Pristine Dragon’s Eye

Tony.8659

I was looking at the GW2 wiki  site and the recipe to craft another one is there: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordus_Left_Eye_Infusion  So the only way is to keep on doing the Dragonstorm meta over and over for a chance at a Pristine Dragon’s Eye? Will there be an option to buy it on the TP?  😀Or is it account bound? I have the right eye and it matches perfecftly, and it will go great as soon as I get my full hellfire armor. Just 332 APs left 😃One more thing if one does happen to drop from the Dragonstorm meta event will it give you an option to choose left or right? 

Edited by Tony.8659

1 hour ago, Tony.8659 said:

Will there be an option to buy it on the TP?  😀Or is it account bound?

According to GuildJen, those are tradeable. Let's hope that's true!

https://guildjen.com/2020/11/17/champions-achievements-guide/#Dragon_Eye_Infusions

1 hour ago, Tony.8659 said:

One more thing if one does happen to drop from the Dragonstorm meta event will it give you an option to choose left or right? 

I'm afraid not. 😕

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh ok, tradeable I sure hope so. I would buy if the price is right 😀

Really, no choice between left or right? 😠  Anet care to comment on that? I mean if we all have the right eye for example on a character, why can't we have a choice to choose? That would make sense.  This way makes no sense. 

3 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

They should make these account bound and increase the drop rate so people can actually get one to pair with the other eye.

Actually i think they've made the right choice, so the instance won't die in 1 month, but people can go for it like for Pinata and TD to have a chance of getting a really valuable item.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Kronos.3695 said:

Actually i think they've made the right choice, so the instance won't die in 1 month, but people can go for it like for Pinata and TD to have a chance of getting a really valuable item.

Making an item generally smooth to farm with a decent drop chance won't make the instance die. There a lot of good loot in the table to make people want to play this regularly aside from the eyes, especially if they want multiple infusions for multiple characters.

These eyes shouldn't go the way of the other infusions since you'll need up to four of them to get an esthetic versus just one extreme rare drop.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kronos.3695 said:

I just do not see the point in that.

Why would they give us an "uncomplete" infusion (one eye infusion) if the other is just an abysmally rare drop that is worth 3-10k gold?

On top of this, it may not even be the correct side that drops, as it can either be left or right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogwom.7940 said:

Why would they give us an "incomplete" infusion (one eye infusion) if the other is just an abysmally rare drop that is worth 3-10k gold?

On top of this, it may not even be the correct side that drops, as it can either be left or right.

Exactly. It's not like other infusions, so the comparison is inadequate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Laivine.9308 said:

It's is tradeable alright, the first one dropped in trading post for 10k. ☠️

WOW I just saw it now, yeah, 10K alright :( I'm 3500G short lol. Too bad it's only the right eye. We do need a choice on which eye to select once it does drop for us. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tony.8659 said:

WOW I just saw it now, yeah, 10K alright 😞 I'm 3500G short lol. Too bad it's only the right eye. We do need a choice on which eye to select once it does drop for us. 

same lol, but I would rather prioritize my gold into the new legendary weapons or many other skins rather then one small, insignificant glowing eye.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ogwom.7940 said:

I just do not see the point in that.

Why would they give us an "uncomplete" infusion (one eye infusion) if the other is just an abysmally rare drop that is worth 3-10k gold?

You're right, the only problem is that the infusion is like split in two, otherwise we weren't having this discussion i guess 🙂

But my opinion about giving a long them (or ultra rare if you want) reward to the event remains.

On 5/1/2021 at 3:04 PM, Kronos.3695 said:

why not making things rare, but rare still mean you will get it after some time, infusion right now, people having farmed everday for years and still haven't drop it... so nop nop nop.

Edited by WindBlade.8749
  • Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 8:59 PM, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

They should make these account bound and increase the drop rate so people can actually get one to pair with the other eye.

Even better, why not allow players to buy a Pristine Eye for something like, say, 500 Prismaticite Ore? Yeah, that looks like a LOT, but bear in mind you get 5 Ore per day if you have the HI node for absolutely nothing, so in 100 days (or a bit over 3 months), you get an item that's probably worth a decent bit of gold.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

Even better, why not allow players to buy a Pristine Eye for something like, say, 500 Prismaticite Ore? Yeah, that looks like a LOT, but bear in mind you get 5 Ore per day if you have the HI node for absolutely nothing, so in 100 days (or a bit over 3 months), you get an item that's probably worth a decent bit of gold.

