Do we really need the see the twitter feed on the right side of EVERY page ?

I hope there will be a way to disable it as it's pretty annoying.

I actually use Twitter and I follow the GW2 account, but I want to see it when I choose to go to Twitter, not when I'm trying to read the forum.

If it was just on the main page that wouldn't be too bad but having it on every topic seems excessive. They don't even tweet that much (thankfully) so it's just the same random tweet over and over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Agree!

Don't have a Twitter and don't plan on getting any Twitter account. Really wasted space on my 1080p display (laptop) as it places itself on right side for every topics web page on this Forum and do not really have any important that I need to read every time I check out this forum content.

On mobile it is placed on the bottom so it is less distracting.

23 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I also have purged it with my ad block.

I am in favour of an official option though.

Could you, please, tell us what settings you used to enable Adstock or what kind of links that need to be added in general for other adblocking apps?

Thank you!

36 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Could you, please, tell us what settings you used to enable Adstock or what kind of links that need to be added in general for other adblocking apps?

Thank you!

I use uBlock Origin.

And with it, I can right-click elements and block them.

Using uBlock Origin, you have to block both the Twitter plug-in and the white column it's sitting on.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

I'll wait to make a separate thread so I'll necro this one. That Twitter feed is preventing each page that I've visited from jumping straight to the last post or scroll I was on before. It might be because the site is picking up on the last Twitter comment from the feed being my last spot because it's placed on top of everything on the page or something but it's annoying that it wont stay with my progress on a forum page and always jumps right to the top at the feed.