How to counter the Scourge + Support guard bunker meta?

DanSH.6143

It depends much on how good the early game goes, but I would say a good option is leaving them both in mid node (if they are in mid) and splitting forces on other nodes thus forcing them or at least one of them to leave mid to join their teammates that are outnumbered leaving that mid node now vulnerable to gank/decap from the other side. Remember you don't necessairly need mid node to win, you need more nods than the enemy and it can be any node.

scourge and necro in general is a stat check character.
when its good there is almost nothing that can be done
we will see more and more of stupid things like tempest+scourge+reaper,
running into you blindly, spamming CC untill you are out, while facetaning milions of damage without dying, and then finishing you with lich when you are out of cooldowns, all the while having revive skills with almost no counterplay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

you killed an afker, normal player would have removed knockdown and then dodged rapid fire, then sic em, wolf pack is gone.
and you are stuck as a soulbeast against scourge and he outvalues you.
this is not even taking into account things like smart guard/tempest that will proj reflect/block for the scourge

he outheals lb autos, and when you engage on GS, you wont land a single hit due to blind spam through pullsing well and conversions, it is how it is.
yes you can kill couple of shitters that double-dodge autoattacks and then hit their forhead against the keyboard, but someone that at least somewhat tries to survive wont die to it and will outheal the damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

you killed an afker, normal player would have removed knockdown and then dodged rapid fire, then sic em, wolf pack is gone.
and you are stuck as a soulbeast against scourge and he outvalues you.
this is not even taking into account things like smart guard/tempest that will proj reflect/block for the scourge

he outheals lb autos, and when you engage on GS, you wont land a single hit due to blind spam through pullsing well and conversions, it is how it is.
yes you can kill couple of shitters that double-dodge autoattacks and then hit their forhead against the keyboard, but someone that at least somewhat tries to survive wont die to it and will outheal the damage.

Tell that to the p2+ players on Scourge who avoid me like the plague every game they see me in game.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524

This duo is very strong, even if one dies the other can sometimes stall until they are a duo once more. I would say strong damage and lockdown are the best option and I would always prioritize the guard.

When I bring a cc spam on chrono reapers do wonders in fights (of course it means that they already used some stab).

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1

You want to avoid those fights in general, even if you can down one. They'll likely get instant ressed and there goes all your skills.

Their low mobility is their weakness.

The only feasible thing I've ever done in a game is actual good focus then finishing off with Banner, honestly if DD's started using Impact Strike, it would kinda shift res away a little.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 4:37 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

berserker amulet

This, dmg wins 

On 5/1/2021 at 4:38 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yes sic em slb works too, oh wait it's dmg too 

If there are guard and scourge sitting on mid and non of your team has dmg push with 3 far, 2 take close and that split them and kill them solo or 2vs4? Idk let them in the snowball and win