shaderFloat64                           = true
	shaderInt64                             = true
	shaderInt16                             = true
	shaderResourceResidency                 = false
	shaderResourceMinLod                    = false
	sparseBinding                           = false
	sparseResidencyBuffer                   = false
	sparseResidencyImage2D                  = false
	sparseResidencyImage3D                  = false
	sparseResidency2Samples                 = false
	sparseResidency4Samples                 = false
	sparseResidency8Samples                 = false
	sparseResidency16Samples                = false
	sparseResidencyAliased                  = false
	variableMultisampleRate                 = false
	inheritedQueries                        = false

VkPhysicalDevice16BitStorageFeatures:
-------------------------------------
	storageBuffer16BitAccess           = true
	uniformAndStorageBuffer16BitAccess = true
	storagePushConstant16              = true
	storageInputOutput16               = false

VkPhysicalDevice8BitStorageFeaturesKHR:
---------------------------------------
	storageBuffer8BitAccess           = true
	uniformAndStorageBuffer8BitAccess = true
	storagePushConstant8              = true

VkPhysicalDeviceBufferDeviceAddressFeaturesKHR:
	bufferDeviceAddress              = true
	bufferDeviceAddressCaptureReplay = false
	bufferDeviceAddressMultiDevice   = false

VkPhysicalDeviceConditionalRenderingFeaturesEXT:
------------------------------------------------
	conditionalRendering          = true
	inheritedConditionalRendering = false

VkPhysicalDeviceHostQueryResetFeaturesEXT:
	hostQueryReset = true

VkPhysicalDeviceImagelessFramebufferFeaturesKHR:
------------------------------------------------
	imagelessFramebuffer = true

VkPhysicalDeviceIndexTypeUint8FeaturesEXT:
	indexTypeUint8 = true

VkPhysicalDeviceMultiviewFeatures:
----------------------------------
	multiview                   = true
	multiviewGeometryShader     = true
	multiviewTessellationShader = true

VkPhysicalDeviceProtectedMemoryFeatures:
----------------------------------------
	protectedMemory = false

VkPhysicalDeviceSamplerYcbcrConversionFeatures:
	samplerYcbcrConversion = false

VkPhysicalDeviceScalarBlockLayoutFeaturesEXT:
---------------------------------------------
	scalarBlockLayout = true

VkPhysicalDeviceShaderAtomicInt64FeaturesKHR:
	shaderBufferInt64Atomics = true
	shaderSharedInt64Atomics = true

VkPhysicalDeviceShaderDrawParametersFeatures:
	shaderDrawParameters = true

VkPhysicalDeviceTransformFeedbackFeaturesEXT:
	transformFeedback = true
	geometryStreams   = true

VkPhysicalDeviceUniformBufferStandardLayoutFeaturesKHR:
-------------------------------------------------------
	uniformBufferStandardLayout = true

VkPhysicalDeviceVariablePointersFeatures:
-----------------------------------------
	variablePointersStorageBuffer = true
	variablePointers              = false

VkPhysicalDeviceVertexAttributeDivisorFeaturesEXT:
--------------------------------------------------
	vertexAttributeInstanceRateDivisor     = true
	vertexAttributeInstanceRateZeroDivisor = false

14 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

vulkaninfo -summary doesn't work

it's two dashes "--" but yeah vulkaninfo works too it's just too long.

i see your issue now

VK_KHR_xcb_surface
		VK_KHR_xlib_surface
		SurfaceFormat[0]:
		SurfaceFormat[1]:
		PRESENT_MODE_MAILBOX_KHR
		PRESENT_MODE_FIFO_KHR

LLVMPIPE is a CPU to render device (software rendering basically) which explains why vkcube was able to run (but i bet it wasnt spinning mad/ hyper fast) and why you were able to run minecraft (openGL-software) nowhere in your vulkaninfo output lists your R7 260x radeon GPU. this is the reason why DXVK fails and gw2 crashes

doing a bit of googling myself it seems you need to use the AMDGPU drivers instead of MESA.

