What's Your Thoughts on Changes to Rev Regarding May 11 Patch Notes for PvP?

Jaykay.9641

Enormous, much needed change to Retribution which I have been asking for awhile now. 
They may have changed the names around and stuff, but it is now more in line with what I envisioned Retribution to be played :
Dodge roll for Retal(Resolution), gain damage reduction and deal more damage while having the boon. 

I'll definitely change up my Core builds to suit this playstyle. 

Sustain will be worse for Mallyx users, but is not like resistance was already strong after being capped at PvP to 1.5 seconds lasting  x each 30-40 energy spent in a skill. Condi amage will be a bit worse in PvP but hiher in PvE (why?).

On the other hand the changes open the door to stronger builds using retribution and mixing Jalis, including core Rev. By the way this weekend I replaced a unused character making a third Rev and for unlocking the Herald and Renegade specs I did chose to play the whole HoT and PoF maps using a core Rev (90% of the time with a power build, 10% a condi build) just with exotics and no runes and crushed trough the content (full specs unlocked in 8 hours with no deaths). Felt solid, way better than in the past (probably the changes will made the core Rev a better PvP build than the Renegade, imo).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Sustain will be worse for Mallyx users, but is not like resistance was already strong after being capped at PvP to 1.5 seconds lasting  x each 30-40 energy spent in a skill. Condi amage will be a bit worse in PvP but hiher in PvE (why?).

On the other hand the changes open the door to stronger builds using retribution and mixing Jalis, including core Rev. By the way this weekend I replaced a unused character making a third Rev and for unlocking the Herald and Renegade specs I did chose to play the whole HoT and PoF maps using a core Rev (90% of the time with a power build, 10% a condi build) just with exotics and no runes and crushed trough the content (full specs unlocked in 8 hours with no deaths). Felt solid, way better than in the past (probably the changes will made the core Rev a better PvP build than the Renegade, imo).

Hi, would you link me the build for unlocking Herald and Rev pls?

TY

On 5/2/2021 at 6:13 AM, Yasai.3549 said:

Enormous, much needed change to Retribution which I have been asking for awhile now. 
They may have changed the names around and stuff, but it is now more in line with what I envisioned Retribution to be played :
Dodge roll for Retal(Resolution), gain damage reduction and deal more damage while having the boon. 

I'll definitely change up my Core builds to suit this playstyle. 

I really like the changes to retribution as well. getting resolution (aka retal) from dodge roll + resolution from dodge roll on Renegade as well in addition to 6s baseline resolution from elite skill usage will give serious uptime on the new boon. Great news for my WvW condi ren build (not meta but its fun).

Combining that with condition damage reduction skills rev has (Kalla heal, vengful hammer, RotGD) might be able to just face tank condi dmg if you dont get boon stripped.

15 hours ago, haenz.9578 said:

Hi, would you link me the build for unlocking Herald and Rev pls?

TY

Did use this for the whole HoT maps and PoF Hero Points:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZldQMsGqj5QcsHyj9RksAigl+U16H-zRQUR0xkgBA-e

...Except for 3 Hero Points in which switched to condis:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkexzldQIsGSi5QRsHCi9RgsASgjsSfqC-zRRYcJbywKBvHA-e

Sigils of force and precission (which came with the 80 booster) and with condi did take advantage of torment + malice and a unused ascended trailblazer armor with tormenting runes. As I said, 90% of the time was core power with no runes (currently using cheap Melandru ones on him). Today I completed Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood Coast in exotics with no problems. My only two deaths in 18 hours were due environment hazards (moving sands) not paying attention while riding on my pets. Core Rev used to be very lacking compared to Herald, but I found that currently is very solid and fun to use, and to some extent Jalis is a great replacement for Glint because a lot of foes in the expansion and Living World maps have tons of cc and defiant bars, and Inspiring Reinforcement gives plenty of stab and between Forced Engagement and Surge of the Mist they end on their knees in no time.

6 hours ago, Ertrak.9506 said:

I really like the changes to retribution as well. getting resolution (aka retal) from dodge roll + resolution from dodge roll on Renegade as well in addition to 6s baseline resolution from elite skill usage will give serious uptime on the new boon. Great news for my WvW condi ren build (not meta but its fun).