Did you mean Prismaticite Crystal? That would be a way too cheap with 500 pieces, those crystals drops left and right in Dragon Response Missions.

13 hours ago, Ogwom.7940 said:

I would rather prioritize my gold into the new legendary weapons or many other skins rather then one small, insignificant glowing eye.

Yeah, I am considering removing the one eye - just looks silly this way 🤪 , and I am short of gold at the moment. Plus, I would never pay 10k for an infusion. 😒

• Like 1

It's now on sale, no longer 10K, it's 5,555G lol. But it's just 2 right eye's on the TP now, no left side yet. I agree with Ashantara, it does look silly on myself to, but it does match my character. I got a fire theme going on, and in game name is:  I N F E R N U S  name also matches my theme lol.  I'm 303 APs to 30k for full hellfire then I'm all set. Both of those eye infusion would be perfect with that armor. I'm just waiting to see if a left eye will be on the TP. I'm tempted but, that is a lot of gold. I have a feeling with time the infusions on the TP would probably hover around the 2k+ range. 😃

Edited by Tony.8659
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tony.8659 said:

It's now on sale, no longer 10K, it's 5,555G lol. But it's just 2 right eye's on the TP now, no left side yet. I agree with Ashantara, it does look silly on myself to, but it does match my character. I got a fire theme going on, and in game name is:  I N F E R N U S  name also matches my theme lol.  I'm 303 APs to 30k for full hellfire then I'm all set. Both of those eye infusion would be perfect with that armor. I'm just waiting to see if a left eye will be on the TP. I'm tempted but, that is a lot of gold. I have a feeling with time the infusions on the TP would probably hover around the 2k+ range. 😃

You should wait a bit. Arena may update to make them easier to access

And the price will surely drop drastically in 1 month

Edited by radda.8920

1 hour ago, radda.8920 said:

You should wait a bit. Arena may update to make them easier to access

And the price will surely drop drastically in 1 month

Probably right I will wait a bit longer, maybe Anet will look into it.

12 hours ago, demitel.1340 said:

Did you mean Prismaticite Crystal? That would be a way too cheap with 500 pieces, those crystals drops left and right in Dragon Response Missions.

I did mean the crystal/ore drops, yes. The base item that players use to craft Prismatium Ingots. The reason why I picked those is because the Ore is used in nowhere else but Ingot crafting (and to buy the Dragon Slayer recipes). In time, we will wind up with a situation where players have far more Prismaticite Ore than they could ever use. They really do need another large, long-term sink to avoid them becoming yet another dead map currency.

I actually thought about it some more last night and I think the approach should be as follows:

1. It's still a bit early to say how rare the Pristine Eye drops are from the Dragonstorm meta, but given how few of them have shown up on the TP so far, I think the drop rate should be boosted. If they are another 1 in 40,000 chance drop, chances are players will get fed up of doing the meta for such a rare drop and begin to abandon it. At the same time, make the Pristine Dragon Eyes have a merchant vendor value of 10g (and see below). This will turn the Pristine Dragon Eyes from a "jackpot" drop into a "ooh, nice bonus!" drop, even if time and market shifts turn the Dragon Eye infusions into a "meh, that's old fashion" look.

2. Players can buy one Pristine Dragon's Eye per week (month?) for 250 Prismaticite Ore + 10g. In this fashion, they work similarly to the Stabilized Prophet Crystals from strikes. It provides a straightforward, no fuss way for players to convert their Prismaticite Ore into gold, rather than the roundabout method of making Pristmatium Ingots.

3. One final option to consider is giving the player the choice of a Primordus/Jormag Eye infusion for completing the T3 Fiery/Icy Dragon Slayer weapons. These collections are extremely expensive/time-consuming to complete, and I think it would be fair to give players one infusion given that we have previous examples of rare/difficult collections rewarding infusions, such as the SAB Trib Mode collections.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 1:02 PM, Zaxares.5419 said:

this meta make farm ore easy for who have multiple alts.

33 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

this meta make farm ore easy for who have multiple alts.

Getting ore sure, but if I am understanding this meta correctly, the pristine eyes only come from the jiggling chest that is once a day, is that correct?

28 minutes ago, rrusse.7058 said:

Getting ore sure, but if I am understanding this meta correctly, the pristine eyes only come from the jiggling chest that is once a day, is that correct?

Correct yes, I guess that post was made to shoot down the one they replied to saying you should be able to buy eye crafting materials for 500 prismaticite ore.

• Like 1