see these both for more info and a solution (latter) in getting amdgpu to run:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/hhs7lo/r7_260x_vulkan_on_ubuntu_2004_doesnt_work/

and

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1266616/how-can-i-use-amdgpu-instead-of-radeon-drivers-on-20-04

Edited by Astyrah.4015
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Astyrah.4015 said:

it's two dashes "--" but yeah vulkaninfo works too it's just too long.

i see your issue now

VK_KHR_xcb_surface
		VK_KHR_xlib_surface
		SurfaceFormat[0]:
		SurfaceFormat[1]:
		PRESENT_MODE_MAILBOX_KHR
		PRESENT_MODE_FIFO_KHR

LLVMPIPE is a CPU to render device (software rendering basically) which explains why vkcube was able to run (but i bet it wasnt spinning mad/fast) and why you were able to run minecraft (openGL-software) nowhere in your vulkaninfo output lists your R7 260x radeon GPU.

doing a bit of googling myself it seems you need to use the AMDGPU drivers instead of MESA.

see these both for more info and a solution (latter) in getting amdgpu to run:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/hhs7lo/r7_260x_vulkan_on_ubuntu_2004_doesnt_work/

and

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1266616/how-can-i-use-amdgpu-instead-of-radeon-drivers-on-20-04

Well the cube was spinning really fast, but that's beside the point, i get what you're saying now...

The problem is - i installed the latest AMDGPU drivers before and Ubuntu wouldn't even run at all, the GUI crashed and it was just black. I had to go to recovery console to purge them and replace them with the default ones.

I think the newest drivers no longer support my gfx card, so i either have to find an older version that does, or just accept i won't be running GW2 on linux anytime soon. :classic_sad:

I'll take a look at the links you sent me, see if i can manage to install proprietary AMD drivers.

If not, i guess it's back to windows and d912pxy for me...

EDIT: Also, thank you SO much for your time and help! Appreciate it! 🙂

Edited by Veprovina.4876

from my google searches it seems that particular line of GPUs have driver and render issues but can be fixed with a little (up to a lot) of tinkering. i do read newer kernel versions have better support for your particular GPU (linux 5.9 and up) and iirc Ubuntu LTS (20.04) is still on the old 5.8 kernel (we're currently on 5.12 now) you can check this with the command

uname -r

also side note fwiw, your GPU is internally named something like and should appear similarly in vulkaninfo if drivers are properly installed:

[AMD/ATI] Bonaire XTX [Radeon R7 260X/360]

where bonaire is the chipset family.

few things you can try:

- the solution i mentioned above on my previous reply

- install a newer kernel (no need to reformat): an easy one to use is XanMod https://xanmod.org/ and do a sudo update&upgrade before and after install. instructions are on the website.

- try a different distro like Manjaro (since you're on AMD anyway) they have custom packages (which can break especially for Nvidia) but may work for you since Arch Linux and the distros based on it like Manjaro generally favor AMD hardware.

- if all else fails. there's no harm in using windows if all your work and gaming can be done there... maybe come back to linux sometime later in the future with better hardware. for all things linux is really great for, it is not a perfect OS just like windows and mac, and the people who say otherwise are wrong. and if you're up for an upgrade someday and giving linux another try, the GPU a lot of people start off with for gaming, at the bare minimum usually is the POLARIS family (AMD RX460~RX580~etc.)

Edited by Astyrah.4015
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Astyrah.4015 said:

from my google searches it seems that particular line of GPUs have driver and render issues but can be fixed with a little (up to a lot) of tinkering. i do read newer kernel versions have better support for your particular GPU (linux 5.9 and up) and iirc Ubuntu LTS (20.04) is still on the old 5.8 kernel (we're currently on 5.12 now) you can check this with the command

uname -r

also side note fwiw, your GPU is internally named something like and should appear similarly in vulkaninfo if drivers are properly installed:

[AMD/ATI] Bonaire XTX [Radeon R7 260X/360]

where bonaire is the chipset family.

few things you can try:

- the solution i mentioned above on my previous reply

- install a newer kernel (no need to reformat): an easy one to use is XanMod https://xanmod.org/ and do a sudo update&upgrade before and after install. instructions are on the website.

