Generation 3 Legendary weapons crafting.

While Trading Post is going crazy with the waiting of the new legendary armory and legendary weapons, I wonder if there will be any insight from devs on ressources needed to craft those gen 3 leggies. And what are the thoughts of the community there ? 

46 minutes ago, Armen.1483 said:

While Trading Post is going crazy with the waiting of the new legendary armory and legendary weapons, I wonder if there will be any insight from devs on ressources needed to craft those gen 3 leggies. And what are the thoughts of the community there ? 

I wish not, the rich will stock up and prices explode before arrival 

• Like 1

I was thinking about how they could make legendaries  in EoD special beyond just the vfx and the stat convenience - like what they did with Chuka, adding an actual questline behind it and rewarding items like backpacks which are part of that story. The next tier of legendaries could have full storylines and even more impactful rewards (besides the gear itself) that aren't just cosmetic.

• Like 1

There will be no ingredient hints.  There never have been for anything.  This gives every a player a chance to bid for mats.  Naturally, first come first served.  So always be around for zero day of new content.

Back when Ascended armor was released.  There were also no hints only a strong warning

"MARKET DISEQUILIBRIIM INCOMING".

You can look at material histories to see the release date and what happened.  The market kerfuffle lasted more than a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just hope it is more of Gen 2.5. Do the map completion and the 250 of that expansion's gated resource of YOUR choice (crystalline ingot/funerary incense) and just upgrade it. Legendaries from living world episodes was pretty great and eliminated precursor headache.

We'll never get stories for them, but they've proven they don't have the capacity to make it work.

• Confused 1

On 5/1/2021 at 12:30 PM, Perisemiotics.4579 said:

I was thinking about how they could make legendaries  in EoD special beyond just the vfx and the stat convenience - like what they did with Chuka, adding an actual questline behind it and rewarding items like backpacks which are part of that story. The next tier of legendaries could have full storylines and even more impactful rewards (besides the gear itself) that aren't just cosmetic.

It's a nice idea but  Anet canned that concept because it took too long to release them. 

4 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

I'm curious how they'll do the precursors.  They've certainly had more practice with collections since HoT.

They'll probably behave much the same as gen 2.5, ie crafting lots of Shards of Legendary Name and using Gifts of Cantha Mastery made some kind of Cantha specific resource rather than collections. 

I could see the usual ascended weapon collection we get with the new specs used - either made harder or required for another collection or recipe to make the pre.

I certainly think they will be harder to get.

I see no issue however getting the usual suspects ready, stacks of elder wood/mithril along side orichalcum, obi shards, time gates, MC's ( ready for clovers) ectos T6 mats, enough to make a gift of wood/metal.

I look on the bright side that if i don't need those mats at least i can sell them to maybe buy what i do need. 

Edited by Dami.5046

On 5/2/2021 at 6:06 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

It's a nice idea but  Anet canned that concept because it took too long to release them. 

Yep but the context of early S3 when that decision was made was another completely: they were working on PoF and pushing those high-quality episodes. Now, they have - or had - essentially automated LW to rehashed slices of Core maps and everything else was about the expansion, which we don't know what new features will have other than e-specs (that aren't exactly a new concept), so that opens up the possibility to re-integrate the established system of legendaries but with a twist, if you will, making them more intrinsic to the lore and gameplay.

2 minutes ago, Perisemiotics.4579 said:

Yep but the context of early S3 when that decision was made was another completely: they were working on PoF and pushing those high-quality episodes. Now, they have - or had - essentially automated LW to rehashed slices of Core maps and everything else was about the expansion, which we don't know what new features will have other than e-specs (that aren't exactly a new concept), so that opens up the possibility to re-integrate the established system of legendaries but with a twist, if you will, making them more intrinsic to the lore and gameplay.

You can't come to that conclusion without actually knowing what is happening at Anet. They had what you asked for and they couldn't deliver to a reasonable timetable because 'lots of work'. I won't speculate whatever caused that has changed because I don't doubt they are always busy with higher priority items (otherwise they wouldn't have canceled it in the first place).

I think the bottomline: it's cool, but it's not worth the effort. People will craft legendariers REGARDLESS of the work put into a story or not. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

I just hope they make the crafting process somewhat interesting again like the first 4 gen 2 legendaries.

I want to feel like I've put in effort for my legendary gear, not a grindable gold sink.
That being said.. I hope they exclude amalgamated gemstones (although they've become cheaper recently) and mystic coins (which are still a ridiculous item in the game since they changed the daily system)

Even if that means the development team has to put in effort, to come up with interesting stories behind the weapons that I can experience while crafting it. I don't care how much they have to postpone the release date to make this happen. I genuinely hope they don't get lazy and go the goldsink way again for this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Those weren't collections.

So your talking about the gen 2 precursors that anet them selfs said was to expensive to make so they abandoned them?

Or are you talking about the latest saga weapon collections that are basicly just material sinks?

12 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So your talking about the gen 2 precursors that anet them selfs said was to expensive to make so they abandoned them?

Or are you talking about the latest saga weapon collections that are basicly just material sinks?

I specifically stated "They've had more practice doing collections since HoT so there's a chance that the gen 3 precursors could be collections". 

12 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

I specifically stated "They've had more practice doing collections since HoT so there's a chance that the gen 3 precursors could be collections". 

Care to elabortae what collections your talking about that arent single time like for example the skyscale since it alot less work doing 1 time collection then 16-19 times weapon collections?