The Censor List Has Gone Mad

One additional problem i see is that the filter works differently than on the old forum. Instead of changing only the display of the kittenized words, it changes them in the post itself. Which means, if there's a problem with filter, then (even if it gets fixed eventually) the fix won't be applied retroactively.

I haven't checked yet if the filter got applied to all the old forum posts. If it did, then we're probably left now with thousands of mangled posts, with no real way to fix the damage.

• Like 1

• ArenaNet Staff
4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

One additional problem i see is that the filter works differently than on the old forum. Instead of changing only the display of the kittenized words, it changes them in the post itself. Which means, if there's a problem with filter, then (even if it gets fixed eventually) the fix won't be applied retroactively.

I haven't checked yet if the filter got applied to all the old forum posts. If it did, then we're probably left now with thousands of mangled posts, with no real way to fix the damage.

Okay last thing and then I swear I'm wrapping up for the night. I've got a note to check on this first thing Monday morning. 

• Thanks 1

I'm playing a new forum game called: guess the absolutely shouldn't be censored word.

Challenge for anyone: find the real word that constructs the highest number of kittenkittenkittenkitten... results. You're not allowed any breaks between the kittens and no letters must appear between the kittens.