Double (Elder) Dragon achievement not advancing

On 5/1/2021 at 7:26 PM, Moi.5013 said:

so I can now confirm that you HAVE to hit your special action to transfer power to Aurene for the kill to count towards the achievement.   This doesn't seem like very good design considering when you are in a full instance if you are a bit slow you wont make it to the crystal in time to even get the special action key....

I'm stuck at 6/10 for about a week now.  I'm not even slow and I touch the icon.. it starts loading and then everyone just gets jerked away before it ends.  The bar only goes about halfway and then it just stops!!

16 hours ago, Niteraven.1372 said:

I guess the only thing to do is run up and stand by the prism BEFORE they even die!  VERY VERY poor design!!

yep that what I did, I used 1 sp action break on the bosses and then ran straight to the prism and let everyone else finish breaking.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There's no bug.  As stated previously in this thread, you must use the Special Action key at the end of the event, and the Special Action must complete for credit. 

Well then that’s horrendous design and the achievement has extremely poor wording. Similar meta based achievements with similar wording in the past have never required such specific action to get credit for a 15+ minute event. They should change it (either the wording or how credit is given) on that fact alone 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, manXxon.3219 said:

Been using the special action skill on both dragons in enough runs to pretty much get all the other achievements. Still 0/10, so obviously somethings wrong with the achievement

It's not the Special Action key for both Dragons; it's the Special Action key at the very end of the event for Aurene. 

4 hours ago, manXxon.3219 said:

Been using the special action skill on both dragons in enough runs to pretty much get all the other achievements. Still 0/10, so obviously somethings wrong with the achievement

last cc phase just stay at crystal and use the special action when it pops.

• 2 months later...

I guess this bug still isn't fixed.  Just completed Dragonstorm, but the achievement count didn't progress.  I received the end chest.  I activated the last special activation skill for Aurene, though I don't think it completed the channel.  Regardless, the achievement should progress upon the award of the end chest, as is normally done.

Just bumping this up, that this bug is apparently still here on the Double (Elder) Dragon achievement.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

I did it earlier and stood next to the crystal while the group finished the cc to ensure I used it. I used it 3 times full channel just to be sure. Still 7/10. 

You used to be able to get it poped more then once maybe the fix made it not work at all if you spam it.

I always just used it one time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 6:01 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There's no bug.  As stated previously in this thread, you must use the Special Action key at the end of the event, and the Special Action must complete for credit. 

Not looking to extend this thread, but - hving just run up against this - I'd just like to put a vaguely professional perspective on it. I spent 20 years testing software for IBM, and I would most definitely have raised that as a bug if it had passed through my hands, because that's how our customers would have viewed it. It's not merely poor design (although it's definitely that as well; the two are not mutually exclusive); the achievement tells you what you have to do ("defeat Primordus and Jormag"), and that sets an expectation. Players have a right to expect that they'll get credit towards the achievement if they get credit for the event. What they actually have to do, apparently, is way more restricted, entirely non-obvious, and often near-impossible to manage. But that's GW2 for you. You could fix it by changing the code, or by changing the description - but until then, it's a bug, however you spin it.

Edited by Doghouse.1562
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

This has to be done in Story Mode.  Doing Double Dragon Achievement in raid does not count. Speak to Brek, the chopper NPC in Eye of the North.  He will offer you the raid or the story mode. (Do not take the storymode purple star, but only what is offered by clicking directly on the npc.) I was also able to do the achievements Skritt Hot and Cooler than Cool.  After the initial phase where they are fighting each other, engage both Braham and Ryland with a hit or two so that the NPC's helping you start fighting them, then take your time as you work on those achievements.  I got it in two visits doing story mode and then finished off Double Dragon as well.  Good Luck and Happy Adventures!

Edited by Tesslabon.6910
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Tesslabon.6910 said:

This has to be done in Story Mode.  Doing Double Dragon Achievement in raid does not count. Speak to Brek, the chopper NPC in Eye of the North.  He will offer you the raid or the story mode. (Do not take the storymode purple star, but only what is offered by clicking directly on the npc.) I was also able to do the achievements Skritt Hot and Cooler than Cool.  After the initial phase where they are fighting each other, engage both Braham and Ryland with a hit or two so that the NPC's helping you start fighting them, then take your time as you work on those achievements.  I got it in two visits doing story mode and then finished off Double Dragon as well.  Good Luck and Happy Adventures!

You can do them all in the public version without problems did it with my alt account a month ago.

• Like 1

I was able to do the Skritt Hot and Cooler than Cool achievements in the public version, but was not able to get the objective number to move past 1/5 for the Double Dragon Achievement, even though I have been running Dragonstorm raid for the past 2 days.  It occurred to me that the one I got was when I had finished the Dragonstorm chapter of storymode the first time through, so I decided to hop in again and give it a try.  Sure enough, it started moving up and giving me credit.  I am not sure why the raid version did not work for me. I made sure I hit all the objectives and special skill moves throughout, but to no avail.   At least I am finally moving in the right direction.  Happy Adventures!

Edited by Tesslabon.6910

47 minutes ago, Tesslabon.6910 said:

I was able to do the Skritt Hot and Cooler than Cool achievements in the public version, but was not able to get the objective number to move past 1/5 for the Double Dragon Achievement, even though I have been running Dragonstorm raid for the past 2 days.  It occurred to me that the one I got was when I had finished the Dragonstorm chapter of storymode the first time through, so I decided to hop in again and give it a try.  Sure enough, it started moving up and giving me credit.  I am not sure why the raid version did not work for me. I made sure I hit all the objectives and special skill moves throughout, but to no avail.   At least I am finally moving in the right direction.  Happy Adventures!

You have do to it in time at the end finish the whole channel before you all get poofed away by Aurene to the ledge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand, Linken.  Thank you for replying and trying to help.  I did camp the blue crystal at the end and clicked it immediately, but the poof came before it completed. It seems to go fast with all the people in there and is easy to miss getting credit.  By myself,  In story mode, I was able to get the credit for completion each time.  Breathing a sigh of relief that I am finally able to complete the achievement.  Thanks again!

• Confused 1