Does "Legendary armory" imply that having three sets of legendary armor (heavy, medium, light) would cover all possible professions on one's account?

5 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:
Not sure why this isn't posted on official forum

Maybe because the new forum software has just been implimented and the forum team are busy trying to calm down the kitten filter and get other stuff working? Or because they saw the question on Twitter and not here and wanted to put the answer there as well.

Either way it's good to know. I'm not that bothered about the legendary armoury because I only have a few weapons and only 1 I'm likely to share between characters, but that makes it better that it's free. If I had to pay for it I probably wouldn't get it at all. This way at least I can try it out and see how it goes.

5 minutes ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

It's just free, no scare quotes needed. 😄 

Seriously, we will talk more about how the Legendary Armory works closer to release, but there is no gem or gold cost to access or use the Legendary Armory. 

And is July 13 the actual release date? I've seen some chatter that the 13th may just be a date for more info about the Armory to be released.

You dont have to spend gems on templates either, there is no gem cost to access it or use it.

Except... well... you know...

Looking forward to hearing more though, many of my characters are collecting dust due to the hassle of templates breaking when unequipping legendaries and moving between them.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Seriously, we will talk more about how the Legendary Armory works closer to release, but there is no gem or gold cost to access or use the Legendary Armory. 

Theres no gem or gold cost to access or use the loadouts either, the problem ppl have with loadouts is that if you want to expand your pool of loadouts then they are heavily monetised (well that and bugs). This isnt answered by the tweet and its what most ppl would like to see clarified.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

What about expanding it. I am looking at those build templates 🙂

1 hour ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

That you guys, legendary are already so expensive and monetizing the armory will make it pointless and will have caused such a massive outrage in the community, can't wait to try so many build i wanted to try but didn't do since i didn't have too much time to create full ascended gimmik builds (and even actuals usful builds yes static leader i will stop using my meme builds).

The only worried thing left are the skins, will be sad if there is no way to at least put different skins on different characters (maybe even template who know for more diversity !) but that will be related to the game engine limitation and i'm not a fashion wars 2 veterans so for me the biggest problem will be monetizing.

And we will probably will learn how it's work before the release like you say 😄 (just pls no cfb doomsday in fractals for 11 may 😞 )

Edited by WindBlade.8749

1 hour ago, Shinymeta.7985 said:

Is Anet really surprised that the veteran player base has trust issues after triple monetising build templates? 

i still have pstd and even today it's a nightmare for raids builds only.... can't tell how players that play multiple gamemode (wvw and pve at the same time) do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuunes.5046 said:

The problem is that the wording you guys keep using is that the system is free to access or use. But how much of the system is free to access or use? Build templates is free to access and use, but is incredibly limited, you cannot use/access literally HALF of the available slots for ANY of it's THREE different storage elements, each requiring a SEPARE purchase for EACH INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER.

Please, be specific that the entire system will be free to use with no restrictions on all characters, or stop using vague wording to trick fools into saying that it'll be free.

i hope i'm not a fool then 😞

43 minutes ago, Sognus.1204 said:

What about expanding it. I am looking at those build templates 🙂

"Seriously, we will talk more about how the Legendary Armory works closer to release"

I mean, this sounds pretty clear to me. Asking for some "spoilers" seems pointless, we'll know the details when they come closer to the release.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"Seriously, we will talk more about how the Legendary Armory works closer to release"

I mean, this sounds pretty clear to me. Asking for some "spoilers" seems pointless, we'll know the details when they come closer to the release.

well they already said that it's will be free in a weird wordings, they should be able to make it more clear without spoiling anything.... except if of course their is a complexe monetizing behind the system like templates...

Free?

The same could technically be said:
Build Templates
Build Storage
Equipment Templates
Bag Space
Material Storage
Bank Space

But all of these systems have a baked in limit and Gemstore solution. I will very happily be proven wrong here. But if, as I have speculated all along, this includes a cosmetic loadout system that does indeed have a low threshold and gemstore solution, this is the day I will remember.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Free?

The same could technically be said:
Build Templates
Build Storage
Equipment Templates
Bag Space
Material Storage
Bank Space

But all of these systems have a baked in limit and Gemstore solution. I will very happily be proven wrong here. But if, as I have speculated all along, this includes a cosmetic loadout system that does indeed have a low threshold and gemstore solution, this is the day I will remember.

