Perma Condition Immunity

On 4/30/2021 at 9:43 PM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

So, Your precious resistance is getting nerfed soon.

However, I have a team-build that can grant permanent condition immunity to all conditions. The changes will in fact, make this condition immunity even better then it was prior to change.

If your a commander and want to run some builds, feel free to message me. 

Due to scrapper, warrior and others....conditions are already useless against comps, your innovation would not make that worst than already is

On 5/1/2021 at 4:43 AM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

I'm really only interested in telling people who are gonna at least attempt to run the build. It's very simple, requires practically nothing to run, just slight alterations to the meta comp really. Also it's not an exploit, but it might as well be. This is why i won't just share it with just anybody...i would like to see videos of it before it would get "fixed"

If you think it might as well be, you do know that Anet can and will ban you for doing it? 

53 minutes ago, aspirine.6852 said:

If you think it might as well be, you do know that Anet can and will ban you for doing it? 

It's not an exploit... The mechanics work 100% as intended, and they work just as I thought they would have, through an analysis of the game's mechanics.

It's like Stand The Wall's earlier comment about Perma-Distortion Mesmer Comp...it's a clever use of the game's mechanics...except this Condi-Immunity is no where near as difficult to pull off... and requires no input from your brain to work.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

% reduction is multiplicative not additive so its impossible to get 100% condition damage reduction. just FYI. 

eg if you have one trait that gives 50% damage reduction and another that gives 50% damage reduction its not 100% damage reduction its 0.50 x 0.50 = 0.25 so 75% damage reduction.  

9 minutes ago, Spartacus.3192 said:

% reduction is multiplicative not additive so its impossible to get 100% condition damage reduction. just FYI. 

eg if you have one trait that gives 50% damage reduction and another that gives 50% damage reduction its not 100% damage reduction its 0.50 x 0.50 = 0.25 so 75% damage reduction.  

Dolyak Stance works additively though. Allies could get to 100% combining that with resolution and whatever 50% reduction skill/trait they have.

20 minutes ago, Spartacus.3192 said:

I said this earlier in the thread.

Just cause you can't get 100% damage reduction doesn't mean you can't reduce condition damage you take to 0.

2 hours ago, Spartacus.3192 said:

At some point when 5 burn stacks cant even outdamage regeneration, one have to call it effectively immune.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:43 PM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

So, Your precious resistance is getting nerfed soon.

However, I have a team-build that can grant permanent condition immunity to all conditions. The changes will in fact, make this condition immunity even better then it was prior to change.

If your a commander and want to run some builds, feel free to message me. 

You know, if you have a build, here's an idea: Simply post it. Together with an explanation how it works.

Why? Because it will make the mode better for everyone. Either it works, and you can still contribute in a meaningful way to fights, and Anet will need to look at it - IMPROVING THE EXPERIENCE for everyone, or it's kitten or irrelevant, because while granting immunity, it will also reduce impact greatly, while still suffering to power damage.

But this kind of behavior, making a secret out of it? Well, everyone can draw their own conclusions.

5 minutes ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

You know, if you have a build, here's an idea: Simply post it. Together with an explanation how it works.

Why? Because it will make the mode better for everyone. Either it works, and you can still contribute in a meaningful way to fights, and Anet will need to look at it - IMPROVING THE EXPERIENCE for everyone, or it's kitten or irrelevant, because while granting immunity, it will also reduce impact greatly, while still suffering to power damage.

But this kind of behavior, making a secret out of it? Well, everyone can draw their own conclusions.

You know, I do advocate for the free-flow of information...truly I do.

Problem is that I've done this before...and what I've found, is that doesn't matter...people on this forum at least will go out of their way to tear down and explain how bad your idea is, even if you have math, even if you have images and videos, even if you have tested these mechanics to death. People will still go out of their way to say that it's not good without actually trying it, without actually putting in a concerted effort to attempt to even think about it even.

I mean one can look at my post history where I share information that many could totally use and find very useful...all the threads break down into these extremely heated arguments between people who can not stand that their current paradigm can be approached in a different way, or that the current paradigm isn't correct or well understood...even in the face of images/videos/math and every shred of evidence one can give to prove an objective point.

So ya, i'm done with that now. So far this post has proven far more effective at accomplishing something then freely sharing the information ever did...maybe it's the sensational title...maybe it's the fact I'm keeping it secret...I don't know.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

This is pretty much it. Its a clickbait title that is only followed up by "its a secret". It comes off as pretty arrogant.

