Is thief more of a hindrance than benefit?

NorthernRedStar.3054

With side node duelists being too tanky for thief to take on 1v1, and their mobility being nearly on par, what role does thief serve in the PvP scene? Aside from being an occasional counter-pick?

After the next patch (May 11th), neither power nor condi thief will have sufficient kittenmage output to kill anyone on their own. And that would be fine if thief also wasn't the realistically squishiest clkitten by a mile while also being matched in terms of mobility by revenants, holosmith and mirage - all of whom provide superior utility and burst by comparison, and synergize better with a shoutguard or scourge.

Is competitive thief dying? It's already dead in higher end PvE.

There are many players around average rating that can't deal with the constant teleporting and stealthing of Thieves.

Thief might not be doing too well against top-end players, but those are a minority of the players in PvP.

Edited by Fueki.4753

you should go ask the 4 d/p daredevil thief players in top 10 rating pvp, while the game has 9 classes.

if you don't know the name,

shorts plays thief

binster plays thief

zenyus plays thief

jaden plays thief.

if having 4 out of top 10 playing thief and every single top team of the last mAT having thief. is not a sign of something i dont know what else is.

Edited by felix.2386

8 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

you should go ask the 4 d/p daredevil thief players in top 10 rating pvp, while the game has 9 classes.

if you don't know the name,

shorts plays thief

binster plays thief

zenyus plays thief

jaden plays thief.

if having 4 out of top 10 playing thief and every single top team of the last mAT having thief. is not a sign of something i dont know what else is.

Just cuz a class is useful or effective doesn't mean that its broken or op, if u start seeing multiple classes every match especially of the same build than yeah starts to make u wonder why there's 4 of the same class/builds in every match. With thief 2 on the same team is a hindrance more often than not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

After the next patch (May 11th), neither power nor condi thief will have sufficient kittenmage output to kill anyone on their own.

I don't see any thief damage nerfs besides restructuring Torment.

8 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Missed the Bewildering Ambush change?

Repeater and pistol autos both stack Bleeding, though. The new gimmick trait takes away your Confusion burst but also increases the *damage* (not just duration!) of every Bleed. Plus they do give you 10% duration worth of free Expertise.

There are barely any changes at all to power thief builds.

With the boon reapplication I think that stealing them isnt really stealing as is it is copying. We want to steal something and KEEP IT? let it be the boon we steal. LOCK the opponent out of that boon so no one can re-apply it similar to how bubble warrior can do in the area, we have the technology to make it happen.

An example of what I expect:

Steal: Shadowstep and steal from your target. Boons stolen from target are locked and target cannot receive that boon from any source until you use a stolen skill.

Deadeyes mark would also use this and all traits that steal boons will benefit from this. Making thief deadly