- try a different distro like Manjaro (since you're on AMD anyway) they have custom packages (which can break especially for Nvidia) but may work for you since Arch Linux and the distros based on it like Manjaro generally favor AMD hardware.

- if all else fails. there's no harm in using windows if all your work and gaming can be done there... maybe come back to linux sometime later in the future with better hardware. for all things linux is really great for, it is not a perfect OS just like windows and mac, and the people who say otherwise are wrong. and if you're up for an upgrade someday and giving linux another try, the GPU a lot of people start off with for gaming, at the bare minimum usually is the POLARIS family (AMD RX460~RX580~etc.)

Yes, thank you!

Well, at least we figured out what the problem was! 😃

And you're right, i'm on an older kernel still:

5.8.0-50-generic

I'll try the things you mentioned, starting with a new install (does Pop have a newer kernel?) and maybe try Manjaro as well.

If i can't get it to work, then yes, back to Windows. I was hoping i would be able to switch to linux fully this time, but i guess it's not in the (graphics) cards yet lol. 😛

Thank you for your help again! 😃

11 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I'll try the things you mentioned, starting with a new install (does Pop have a newer kernel?) and maybe try Manjaro as well

check to see if PopOS has been rebased to Ubuntu 21.04 (which is on the 5.11 kernel) the Pop website doesnt really say but i think it's still on 20.10 which might be on 5.9, you can check if you run it as a live environment before installing OR you can also just proceed with the install regardless and just install XanMod on top of PopOS to get the latest one in. in this case, treat installing a kernel as part of the "installing my drivers" phase

11 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Thank you for your help again!

you're welcome and goodluck! let us know of your results and if you ever manage to get it running.

Edited by Astyrah.4015
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Astyrah.4015 said:

check to see if PopOS has been rebased to Ubuntu 21.04 (which is on the 5.11 kernel) the Pop website doesnt really say but i think it's still on 20.10 which might be on 5.9, you can check if you run it as a live environment before installing OR you can also just proceed with the install regardless and just install XanMod on top of PopOS to get the lastest one in. in this case, treat installing a kernel as part of the "installing my drivers" phase

you're welcome and goodluck! let us know of your results and if you ever manage to get it running.

The one from the site is still 20.10, that's the one i downloaded. But yeah, i can just pop a new kernel in like you described.

Well, i'm off to tinker some more, i'll see how it goes!

After i'm done i'll post here what happened.

Before i start reinstalling, i found this:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-prorad-lin-18-20

Those are the ones that seem to support my GPU.

But they're for Ubuntu 18.04.

Can i install them in newer ubuntu versions or even a different distro like Pop? Or do i need the specific ones that are for the distro version i'm using? @Astyrah.4015

Edited by Veprovina.4876

4 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Can i install them in newer ubuntu versions or even a different distro like Pop? Or do i need the specific ones that are for the distro version i'm using?

i would like to point out that AMDGPU and AMDGPU-Pro are different, the former is the opensource drivers (just like Mesa) and the latter is proprietary (just like the windows drivers) so they may run and you can try, generally speaking they should still work and if stuff breaks you're dead set to re-format anyway.

for stuff made for Ubuntu or Debian, anything made for these will generally work the same way on distros based on them (like Pop, Linux Mint, Kubuntu, etc.)

but stuff made for Arch or only available on the Arch repositories for example only work on Arch and Arch-based distros like Manjaro, Endeavour. in this case you need to find a different solution based on your distro (and there usually is after you do a bit of googling)