And so are the responses that refuse to analyze in any critical way, the information presented (If I were to present the information freely like i've done in the past) 

In addition it's a secret because I don't want to bring it to Arenanets immediate attention. Like I mentioned already, I would like to see video's of it before it get's patched out.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

Just now, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

And so are the responses that refuse to analyze in any critical way, the information presented (If I were to present the information freely like i've done in the past) 

In addition it's a secret because I don't want to bring it to Arenanets immediate attention. Like I mentioned already, I would like to see video's of it before it get's patched out.

Ive read quite a few of your posts, and while you do make some good arguments and obviously put a lot of thought into the game, many of your arguments are flawed. When you then say things like "people refuse to analyze in a critical way" or "people go out of their way to argue even when I have math/diagrams", it sounds like you are saying people are too stupid to understand your theorycrafting and game design ideas even when they dont always make sense.

And for this specific post, something that you claim to be "perma condition immunity that is achievable by all classes and requires no input" you should be able to pretty easily prove what you are saying without much controversy.

Edited by Paradoxoglanis.1904
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Problem is that I've done this before...and what I've found, is that doesn't matter...people on this forum at least will go out of their way to tear down and explain how bad your idea is, even if you have math, even if you have images and videos, even if you have tested these mechanics to death. People will still go out of their way to say that it's not good without actually trying it, without actually putting in a concerted effort to attempt to even think about it even.

That is probably true. I just would not advise you go this route to deal with it. Rather, just, you know ....

Eis hielo ice GIF on GIFER - by Dumuro

Honestly, don't care what others think, if you know your idea is right. This is not a contest of who's right and who's right. Often enough it's simply a matter of opinion and taste. And we know how some people in the game are, just don't let it affect you. Most of them - probably none of them - really know you.

23 hours ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

That is probably true. I just would not advise you go this route to deal with it. Rather, just, you know ....

https://i.gifer.com/1Je0.gif

Honestly, don't care what others think, if you know your idea is right. This is not a contest of who's right and who's right. Often enough it's simply a matter of opinion and taste. And we know how some people in the game are, just don't let it affect you. Most of them - probably none of them - really know you.

I don't care what other people think...I just want people to run it (or at least try). These builds that are "complicated" in their nature, and involve more then 5 people... if you want to actually accomplish something more then just sharing ideas, you want those ideas to be put into application.

The main thing not to overlook here, is that people do not know how certain mechanical and mathematical things function in this game. Many people's view points are from objectively false views or information...how this information is perpetuated is usually from intuitions. People "think" skill A is better then skill b because...that's what they think. When proposed with mathematical of mechanical evidence to the contrary, there is a resistance there because most people simply can't handle when information conflicts with their intuitions, especially when the information can potentially be very complex.

When I talk about really any topic on this forum, that's what i'm dealing with...the resistance for people to even try to run something because their intuitions get in the way. I'm not saying people aren't allowed to say what they want about topics and freely discuss things...but on a personal level i'm tired of that resistence, and i want things to be put into practice...

48 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

What kind of argument is this anyway?

i mean your complaining about boonball on another thread...using your own argument against you would be like me telling you “how bout you just run meta comp”

I'm playing 20 guesses here, am I close or way off?

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what obscure combination of consumables, traits, and professions can lead to effectively immune to conditions.  The simplest explanation I can think of is that it gets damage + duration so low that autonomous sustain would render anything but a 10-1 condi bomb ineffective.  With the new update, we get

Resolution: 67% damage

Bowl of Curry Mussel Soup: 95%

Superior Rune of Hoelbrak/Stars: 90% damage, 90% duration.  

This brings it down to 57% damage, and all professions can get it.  Profession wise, the two lowest I can get are 41% or more on Engineer (assuming 5 boons), and either 30% or 19% on Revenant (With max Fervor and either Vengeful Hammers or Rite of the Great Dwarf Spam, but there's not enough energy for both).

Rev would be the closest one, but it encounters energy problems.  You can either use Mallyx to draw conditions in, or you can use Jalis for Vengeful Hammers, or you can use Jalis for Rite of the Great Dwarf.  Either way and aside from the energy, maintaining Kalla's Fervor is also going to be difficult.  

Personal Note: I wouldn't get too high on the math.  Mathematics is just a formal way of expressing the same thoughts and theories that words do.  It doesn't matter how good the numbers are if the premises they're based on are faulty.