Did this really need it's own category?

Perhaps? While the GW2 discussion might have been fine, there would be festival threads mixed in with general game discussion when people may have specific questions on just what is happening with a festival or how to do something.

The festival might not be new to you or myself, and new players may not even be on the forums to begin with. Still, we shouldn't assume that every single thing is meant for veteran players.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Unless there are some big plans to improve festival content in the works then I have to agree with OP on what the point of this category is.. I fail to see it.

14 hours ago, rrusse.7058 said:

Perhaps? While the GW2 discussion might have been fine, there would be festival threads mixed in with general game discussion when people may have specific questions on just what is happening with a festival or how to do something.

The festival might not be new to you or myself, and new players may not even be on the forums to begin with. Still, we shouldn't assume that every single thing is meant for veteran players.

Fair points, though I would think any questions etc about this stuff would be far easier to obtain in game..
My experience with festivals at least has always seen the chat full of questions and helpful answers.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 1

I just want some of the small stuff from Guild Wars 1.... 

It's the small things that made it so much fun for festivals, holidays and seasons. 

Quit throwing everything in a tiny section of DR and forgetting to do any noticeable updates every year...

Clovers and Sham Rock Ale drops  for  St. Patricks Day  "Lucky Treats Week"

Chocolate Bunnies and Golden Eggs for Easter week "Sweet Treats Week"

Hard Apple Cider and Pumpkin Pie  for thanksgiving week  "Special Treats Week" 

Fkn Talk Like a Pirate week where every npc talked like a pirate 

I know its not a big deal, but it was always nice to hop in and farm those unique items during that time period. 

Just more smaller stuff between the bigger stuff will be great! 

Why not? I mean it's nice to see things more in order with new categories added. 
Still the new layout is kind of confusing along with new functions but I'm surprised to new stuff being added like the roleplay one for example. In that case everything has its order and people can find posts belonging to a certain thing more easily now. 

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2021 at 12:08 PM, Bristingr.5034 said:

The events are so far in-between and so little changes in them every year.

This category was primarily because of a vocal minority who complained about being inconvenienced for 2-3 weeks of the year during Halloween.

Nevermind.  For some reason I thought you meant the LFG and not the subforum.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396