Combining that with condition damage reduction skills rev has (Kalla heal, vengful hammer, RotGD) might be able to just face tank condi dmg if you dont get boon stripped.

Ever since PoF was released it's been possible to stack up to 105% Condition Damage Reduction which equal into immunity. The boon is a nice but non mandatory addition to achieve, especially when giving up on DBT or Planar Protection while after Soothing Stone you wouldn't want to have conditions on yourself for a bit.

2 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Did use this for the whole HoT maps and PoF Hero Points:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZldQMsGqj5QcsHyj9RksAigl+U16H-zRQUR0xkgBA-e

...Except for 3 Hero Points in which switched to condis:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkexzldQIsGSi5QRsHCi9RgsASgjsSfqC-zRRYcJbywKBvHA-e

Sigils of force and precission (which came with the 80 booster) and with condi did take advantage of torment + malice and a unused ascended trailblazer armor with tormenting runes. As I said, 90% of the time was core power with no runes (currently using cheap Melandru ones on him). Today I completed Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood Coast in exotics with no problems. My only two deaths in 18 hours were due environment hazards (moving sands) not paying attention while riding on my pets. Core Rev used to be very lacking compared to Herald, but I found that currently is very solid and fun to use, and to some extent Jalis is a great replacement for Glint because a lot of foes in the expansion and Living World maps have tons of cc and defiant bars, and Inspiring Reinforcement gives plenty of stab and between Forced Engagement and Surge of the Mist they end on their knees in no time.

Yeah, I agree with you. Core Jalis/Mallyx Condi or Jalis/Shiro Power both feel really wonderful for open world play. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

A message from the Guild Wars 2 Systems Team:

Last week we posted a preview of the May 11 Skills and balance update and have since been keeping a close eye on the discussions (and memes) regarding the planned changes. Now that we’ve had time to read and discuss your feedback, we want to share some of our observations and the changes we’re making as a result. This goes without saying, but we do truly appreciate the feedback and your passion for the game!

Most notably, we’ve seen concerns that Firebrand will negatively impact group composition diversity – especially in Fractals. We’ve also observed that Condition Firebrand is an outlier as a condition build with the ability to deal burst damage nearly as fast as power build, largely due to the current functionality of Ashes of the Just, which would lead to it ‘double dipping’ from the changes to the Exposed boss debuff. Finally, there have been some good questions about how the Firebrand trait ‘Weighty Terms’ will function with mantras, Ranger’s ‘Clarion Bond’, and concerns about Condition Revenant builds outperforming in PvE with the changes to Torment.

After taking the time to investigate these concerns, we have prepared the following changes and clarifications for the May 11 Balance Update.

Guardian

Firebrand

• Ashes of the Just: Now may only activate and consume a stack with an interval of once per second.
  • Chapter 2: Igniting Burst: PvE only changes - Burning stacks applied reduced from 2 to 1. Base duration of Burning increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Weighty Terms: Now occurs on any Mantra use, not only the final charge. Now inflicts Slow instead of Immobilize. (1.5s, 10s ICD)
  • Stoic Demeanor: Now also procs on inflicting Slow.

Revenant
Corruption

• Invoke Torment: Torment stacks applied reduced from 2 to 1 in PvE only. This matches the number of stacks applied in PvP and WvW.
  • Diabolic Inferno: Poison and Burning stacks applied reduced from 2 to 1 in PvE only. This matches the number of stacks applied in PvP and WvW.

Mace

•  Anguish Swipe: Reduce Torment duration from 5s to 3s in PvE only.
  • Misery Swipe: Reduce Torment duration from 5s to 3s in PvE only.

Legendary Demon Stance

• Pain absorption: Now also applies resolution to the caster with a duration of 5 seconds.

Ranger

Marksmanship

• Clarion Bond: Lesser Call of the Wild does not Daze targets.

We’ll continue to monitor balance between now and End of Dragons and make additional adjustments as needed.

Until next time,

-The Guild Wars 2 Systems Team