The basic system should be pretty simple. I'll have finished a set of heavy legendary armor by July 13th. If I put that set in the Armory then any level 80 heavy armor alt I have should be able to use it. One set of armor available to every eligible alt. The most obvious monetization would come if I wanted a given alt to have more builds and equipment loadouts than the free templates give, forcing me to buy more of those. I understand the suspicion voiced repeatedly in these comments. @mindcircus.1506 gave the first concrete possibility I've seen so far, cosmetic loadouts with a gem store fee for more than one or two of those. What other concrete ways are people thinking the Armory could be monetized after the "it's free" statement from Anet?

On 5/1/2021 at 1:59 AM, Chichimec.9364 said:

The basic system should be pretty simple. I'll have finished a set of heavy legendary armor by July 13th. If I put that set in the Armory then any level 80 heavy armor alt I have should be able to use it. One set of armor available to every eligible alt. The most obvious monetization would come if I wanted a given alt to have more builds and equipment loadouts than the free templates give, forcing me to buy more of those. I understand the suspicion voiced repeatedly in these comments. @mindcircus.1506 gave the first concrete possibility I've seen so far, cosmetic loadouts with a gem store fee for more than one or two of those. What other concrete ways are people thinking the Armory could be monetized after the "it's free" statement from Anet?

Look up what happened with Build "Templates". People were asking for exactly this type of logical distribution, and what did we get?

spacer.png

The best we can hope for is getting two weapon slots, two armor slots, and two trinket slots.
But it's more likely that it'll be one of each, and out of ANet's sheer magnanimous generosity we'll be getting another one AS A GIFT.

Edited by Riaenvyr.2091
Learned how to embed pictures!
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

It was obvious that it was going to be free. It doesn't make sense that it would work any differently than how templates already work.

However, it won't be worth it if you can't visually make your character look different with the legendary items than other characters. Transmuting equipment slots is the only thing that makes sense, going forward.

17 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

It was obvious that it was going to be free. It doesn't make sense that it would work any differently than how templates already work.

However, it won't be worth it if you can't visually make your character look different with the legendary items than other characters. Transmuting equipment slots is the only thing that makes sense, going forward.

Exactly. It doesn't make sense. It makes money.

Those who care for templates or legendaries are people able to derive pleasure from the game without needing to spend a single cent on it. Such people won't waste money on every new shiny appearing in the gem store, because another sparkly greatsword won't change how many people you can take on at once, or whether you can race Lord Hizen in soloing the next Fractal CM.

So they have to be taken advantage of via different means, like hyping up a feature that would make them enjoy the game even more, just as it happened with the templates... and the atrocity we HAD TO BUY instead.

I get the feeling that the Armory itself will be free, but it will also be tied into Build/Equipment Templates so it may not be COMPLETELY free, depending on how many builds and stat sets you run.

Meanwhile, I have two major questions about how the Armory will work. The first is "How will skins/upgrades for the same Legendary item across multiple characters be handled?" Since the main selling point of the Armory is that one Legendary can be shared across your entire account, it would kind of defeat the purpose if every time you changed character, you have to manually change the skins/upgrades on the item to have it suit that particular character. On the other hand, I can see how completely free changes would drastically affect the value of Transmutation Charges and the upgrade market (if all you ever need is one set of upgrades that can be freely swapped at any time, because Legendary weapons/armor could already do that, demand for various upgrades, and especially Legendary upgrades, would plummet.) Perhaps one possible way would be to implement a new kind of charge system for the Armory, one that's powered by not only Trans Charges, but also items like Obsidian Shards, Globs of Dark Matter, Balls of Dark Energy etc. These are all items that are used in crafting or salvaging Ascended items, and not likely to be things we'll need anymore once we have our Armory up and running.

The second is "What will happen to 'spare' Legendaries that aren't needed anymore?" Admittedly this will likely be a non-issue for many players, but it would mean a lot to those of us who invested a lot of money gearing up alts that we don't wind up with multiple Legendaries that will now just be gathering dust.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Thank you for the communication we appreciate it deeply

• Like 1

I'm guessing they are counting on more people crafting Legendary items and using real money to buy mats instead of grinding.

Or getting a limited number of slots with the ability to buy more.

My take on things:

Because the weapons don't have to be physically moved, when one is put into the hands of a character you can modify that "copy" however you wish for that specific character. If you have a Mesmer and Warrior that both use greatsword, each "copy" will have its own stats, infusions, sigils, etc.